The Dark Knight Rises

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Batman 3

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:27 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:You wouldn't get on your knees if Marion Cottilard asked you to?


Image

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: OL
User avatar
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III
 
Joined: December 2004
Location: Beyond The Wall
XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Re: Batman 3

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:24 am

That's my girl..
You can find me at Tojo Dojo Forums along with Shenmue Dojo regulars!
User avatar
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: UK

Re: Batman 3

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:44 am

I want her to have my kids
User avatar
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III
 
Joined: December 2004
Location: Beyond The Wall
XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Re: Batman 3

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:30 pm

^Really? Being an actress she will be away for a lot of the time meaning you will have to raise them virtually alone.
User avatar
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2006
Location: Kent, England
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Re: Batman 3

Postby QWERTY » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:51 am


QWERTY has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
User avatar
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned
 
Joined: February 2004

Re: Batman 3

Postby KiBa » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:25 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:
Crimson Ryan wrote:You wouldn't get on your knees if Marion Cottilard asked you to?


Image


Hmmm... Perhaps I was wrong about her.
Check out yeo's The friends of Ringo Ishikawa:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =861780193

KiBa has received a thanks from: OL
User avatar
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: January 2006

Re: Batman 3

Postby Joe Pesci » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:27 am

PS Mittz, I agree with your rant wholeheartedly, except for considering TDKR a good film in any capacity. I think it is a god awful film. None of the good elements that existed within it made up for any of the poor elements. Sure, the fighting improved in this film, adding a little extra suspense, but almost everything else about it was just piss poor. Obvious 3 act structure, terrible dialogue, superfluous characters, superfluous sub-narratives, impotent climaxes. It was so overwrought with conventions, it amazes me that his films are as popular as they are.

I thought Bane was an excellent villain (Nolan is good at creating evil characters and their aesthetic design) up until the end, which basically renders any of the cool things he did pointless and uncool. Speaking of the ending, the whole thing just completely sucked. Why did the film need Blake? All of this closure that I feel is completely unnecessary in a Batman film, only to leave this one loose end that didn't need to exist in the first place?? Bah, I hate it. I hate it.

PPS, I really like Cillian Murphy and I was very happy to see her in it again to reprise her role.
Image

Andy Hughes, in a backlash at Joe Pesci wrote:HEY!!, whats the big deal in all my topics you take the FUCKING PISS OUT OF ME!!. How comes you FUCKING CUNT!!. Not many others do it. Is it cause i can't spell proparly?. Well you don't even know my age. How can a stupid adult pick on a kid. You sad FUCK!. Get a life insted of taking the piss out of the fourm members. I am going to report you to Hellrasier if you keep treating me like this. And hellraiser knows my age.


In Italian 'Pesci' means Fish(Plural),
Just keep that in mind,
Because the next time you hear,
About someone 'Sleeping with the fishes',
It could mean a fate worse than death...

Fin
- Gnfnrs
User avatar
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Utah... sadly
Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: Batman 3

Postby Bambi » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:04 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLyoog562x4[/youtube]

Bambi has received a thanks from: OL
User avatar
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Scotland
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Batman 3

Postby OL » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:21 am

Joe Pesci wrote:It was so overwrought with conventions, it amazes me that his films are as popular as they are.


It shouldn't. Most people don't look at movies from the more technical "film student's" point of view, obviously. Most people just watch a movie to forget the world and be entertained, and his movies are good at accomplishing exactly that.
And before you say that his movies aren't entertaining, keep in mind that entertainment is a subjective concept to begin with. Just because you don't find enjoyment in something doesn't mean that the majority of others can't.
Most people just don't take the subject of film as seriously as a film student would, so they aren't hung up on certain things as much.
Image

OL has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, MiTT3NZ
User avatar
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III
 
Joined: May 2003

Re: Batman 3

Postby Bluecast » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:41 pm

OL wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:It was so overwrought with conventions, it amazes me that his films are as popular as they are.


It shouldn't. Most people don't look at movies from the more technical "film student's" point of view, obviously. Most people just watch a movie to forget the world and be entertained, and his movies are good at accomplishing exactly that.
And before you say that his movies aren't entertaining, keep in mind that entertainment is a subjective concept to begin with. Just because you don't find enjoyment in something doesn't mean that the majority of others can't.
Most people just don't take the subject of film as seriously as a film student would, so they aren't hung up on certain things as much.

Replace Movie with games as well.

because i took me a while to find that out is why if there is ever a Call of Duty or next David Cage game topic at my site I won't say a word. Just let it be oh let it be.
Image
Image
User avatar
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned
 
Joined: August 2003
PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Batman 3

Postby Yukupo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:03 pm

I just saw this image and it makes a very valid point:

Image
Yukupo
User avatar
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: September 2003
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Batman 3

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:09 pm

Because he's BATMAN!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III
 
Joined: January 2005
Location: Manchester, innit!
XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Re: Batman 3

Postby Bluecast » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:28 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:Because he's BATMAN!

Image


For president

Image
Image
User avatar
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned
 
Joined: August 2003
PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Batman 3

Postby Joe Pesci » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:42 pm

@OL

It has nothing to do with his films being entertaining. And I won't say that they're not. Because to be quite honest I am entertained by them. I just love to hate Nolan. He adds a valuable asset to the prism with which I perceive movies. I just think his films have a lot of the same conventions of say, Michael Bay, but because he dresses it up with some photorealistic elements and melodrama he doesn't receive even close to the same stigmatic backlash that Bay does.

Also, we all really are film students. ;)
Image

Andy Hughes, in a backlash at Joe Pesci wrote:HEY!!, whats the big deal in all my topics you take the FUCKING PISS OUT OF ME!!. How comes you FUCKING CUNT!!. Not many others do it. Is it cause i can't spell proparly?. Well you don't even know my age. How can a stupid adult pick on a kid. You sad FUCK!. Get a life insted of taking the piss out of the fourm members. I am going to report you to Hellrasier if you keep treating me like this. And hellraiser knows my age.


In Italian 'Pesci' means Fish(Plural),
Just keep that in mind,
Because the next time you hear,
About someone 'Sleeping with the fishes',
It could mean a fate worse than death...

Fin
- Gnfnrs

Joe Pesci has received a thanks from: OL
User avatar
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Utah... sadly
Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: Batman 3

Postby Kenny » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:02 pm

I'd be better if Nolan makes his future films more like Inception and Prestige, where style and substance go hand in hand. Problem is alot of the time there's too much substance where it feels like a lecture about society or an idea more than an entertaining movie (Bay has the opposite effect).
>-Just spreading the love=<
Image

------

The new Dojo Forums where the regulars now post: http://www.tojodojo.com/forums
The one and only true Dojo.
User avatar
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III
 
Joined: November 2004
Location: Somewhere
PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net