Adam Doree leaving Kikizo?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:02 pm

He didn't lie for a 'scoop'. He could never have a scoop based on that, anyway.

It would take him being much dumber than he actually is to believe it would work in any way save the hate he gathered for himself.

And he could simply have said, at any given moment, that his anonymous source lied to him. To the end, even today, he swears that was not the case and that the game was ready.

And that is problably the worst (and, from a different perspective, best) part of it.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:31 pm

True. If that was me I'd probably cave under the pressure and blurt out I lied about it. He's leaving the entire profession behind, it's not like he's moving to a different gaming website so he wouldn't have any major repercussions.. unless ofcourse his new boss at a restaurant is a Dojo member ;)
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:49 am

In a much more relevant point...
As anyone ever asked Adam what he meant with 'next gen ready'?
Ready to enter first stages of prodution?
Or with some work (most models, a good deal of animation, game structure, basic gameplay; ...) already done?
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Schiff » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Mr Doree didn't know what to write and he came out with that. I don't believe a single word of what he states because of the arrogance of his late sentences about this topic.
Schiff
Wanna leave the cave
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: ylyon
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Virtua Fighter 5FS

Postby ys » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:41 am

Is this topic still going? :? I saw that original post as a bullshit topic at Kikizo since it was a bit too absurd and made by some new member/troll. Then I come here and see that some seem to treat it as fact. Besides that, he hired someone to work for Kikizo a while ago and started with some Bluray-site in the meanwhile.

Anyway, about the Shenmue III thing. I still guess that he indeed got false information or that Sega changed their minds. I actually suspect the latter most of all since he has a good reputation otherwise when it comes to news. The Japanese developers also trust him quite a lot. For example AM2 who only accepted recent interviews with him etc. And why would he lie about Shenmue? Hardly to attract more people to the site. He could take something about Halo or whatever to be more effective. Shenmue isn't going to give him many more visitors compared to those games. As the situation is right now. It would mostly be Shenmuedojo members anyway who check it out.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Dorian » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:53 pm

Adam Doree can go and kill himself, I wish him the best of the worst.

I don't blame him for antyhing but I'm just a very negative guy becasue of the fact that the greatest gaming series of all time has ended with a cliffhanger in a form of the main hero being stuck in a fucking cave.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Hazuki Legend » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:41 pm

Dorian wrote:Adam Doree can go and kill himself, I wish him the best of the worst.

I don't blame him for antyhing but I'm just a very negative guy becasue of the fact that the greatest gaming series of all time has ended with a cliffhanger in a form of the main hero being stuck in a fucking cave.

Feel free to send him death threats on facebook.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby Dorian » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:11 pm

I don't use facebook since I'm a very negative guy, as stated before.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby PirateMuffins » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:28 pm

Good luck to Adam Doree, don't have anything against him, he seemed as excited as the rest of us when he reported the story, i doubt he would just make it all up knowing his reputation would be in tatters afterwards, i'm guessing he was just given bad information from his source, either that or Sega backed off at the last minute although that seems very unlikely.
PirateMuffins
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ys » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:34 pm

Well maybe they did back off. Weren't they also supposed to show something at E3 before (if I remember correctly 2005) but didn't in the last minute? I remember that Yu was there but eventually didn't show anything.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby HappyKillmore » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:19 pm

ys wrote:Well maybe they did back off. Weren't they also supposed to show something at E3 before (if I remember correctly 2005) but didn't in the last minute? I remember that Yu was there but eventually didn't show anything.

It was the same with that Chinese Expo. The year after we say the long Shenmue Online video, they had Shenmue online on their schedule, but never showed anything. Very strange..
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Currently playing: With Myself

Re: Adam Doree leaving Kikizo?

Postby Amir » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:47 pm

Well, whether or not that 2005 article was a load of bollocks (most likely) or not (unlikely), Doree was almost right about one thing...

"As for Shenmue, I would have to say at this stage, it is worth forgetting about. If all the fans get any rich relatives together and channel it though Dojo perhaps we could buy rights, hire Suzuki (he’d likely say yes) and independently make the game under license from Sega at no risk to them. That is the only way it will get made at this stage I think."

http://www.wired.com/2007/08/rumor-shenmue-g/

Amir has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Drakul » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:13 am

holy necro man!
Drakul
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby NeoShredder » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:08 am

Drakul wrote: holy necro man!

What are the Dojo's feelings on Mr. Doree in light of recent happenings?
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby ElephantStone » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:16 am

Same as they were about 6 years ago. Total lying cunt.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III