Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

Postby Bambi » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Image Image Image

Some birthday gifts I received. I picked the Silent Hill collection out for myself but the others were surprises.

Bambi has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:31 pm

LoS is fucking awesome. Screw the haters. If you like CV before SOTN then you should like LoS.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Bambi
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Initially I grabbed this today because the price for it on Amazon had started to shoot up (was nearing 60 bucks), so I figured I better get it locally before it becomes almost unattainable. Don't even have the 3DS yet, but I like to be prepared.
Checked Amazon just now though and I guess a new printing must have been made, because the price is back to normal.
Oh well. I would have gotten it eventually anyway.

OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:48 pm

Bambi wrote: Image Image Image

Some birthday gifts I received. I picked the Silent Hill collection out for myself but the others were surprises.

Ever played the Silent Hill games before?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Bambi » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Ryudo wrote: LoS is fucking awesome. Screw the haters. If you like CV before SOTN then you should like LoS.

It's not actually a series I know much about, I like the look of this though.
Henry Spencer wrote:
Bambi wrote: Image Image Image

Ever played the Silent Hill games before?

Sort of. Never really got into the first game, played a bit of the second game when it was ported to Xbox but ultimately gave up on it too. Hoping this doesn't happen again as it's always come highly recommended.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:24 pm

Really wanted to get into the Silent Hill series but after playing the first game for just over an hour I knew the controls would stop me from enjoying it.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Bambi
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:31 pm

Bambi while LoS is QTE heavy the theme of the game and has many nods to older CV games. It did not rip off God of War as people say since God of War ripped of Castlevania:Lament of Innocence. It does borrow from SOTC tho. Yeah this is more along the lines of CV 1-4. Less backtracking less glam rock and more horror and gothic elements. Also if you don;t buy the DLC to get the twist ending then watch on Youtube. Trust me

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Bambi
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Ryudo wrote: LoS is fucking awesome.

And even if it wasn't, for ten bucks it's hard to beat the games value. I considered picking it up myslef, but that back log. :mad:

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:24 pm

Yeah, Silent Hill 1 is really aged rather badly nowadays, but don't let that put you off the rest of the series.

Riku Rose wrote: Really wanted to get into the Silent Hill series but after playing the first game for just over an hour I knew the controls would stop me from enjoying it.

A shame you feel that way since SH2 is self contained storyline that has pretty much nothing to do with SH1 & 3 (aside from, well, it being "Silent Hill" where the game takes place) and an absolute masterpiece. It also controls better. Did you get around to trying the Resi Evil series as well?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Yeah, Silent Hill 1 is really aged rather badly nowadays, but don't let that put you off the rest of the series.

Riku Rose wrote: Really wanted to get into the Silent Hill series but after playing the first game for just over an hour I knew the controls would stop me from enjoying it.

A shame you feel that way since SH2 is self contained storyline that has pretty much nothing to do with SH1 & 3 (aside from, well, it being "Silent Hill" where the game takes place) and an absolute masterpiece. It also controls better. Did you get around to trying the Resi Evil series as well?

I've always been one that likes to play all the games in the series in order just so I enjoy it more. I may either go back to Silent Hill or jump straight into SH2 through the HD collection.

As for Resi I still need to get the remake for Wii. I have 2,3 & 5 thanks to PS+ so once I get the first game I should be able to fly through. I just need to go through some games in my backlog first.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:18 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote: Yeah, Silent Hill 1 is really aged rather badly nowadays, but don't let that put you off the rest of the series.

I've always been one that likes to play all the games in the series in order just so I enjoy it more. I may either go back to Silent Hill or jump straight into SH2 through the HD collection.

As for Resi I still need to get the remake for Wii. I have 2,3 & 5 thanks to PS+ so once I get the first game I should be able to fly through. I just need to go through some games in my backlog first.

Understandable. I like to play games in order of release too, but sometimes it's necessary to play the best one rather than none at all. And I look forward to your impressions of the Resi Evil series. 2 is my personal favourite, 3 is great and 5 is underrated.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:47 pm

To celebrate 25years of Final Fantasy every FF on PSN is 50% off so I got FFVII at last for 5$
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:53 pm

^ you still need a physical non-green label copy though.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:56 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: ^ you still need a physical non-green label copy though.

I really couldn't give a rats ass about green or black. I will get a physical copy at the right time at the right price at the right condition. Green or Black. Money value for my games is of no concern as I don't collect to sell but to play. Not collecting just to have shit on the shelf and say hey looky at me I got the thuper duper orange label! :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming