Shenmue 2 Full English Xbox Speech mod for Sega Dreamcast

(Modding and other series related projects)

Re: Shenmue 2 Full English Xbox Speech mod for Sega Dreamcas

Postby bpear96 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:03 am

Made some more mirrors :)
https://spideroak.com/share/ONUGK3TNOVS ... 0RePACK.7z (click link then wait a couple seconds and download will begin)

http://ubuntuone.com/6rHoSF2nlO1e8SlM072X66

Links in order from fastest (top) to slowest (bottom) at least for me.
All direct links, no capchas, waiting etc, just click link and download begins :D

All 4 Discs compressed to .7z. each .cdi is encoded with ECM, decode by dragging the cdi onto included "UNECM"

Enjoy!
Last edited by bpear96 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
bpear96
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: bpear
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: shenmue II english mod :)

Postby Snoopbob2006 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Hello there folks I have downloaded the "fixed" version I am trying to make it work on my SD card reader thingy that I just bought.

Anyone know how to convert from GDI to ISO (SDISO)

I seem to be missing a key part

Thank you.
Snoopbob2006
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Snoopbob2005
XBL: Snoopbob2005
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby mrslig100 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:12 pm

I have VERY slow Internet and In order to download via mirrors I have to leave my computer running for about 3 days and it usually times out within about 8 hours. I am lazy though and have given up looking for a link, has anyone finished downloading it and have a torrent for it (And also willing to seed til I can myself for others.).
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:09 am

I'm also completely clueless as to how this works. Is there a guide that I can use that tells me how to do this? Including Converting US save file so Euro port identifies it, how to burn and boot it on a Dreamcast etc.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Here's maybe a more easier question. Does anyone know where I could get 99 min CD-Rs that aren't in like 50 packs? Maybe like a 10 pack or 20 pack would be more preferrable. I don't need that many
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby vash32 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:48 am

Yokosuka Martian wrote:Here's maybe a more easier question. Does anyone know where I could get 99 min CD-Rs that aren't in like 50 packs? Maybe like a 10 pack or 20 pack would be more preferrable. I don't need that many

I have a pack of 25 99 Min CD-Rs I got on ebay for $14.99. If you look sometimes you can fine 99 Min CD at ebay.

Yokosuka Martian wrote:I'm also completely clueless as to how this works. Is there a guide that I can use that tells me how to do this? Including Converting US save file so Euro port identifies it, how to burn and boot it on a Dreamcast etc.

For converting US save to PAL, all you need is this http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/dreamcast/homebrew-apps/shenmue-save-converter/
and if you need help getting the game to work, try this http://theisozone.com/tutorials/dreamcast/burning-and-backup/dreamcast-burning-cdi-2012-style/
Do it like 4x or as low as you can.
vash32
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Shenmue II Dics 3

Postby Martin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:57 am

Awesome mod! Has anyone tried doing the opposite for the first game? That'd interest me greatly. I much prefer the Japanese soundtrack.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Anthony817 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:43 pm

I think somebody was talking about doing something for the Xbox version of this game but I am not totally sure.
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Postby KiBa » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:22 pm

Martin wrote:Awesome mod! Has anyone tried doing the opposite for the first game? That'd interest me greatly. I much prefer the Japanese soundtrack.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=43947

But you're not Martin.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby ReRuss » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:17 am

So just curious, using the typical banana 99min CD-Rs, has anyone played the entire game yet on a DC?
ReRuss
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ReRuss
XBL: ReRuss
Currently playing: Neo-Geo 6-Slot

Postby mrslig100 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:07 pm

Please someone put it in torrent format PLEEEAAAASSSEEE, I need it for a friend who cant download it as they use 3g dongle internet that costs like a tenner for a giggabyte.
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:29 am

OR you can send him it via post, which would save you both shitloads of time and money in the long run.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby mrslig100 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:09 pm

I was gonna give it to him on a flash drive, but the problem is that I dont have the file myself, The download times out coz of how slow my internet is.
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby bpear96 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:10 am

Another mirror for this :)
https://www.cubby.com/p/_1fc37ce657a641 ... +RePACK.7z

Direct link. Fast! seems to almost max out my connection

Like my other mirrors
All 4 Discs compressed to .7z. Each .cdi is encoded with ECM, decode by dragging the cdi onto included "UNECM"

bpear96 has received 2 thanks from: mrslig100, Ziming
bpear96

PSN: bpear
Currently playing: shenmue II english mod :)

Re:

Postby sm1th » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:46 pm

LanDC wrote: there are far many more unused, useless files on these discs that could be axed. Maps, audio, etc. Hell, there are even duplicates of entire area folders that serve absolutely no purpose.

This would have been the best possible mod...but, i never got a list of unused files from any1 here.

Master Kyodai wrote:I added the full CRI Middleware SDK 2008 package to our modding compendium thread. This one also includes the mentioned AHXENCD.exe.

AHXENCD.exe was used for this mod.

Anthony817 wrote:It takes up to 8 hours of swapping 30,000 or so audio files, not to mention converting all the Xbox sound files to a usable DC format.

Mainly because i was using a pentium 3 pc lol. Either way it was still a pain in the ass. 8 hours each disk!! :(

StuntmanSnake wrote:Are the cutscenes suppost to be widescreen (black bars on top and bottom)? Shenmue 1 wasn't like this that's why I'm asking.

I don't know.

ReRuss wrote: I dont think this project ever did lip syncing, just audio conversion.

Yes, it was just an audio conversion..lip sync is similar to a kung fu movie. :)

smokey1234 wrote: on the first disc of the 99min version there is a fault in the sound for the Intro of the game, is there any way to fix it, because the 80 min version doesnt seem to have this problem.

I don't know..are you playing on dreamcast or NullDC? if it is a problem it would be an easy fix.

Mojo wrote:I played around a bit more though, and now I realized that the weird voices just happens on the cutscenes, when the black bars appear on the screen. The audio on the regular in-game conversations is fine... all the rest is fine too(music, sound effects, etc) and that makes it even weirder to me. Do you guys have any idea on this?

I don't know..are you playing on dreamcast or NullDC? if it is a problem it would be an easy fix.

QTEChampion wrote:I have the same problem as above. Along with the slightly metallic voices during cutscenes, there's a scary burst of static towards the end of the opening intro movie with Shenhua. It's still playable, but I can honestly do without it and I'm just wondering if this is only a problem for a select few.

sm1th

PreviousNext

Return to Community Projects