Yakuza series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Yakuza series

Postby Monkei » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Haha. What I meant to say is 'here's more evidence for the game coming pretty soon(ish)' :p

Monkei has received a thanks from: OL
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Monkei » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:45 am

Sorry for double-posting, but I'm actually wondering: Do you think they might give away Yakuza 5 on PS Plus in September? Releasing games on PS Plus has been a common practice with indy titles in recent months (OlliOlli 2 and Rocket League weren't available prior to their PS Plus runs for example). Why not do the same for a japanese niche game? It still doesn't have a concrete release date and Sony's behind it anyway.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:54 am

I personally wouldn't count on it, just because this seems like one they really need to make an actual profit on to justify it (rather than just giving it away on a previously-paid service). Maybe sometime later down the line, but being that the PS3 is a fading console now, I also wouldn't count on that.
But hey, I've been wrong about these kinds of things before.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:49 pm

Evidence suggests the game has moved forward back to a Summer release. Sega have unveiled three new micro-sites for Yakuza 5 across their US, UK & AU websites.

PlayStation Network avatars for Yakuza 5 are also available on the US store.Image

Seems we're just waiting for the ESRB to rate this game and we're good to go!

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: OL
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:17 am

Starting to get a little pissed every time I see this topic has a new post and it isn't the release date.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Monkei » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:54 am

^ There you go, "later this year" it is according to the PS Blog! :P

Says IGN:

Yakuza 5 to Launch in the West With all Japanese DLC
Includes sub-plots for all characters.
by: Luke Karmali
August 25, 2015

Yakuza 5 is due to launch in the West later this year on PS3 and, when it does, it'll come with all the DLC currently available in Japan.

A post on the PS Blog confirms the additional content coming with the Western release, which includes "Another Drama" - a series of sub-plots that focus on each of the five protagonists.

It's also been confirmed amid the other minigames on offer, you'll be able to take on your PSN friends in a round of Virtua Fighter 2 by venturing into the Club Sega arcade.

When we got a chance to go hands-on with the game's bear-wrestling, battle-dancing and city-hopping we were pretty enamored.

Monkei has received a thanks from: johnvivant
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby johnvivant » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:19 pm

super looking forward to this. i really hope all the content stays in there, the only exception being the trivia game.
phpBB [video]

johnvivant has received a thanks from: Cave Johnson
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:55 pm

That was nice of them to include a question on Zero, they must of had a lot of questions to look over.

Shame there's nothing concrete on release date but I've snapped a few quotes from the PlayStation Blog:

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: johnvivant
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Cave Johnson » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:43 pm

I just pre-ordered Yakuza 5. I did my part at a discount too. Can't wait!
Cave Johnson
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: SHMUPS

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:38 am

God, I so hope we get Yakuza 0 too, that game looks sweet. I know it's greedy, but I want to be excited for more Yakuza after 5 is out, dammit. It's really cool that Y5 isn't getting anything cut at all from the Japanese version, even has Virtua Fighter 2 Online in the Club SEGA arcade.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Monkei » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:47 pm

Monkei has received 2 thanks from: Henry Spencer, south carmain
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:13 pm

Noice.. And I've got a £25 PSN voucher for my birthday last year I've been saving for Yakuza 5. Noice!
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:29 am

nice, I was a bit scared they were gonna make it full price seeing a lot of games on PSN are a complete rip-off. This should help it sell a bit more.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Shin Pan Tzee » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:48 pm

Yakuza is just too damn good. One of my fav series of all time. After being blown away by it on PS2, i bought a PS3 just to play the other games, and stayed for other great exclusives too, of course.

I'm more hyped for Y5 than MGS 5 tbh. Hope it succeds so we can get Y0.

Henry Spencer wrote: God, I so hope we get Yakuza 0 too, that game looks sweet. I know it's greedy, but I want to be excited for more Yakuza after 5 is out, dammit. It's really cool that Y5 isn't getting anything cut at all from the Japanese version, even has Virtua Fighter 2 Online in the Club SEGA arcade.

Yeah, 0 looks brilliant, and from people that played, it is even better than 5. Dat 80's feel ads a lot to it too. We just need to buy Y5 and make more people buy it, and annoy Gio Corsi on twitter too to send Sony a message. We did it for 5, we can do it for 0

Shin Pan Tzee has received a thanks from: OL
Shin Pan Tzee
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby OL » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:57 am

Shin Pan Tzee wrote:I'm more hyped for Y5 than MGS 5 tbh.

I am really excited for MGS5, just to be clear, but yeah, I'm still with you on being even more amped for Y5. The series has just never let me down, plain as that. Even with Dead Souls, which I thought I'd be averse to, it still won me over and kept me hooked. And over time, my opinions on each individual game haven't changed at all (as they tend to with some other games, such as MGS4). People can complain of the changes between games being too minute, or complain because it isn't Shenmue, or what have you. But whatever the case, Yakuza constantly and consistently offers up a "just right" experience for me, every damn time. I just wish we would get all of them localized.

EDIT: Oh, and just a fun little note. Downloaded the yakuza DLC for Payday 2, which adds a new character named Jiro. And I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but his clothes are similar to Kazuma, if only in coloring. Light grey suit, reddish shirt.

OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming