Old LanDC Save Files

(Modding and other series related projects)

Old LanDC Save Files

Postby shengoro86 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:48 pm

A little trip back in time...

Does anyone have copies of the hacked save files for shenmue 1 and 2 where you can access beta areas and shut the clippping off in S1? I believe most of them were done by LanDC. I do have the beta workers pier from S2 and I also have the files that are on the DreamEMU Disc.

Im looking to revisit some of this stuff for some nostalgia.

-James

PS: I really want the xbox save for the Shenhua baby scene area with her parents.

Thank you all.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Re: Old LanDC Save Files

Postby kakuzawa » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:50 am

shengoro86, yoy have this "The beta workers pier" for Xbox? Couldn't find it myself, so maybe you could share it?
Well I wrote PM some time ago to LanDC, unfortunately, no response :(
Would be great to explore "Shenhua baby scene" too, of course on Xbox :D So I'm totally with you.

Do you know, if save with no sleeping (where you can see sunsets etc) is available for Xbow?
kakuzawa
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Used to modify S2X

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:00 pm

yeah i can share the xbox version on the beta workers pier and i have translated alot of the dev boxes everywhere. i have it set as slot ten and it works on 360 as well, i added it to my box via a usb hdd adapter a long time ago. beta workers pier in hd. as for the sleep mod, i have it for dreamcast but no xbox. give me some time to get the shenmue save file since im never home.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby kakuzawa » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Recently I discovered that on GD2 when setting chawan signs there is one that leads you to the park, near Xiuying, well.. it gives you time to stay late up to 1:20 am, after that the cutscene is played (even if you're on the other side of the HK) and the battle begins. I wonder what was made to cheat Dreamcast and play through the night...

btw. I have found the xbox save to beta aberdeen:
here!
fortunately only the beginning of the the link in the topic changed and the file was also uploaded to newer dojo, so it was accessible all the time
kakuzawa

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:38 am

Thats good that you found that. Its cool that the links are updated, id hate to lose years of research. Anyway, I have the ability to hack S2 on xbox, i might be able to get a all nighter going in Hong Kong, I really want to try it with Guilin though. The only problem is that my xbox is at my house and my computer isnt. Im going to get in touch with LanDC and see if he has any of his files.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby kakuzawa » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:49 am

I made a tool to swap characters in Shenmue 2, but hacking saves is kinda hard, you know... This beta Aberdeen save is great in a way, that includes also all night stay (made by setting time to be day before actually in-game arriving in HK, but where is it in the save... I couldn't find by hexediting)... I already wrote to LanDC and Mestre Ziming (like 2 days ago), who are masters in hacking Shenmue... atm, nothing, but maybe they'll response to you ;)
kakuzawa

Postby kakuzawa » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:41 am

Since I figured out how the saves are signed (on Xbox) and I got the general idea of what & where is stored in save I decided to post my request.
Getting to Shenhua birth/Xiuying&Ziming flashbacks is not as easy, as loading Beta Aberdeen/Beta Thousand White Qr (where you just specify folder to load content). So... if there is anyone who find a way to load them (by save/changing files/anyway) just let me know. I'm pretty sure, the map for Shenhua Birth is in Scene/04/KSH1. Yet I can't load the map with my modification of save, as in this folder is stored Shenhua house (and this is what is loaded when opening save).

kakuzawa

Postby Bluecast » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:08 pm

Ziming sometimes answers PMs and sometimes never and when he does it usually took a long time.
LanDC never did. Besides he never is around anymore,no idea why he is even staff anymore.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby kakuzawa » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:15 pm

Year ago I wrote PM to LanDC about Beta Aberdeen, but as you said, he didn't answer, recent PM is in state "to be sent" probably due to he is "never around anymore"... Still no response from Mestre Ziming (once again "to be sent"). Such a shame no-one left something about this stuff (if no files prepared to download even tutorial would be super great) beside videos which quality leaves much to desire...
kakuzawa

Postby Bluecast » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:26 pm

Oh Mestre Ziming,jeez he has not been around in years.
And was a rare poster anyway. Ziming former owner is still kinda up and down on PMs but if your topic catches his attention he may respond.

So best of luck.
:???:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Ziming » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:00 pm

kakuzawa wrote:Year ago I wrote PM to LanDC about Beta Aberdeen, but as you said, he didn't answer, recent PM is in state "to be sent" probably due to he is "never around anymore"... Still no response from Mestre Ziming (once again "to be sent"). Such a shame no-one left something about this stuff (if no files prepared to download even tutorial would be super great) beside videos which quality leaves much to desire...

Check your private messages.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby kakuzawa » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:13 am

Thanks Ziming.
For the record: Mestre Ziming mail as you expected is not his current address (to be precise it's not working, my mail was returned).
I already (earlier) contacted Shendream, but he didn't mod Shenmue...
kakuzawa

Postby wude » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:53 pm

getting the beta aberdeen is pretty easy, but swapping the flashback scenes is hard ,because some files are pks/pkf and others are mt7.
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby kakuzawa » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:45 pm

wude wrote:getting the beta aberdeen is pretty easy, but swapping the flashback scenes is hard

I already said that ;) But, more seriously...
wude wrote:some files are pks/pkf and others are mt7.

So, any success with this map swap? Where you able to load any of these flashback scenes maps?
kakuzawa

Postby wude » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:19 pm

kakuzawa wrote:So, any success with this map swap? Where you able to load any of these flashback scenes maps?

i think so :lol:

again ,sorry for the low quality of my images :-"
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Next

Return to Community Projects