Ys Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:17 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoSHmVkjmuA[/youtube]

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Nah you got me lol


So disappointed in you. :no:
User avatar
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III
 
Joined: April 2003

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:28 am

shoulda got that

The Legend Of Heroes: Trails In The Sky HD Edition Soaring On To PS3


http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/25/th ... on-to-ps3/
Image

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Dorian
User avatar
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III
 
Joined: July 2010
Location: Nueva Jork
PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:27 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: shoulda got that

The Legend Of Heroes: Trails In The Sky HD Edition Soaring On To PS3


http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/25/th ... on-to-ps3/

Image
Dorian
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: August 2007
Location: Poland
PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:44 am

Oh yea forgot you've been dying to play it.
Image
User avatar
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III
 
Joined: July 2010
Location: Nueva Jork
PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:47 pm

me and segata like it, so dorian will naturally hate it, but will still download yaoi of Joshua and fap to it.
which segata will provide links to.
User avatar
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III
 
Joined: April 2003

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:14 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: me and segata like it, he will naturally hate it, but will still download yaoi of Joshua and fap to it.

I have better yaoi to download. Not to mention real life porn.

Dunno about the game itself. I have no factual idea about it. One of the reasons why I'm hyped.
Dorian
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: August 2007
Location: Poland
PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Dorian wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: me and segata like it, he will naturally hate it, but will still download yaoi of Joshua and fap to it.

I have better yaoi to download. Not to mention real life porn.

Dunno about the game itself. I have no factual idea about it. One of the reasons why I'm hyped.


Legend of Heroes Yaoi is tasty like a pear.

Also:

http://www.rpgamer.com/pointsofview/arc ... &game=1684

Of the three reviews the one that goes into the most detail is Cunningham's, which is funny because Adriaan's is the longest.
Image

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
User avatar
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III
 
Joined: July 2010
Location: Nueva Jork
PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:56 pm

I don't read JRPG reviews before I play the game.
Dorian
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: August 2007
Location: Poland
PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:09 pm

Dorian wrote: I don't read JRPG reviews before I play the game.


](*,) Whats the point of reading them at all then? So long as they are spoiler free, I dont see any problem with reading them before you play. Dorian likes to go in blind I guess.
User avatar
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III
 
Joined: April 2003

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:17 pm

Makes sense, back in the day its not like we all read reviews before we jumped into a game, I sure as hell didn't (and honestly still don't I read reviews after I've played the game most times)
Image

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 2 thanks from: Dorian, OL
User avatar
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III
 
Joined: July 2010
Location: Nueva Jork
PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby OL » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:17 pm

To be fair, I rarely read reviews prior to playing a game either. I play games based on whether they look like they'll actually appeal to me, not based on what other people think is good or bad.
If I do end up reading a review, it's usually because it's on a game I like, and I'm really just seeing what I agree/disagree with the reviewer on, and whether they bring up any interesting points.
Image

OL has received 2 thanks from: Dorian, KiBa
User avatar
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III
 
Joined: May 2003

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Dorian wrote: I don't read JRPG reviews before I play the game.


](*,) Whats the point of reading them at all then? So long as they are spoiler free, I dont see any problem with reading them before you play. Dorian likes to go in blind I guess.

The point of reading them after playing the game? Isn't it obvious? To see if the reviewer is a fucking moron or not. I don't need any reviews to tell what to buy. My intuition is always enough. Sadly, sometimes I don't listen to it and fall for hype because of certain people being too gung ho.
Dorian
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: August 2007
Location: Poland
PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Who cares if another person is a fucking moron or not? But I agree with OL, I like to watch video/trailers for games if I like it based off that then i'll usually skim a review or 2 for it and see what an actual persons opinion is. And after FFXIII, and this meh generation of gaming so far, no one can be trusted. I need opinions from trustworthy sources (like many of the people here) before I play. That being said there are exceptions, I am pre-ordering Ni No Kuni and getting the LE day one, for sure. 8)
User avatar
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III
 
Joined: April 2003

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby KiBa » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:39 am

Do you trust me? I highly recommend Ninja Gaiden 3.
Check out yeo's The friends of Ringo Ishikawa:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =861780193
User avatar
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: January 2006

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:01 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Who cares if another person is a fucking moron or not? But I agree with OL, I like to watch video/trailers for games if I like it based off that then i'll usually skim a review or 2 for it and see what an actual persons opinion is. And after FFXIII, and this meh generation of gaming so far, no one can be trusted. I need opinions from trustworthy sources (like many of the people here) before I play. That being said there are exceptions, I am pre-ordering Ni No Kuni and getting the LE day one, for sure. 8)

You're just different. Stop imposing your ideals.


The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky HD Edition box art and comparison screens:

Image
Image

Image
Image

Image

Looks fucking sweet, if I do say so myself.
Dorian
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: August 2007
Location: Poland
PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net