PSVita (PSP2)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

PSVita suppliers

Postby south carmain » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:50 pm

would anyone here know any good video game/console suppliers?

I'm thinking of buying a stock of PSVitas, between 5-10 in total, maybe more in the future

any Idea where I should look to find them cheaper than in the high street stores? the cheapest here new is 200£

I don't mind importing from hong kong or wherever if it's a trusted seller
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Re: PSVita suppliers

Postby Bluecast » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:07 pm

We have a Vita topic
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: PSVita (PSP2)

Postby Sonikku » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:54 am

Anyone use their PSP for watching movies/shows on the go? I hear there are programs that can convert some of the dvd's in my collection to a file on the PC that can then be encoded to a file the psp can read, but I know little else. Do 1.78:1 (16x9) films fill up the full screen of the psp or do they have black bars on all sides?
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:37 pm

Sonikku wrote:Anyone use their PSP for watching movies/shows on the go? I hear there are programs that can convert some of the dvd's in my collection to a file on the PC that can then be encoded to a file the psp can read, but I know little else. Do 1.78:1 (16x9) films fill up the full screen of the psp or do they have black bars on all sides?

I honestly can't watch shows on a screen that small. Has to be a full sized screen for me
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:57 pm

This thing is awesome. Thanks to the Galaxy Tab and Vita no need to get another phone. Just use skype.Gravity Rush & Blazebue have yet to arrive but if anyone wants a game of Blazeblue(first time I will play the series) I really like the 3DS liked I liked DS. However I am a gadget guy and cool to have one that does other things as well. Vita screen is just mind glowingly good. Look I know Nintendo will own the Handheld market til it dies but to me Sony makes amazing hand helds. I'm sure like PSP later on Vita will have a great selection of games. Seems Playstation always had this issues in every system. SO nothing to worry about. Vita has the potential to top PSP as my fave hand held.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby shengoro86 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:25 pm

Vita is cool. Even better with the HBL exploit. I got it running PSP isos.

I still won't pay full price for it as Sony hates people like me.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:27 pm

My PSP is going nowhere. Still love it to death
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:32 pm

Nor is mine. I'll likely use my PSP for years to come. I'm not nearly as interested in the Vita. Not in that gimongous size, not nearly in that price range.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:36 pm

It's not as big as you would think it is. It is more bulky than PSP but barely any bigger. However it's just big enough to no longer be put in a pocket. Then again I got a 3ds xl and it's no pocket device either :P ..it's screen sucks tho. 800x240? Shit looks blurry
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:44 pm

The bigger size is just for starters. Those buttons are TI-NY. Bigger system than the PSP, but smaller buttons? Thanks but no thanks Sony, I think I'll wait for the better priced Re-Re-refresh Vita 3.0 model. That doesn't surprise me about the DS either. You use the same exact resolution on a screen twice as big and bad shit happens. I personally would be more prone to getting one of the discounted pocket sized variants that seems to see a lot of deals and promotions in the face of the XL's launch. If only I had the cash when they made that Zelda 3DS... :sad:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:27 pm

Agree on the buttons. I don;t get the logic of either system.

LETS MAKE EVERYTHING BIGGER...except the buttons let's make those smaller to where you need a special bent paper clip to use them

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:36 pm

The games I am interested in on Vita as of now

Lumines
Gravity Rush
Persona 4
Uncharted GA
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

Also Shinobido 2 looks slightly interesting, as does Sumioni.

Lumines was a staple for me on PSP, and I know I enjoy the new one, Gravity Rush just looks excellent, if I get a Vita soon, I will probably get those 2 games to start out.

Seeing as P4 isnt out yet are Uncharted GA and NG worth getting on Vita? I have never played NG at all and I know the first one is a xbox classic. I remember parts of the uncharted demo being fun but also some of it being annoying, also its not made by naughty dog. Besides the first 2 listed what else do you think I would like on PSVita? I am also some what curious about Disgaea 3 but eh...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Not saying it's bad but Uncharted is a show off of the Vita touch screen forcing to tap the screen a lot. Also it just does not work as well on a hand held. It's meant for a 40'+ screen. The shooting does not feel as accurate due to the touchy analog.

Shinobido 2 I liked what I played but def has control issues.

Gravity Rush so far is great on mission 10 ATM. Combat and camera are weak points. The combat to be blunt is kinda lazy. Not just simple but flat lazy. Sometimes the camera gets in the way. However everything else is fantastic.

I also got Blazblue and like it. First time I played the series but different that other fighting games I am used to.

Now Vita needs KOF
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:44 pm

Im getting Assassins Creed 3 Liberation and Ragnarok Odyseey on tuesday. Super ready for Ragnarok cause its basically just like monster hunter and phantasy star online. That will hold me over until P4U and Phantasy Star Online 2 which comes out Jan-Feb and im going ape shit crazy over right now. PSO2 is out in Japan on PC atm and is fucking brilliant.

Here's some of that Rag.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzDfTLwjzbs[/youtube]
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Yeah, I am not really that interested in Ragnarok Odyssey. I hate to say it, but I dont trust Game Arts anymore, not after Lunar DS and Granida 3.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Bluecast
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming