PSVita (PSP2)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

PSVita (PSP2)

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:45 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Re: NGP new handheld from Sony

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:55 am

Looks much like the old ones but sleeker.
Don't care for touch or gyro but everything else looks great. NO MORE NUB! Analog sticks yay!
Now just have Falcom keep putting ys on it and I'm sold.
Also like DS is uses flash carts. NO DL like that POS go and no more UMD....Awesome.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:00 am

Ryudo wrote:Looks much like the old ones but sleeker.
Don't care for touch or gyro but everything else looks great. NO MORE NUB! Analog sticks yay!
Now just have Falcom keep putting ys on it and I'm sold.
Also like DS is uses flash carts. NO DL like that POS go and no more UMD....Awesome.

Yea, hopefully its not a shit media. Its ps3 quality gaming tho, and Valkyria Chronicles 4 is most likely coming out on this thing. They even ran MGS4 and Yakuza the end on it perfectly.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:07 am

So is this a pocket PS3?
Or a tweener that still leaves 3DS in the dust?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:15 am

Ryudo wrote:So is this a pocket PS3?
Or a tweener that still leaves 3DS in the dust?

Basically a pocket ps3, most of the models from MGS4 were just exported over.

My 3ds preorder ain't goin nowhere, I'm still going to buy that handheld because it looks lawesome in its own right.

Basically we're back at the crossroads we were at before. Sony has a far better piece of tech, but nintendo has first party titles and new ideas. In short, things haven't really changed, you'll likely need to buy both to get the most out of handheld gaming. I can't give up Kid Icarus 3 and Zelda oot , at the same time its hard to say no to handheld Uncharted and whatever Falcom has planned (and we KNOW Falcom has something planned. It makes even more sense that they liscenced the pyre engine)
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:19 am

Yeah tech specs don't bother me.
Even as a tech type guy I would even still love the old GBA as long as the games rock all I care about.
Though I wonder Nintendo's next system they finally abandon the rehashing the cube tech. :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:22 am

Ryudo wrote:Yeah tech specs don't bother me.
Even as a tech type guy I would even still love the old GBA as long as the games rock all I care about.
Though I wonder Nintendo's next system they finally abandon the rehashing the cube tech. :P

lol I doubt it. Still tho with handhelds that ape console its plain to seee we're getting new consoles soon.

Wonder how long before Ys 8 gets announced on pyre engine

http://www.esterior.net/

Looks like Nihon Falcom IS making NGP games
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Panda_rapist » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:47 am

holy shit i cant believe it, they actuallt were not lying when saying it had the power of the ps3
i wonder if someone will be able to mod it to get ps3 games running on it, if companys have done it im pretty sure someone will crack it :-k
anyway i know which handheld im getting \:D/
Panda_rapist

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:51 am

TheGboyKing wrote:holy shit i cant believe it, they actuallt were not lying when saying it had the power of the ps3
i wonder if someone will be able to mod it to get ps3 games running on it, if companys have done it im pretty sure someone will crack it :-k
anyway i know which handheld im getting \:D/

Missed the last handheld gen huh?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:02 am

TheGboyKing wrote:no i got a psp which was shit
and whats that even got to do with anything?

The PSP was a much better piece of hardware over the DS, it launch at a higher price a few months after. It also saw a ton of remakes early on, with newer content rolling in from Japan but not being brought west until late in its life. It also suffered from a shorter battery life and an odd format. The DS which was backwards compatible, sported a lower price point and very easy development.

I bother to mention it because the situation is very similar.

The 3DS is very easy to develop for, and much cheaper. Porting ps3 utilities may be easy, ps3 development is still very expensive, and the components the NGP is sporting are very expensive, its also launching this holiday, a whole 6-8 months after the 3DS. The difference in power is again comparable to PSP vs DS.

If you thought the PSP was crap, you may want to wait before you commit to buying one or the other.

Personally, I'm grabbing both, the 1st party goodness of nintendo mixed with the exclusives they always seem to score(Megaman legend 3) aren't easily given up, however the NGP will likely get a glut of Falcom games including a new Legend of Heroes and Ys, as well as Valkyria chronicles 4 and maybe even a few new titles
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:05 am

Ys on PSP and everything else on 3ds. I want both.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:10 am

TheGboyKing wrote:nah my mind is set, the yakuza serie's are bound to get more psp titles and theres allready uncharted and killzone that seem all right, also im not talking about officialy porting ps3 titles to it

I think we'll see a Yakuza or 2 on NGP, not sure if they'll forsake ps3 for it. I hope Uncharted and Killzone aren't ports. Hmmmababa maybe a Sully sidestory where he pawns off a gold coin on Pablo Escobar?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:24 am

Gboy wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
TheGboyKing wrote:nah my mind is set, the yakuza serie's are bound to get more psp titles and theres allready uncharted and killzone that seem all right, also im not talking about officialy porting ps3 titles to it

I think we'll see a Yakuza or 2 on NGP, not sure if they'll forsake ps3 for it. I hope Uncharted and Killzone aren't ports. Hmmmababa maybe a Sully sidestory where he pawns off a gold coin on Pablo Escobar?

havnt played the previous uncharted so i dont know what your talking about :lol:
i think your missing my point, i mean someone moding it to read emulate ps3 titles
one thing that would be interesting is that if when titles came out on ngc and ps3 if you could transfer your saves :-k

Oh you mean like jailbreaking it, yea, that was the first thing people started talking about as soon as kojima said the models were exported. I can see people modding it pretty quickly.

that would be cool, playing nier on the go and not having to start over, or better yet borderlands in a cafe with my crazy awesome hunter.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Panda_rapist » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:29 am

yeah thats one of the main reasons im gonna buy it, but with the amount of time it took them to crack the ps3 it may take a while before this is possible :-k
Panda_rapist

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:31 am

Gboy wrote:yeah thats one of the main reasons im gonna buy it, but with the amount of time it took them to crack the ps3 it may take a while before this is possible :-k

Yea, although I think they'll try harder since this has so much you can do with it. We'll also have to see if sony puts out another challenge like they did last time
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Next

Return to General Gaming