YuSuzuki, creator of Shenmue @GDC "Updated"

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki & Shenmue at GDC, "UPDATED"

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:09 pm

ALiMN, if you come to Japan lets get coffee and raid Sega headquarters ;-)
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Halleluwah » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:55 pm

As positive as the news is - portions of this thread are seriously disturbing.
Halleluwah
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby cApNhOwDy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:48 pm

Halleluwah wrote:As positive as the news is - portions of this thread are seriously disturbing.

Welcome to The Dojo.

From what I remember of this place... nothing new :twisted:
cApNhOwDy
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:10 pm

cApNhOwDy wrote:
Halleluwah wrote:As positive as the news is - portions of this thread are seriously disturbing.

Welcome to The Dojo.

:lol: That welcome is 6 years late.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby cApNhOwDy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:29 am

Ryudo wrote:
cApNhOwDy wrote:

Welcome to The Dojo.

:lol: That welcome is 6 years late.

I know, and this guy's just now figuring this stuff out, crazy.
cApNhOwDy
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Yu Suzuki at GDC, "TOPIC UPDATED"

Postby Rotchakokoff » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Kiyuu wrote:
alimn wrote:OH MY GOD!
I MET YU SUZUKI TONIGHT!

Congratulations! =D>
Your dream has finally come true, eh? Good for you! ;-)

thaaanks!
Rotchakokoff
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby MercurousSnake » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:14 pm

Riku Rose wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmNb6xvOU2s[/youtube]

LMAO omg wow that made my night xD :rotflmao: awesome updates and pics btw alimn! great stuff!!!
MercurousSnake

PSN: MercurousSnake
Currently playing: Shenmue

Re: UPDATE JUNE 2013 "Yu Suzuki & Shenmue at GDC"

Postby alimn » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:07 am

Latest UPDATE: JUNE 2013 (This happened in March)

I actually met with Yu Suzuki again but this time @GDC 2013. (about 2 months ago)

And here are two pictures we got together :D

Pic 2

http://t.co/hZbRUWytGv

Pic 1

http://t.co/hZbRUWytGv

GDC 2013 is the same event as he met with Marc Cerny (perhaps, later on in the afternoon cuz we met at noon),

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Cerny

For those who don't know (I know you know): Marc Cerny is lead architect of the Sony PlayStation 4 & the one who interviewd Yu back in GDC11 and he's a genius as well.

How we met?

I was doing my visit @GDC and had NO IDEA that Yu Suzuki might come to GDC 13,
so I was wondering around that I suddenly saw a familiar face @ a booth (he was almost invisible) xD
I waited for him to finish his visit while asking from the lady @the next booth to PLEASE GET READY TO TAKE OUR PIC!
She was like, who's he? I was like he's a GOD of gaming! (later after he left and She found out who was he, she said

"Oh, I love Virtua Cop" xD

She said Ok!, so Yu suddenly saw me xD AND remembered me from GDC11,

I was like Hello Suzuki san, I am Ali, long time no see!
He said, Oh! Hi, yes long time no see!

Sorry guys, can't remember the exact every line of our short conversation but anyhow:

I was like WOW! we didn't know you coming this year (especially after his GDC12 absence).
I was shocked to be able to find him accidentally between so many people!
I immediately asked him can we have a picture :)

So, that lady at the next booth took our picture and then I talked to Yu,

Like how are you doing?, when did you arrive?
He was I arrived just now in the city and I'm hungry xD
I'm glad that I met you again, we look forward your new games...we will be waiting.
(I think I mentioned that I still have his biz card from back in GDC11 too but I am sure he remembers)

Anyways, I told him once again, it was very nice to see him, and wish him good luck.

So I let him go to rest and eat *however he continued visiting the expo" :D

Funny how,

later on within half an hour I bumped into Hideo Kojima as well (AGAIN just like GDC11),
this was like a repeat of history! xD

However, I spotted Kojima when he came out from back of his GDC booth suddenly xD and while he was running for a sec, he went eye to eye with me, LMFAO xD I know he's even busier that Yu with all that MGS V, Fox Engine & etc flying around, so I didn't even bother to get any close to him till next time.

Well, after all , GDC is a biz event, not a fan event.

The day after, I saw Yu Suzuki and Cerny's pictures in media,
so I decided to do not post my meeting with him here, until I back to Dojo again cuz I knew you know he's been @GDC13.

My personal thoughts on the current Yu Suzuki and Shenmue's feature

All I know is Yu Suzuki is back, and making games, he just released his latest game on iTunes & Google App store (if you check his growing studio's web page http://www.ysnet-inc.jp/ you can find it and don't forget to get his game somehow and give it a high rank 5/5), here's also a video of the game I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43K6bd7tutQ

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/id574368185
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... zoku_10237

But the question is now burning even more:

Has he have made any progress with Marc Cerny or someone from Nintendo or even MS for teaming up with SEGA to finally bring us a Complete Shenmue Experience on PS4 or any other console?

A deal between SEGA and Sony/MS/Nintendo must happen if SEGA doesn't want to tackle this single handed.

I believe SEGA can still pull it off,

They have Team Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza) headed by Nagoshi (he was so close to Suzuki back in AM2) along the current SEGA-AM2 (VF, Miku, Ghost Squad, etc...) plus Yu is still an adviser to SEGA,

So he can remain a key role to next Shenmue...

Let's say now that E3 has come and is gone, it's about time for SEGA to decide what console and when, from now on it's gonna be interesting, and I am sure the Shenmue nation won't stop posting on SEGA's social media until they finally do it. :)

My advice to SEGA is:

Don't wait anymore, get that next gen AM2 or Yakuza engine running along team Yakuza making assets and even re-using assets from Yakuza series along whatever is left from Shenmue III Dreamcast (I am sure, there's a none finished Shenmue 3 DC some where, if not what is Niao Sun video?) plus Yu Suzuki and YS NET can supervise along bringing their social media tools (from Shenmue City) to a Shenmue Complete exprience.

GIVE US SHENMUE BACK BY HANDS OF SUZUKI, we will do our best to support Shenmue "TRUST US"

We can make lots of fan art, videos, musics, even fan-made games or write and spread the word about Shenmue more!

GO FOR IT SEGA

"Just make sure, you'll release it on a console that people will actually BUY" and gonna last 5+ years for sure.

Peace,
Alimn

Edit:

I just added some more stuff to this post along adding everything I posted here to the first post of the topic.

I will keep updating the first one and this one if I remember or want to add anything else.

Here's also another mini update that I added to first post (A master link to my edited/named pics from GDC11 & 13)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3 ... 0831A1!208

alimn has received 5 thanks from: AM2, Giorgio, Latin King, Let's Get Sweaty, Ziming
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Re: YuSuzuki, creator of Shenmue @GDC "Updated"

Postby AM2 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:18 pm

Cool story! About the Ryu ga gotoku team and especially engine, I still to this day think the DC Shenmue engine is more advanced than Yakuza's engine, because you can interact with anything/anyone, smarter anti-collision system, smarter battle- system just to name a few. In other words the Yakuza engine would do Shenmue 3 no justice. Oh yeah also, let's not forget how much subtitles they put into Yakuza not backed by voice acting.

AM2 has received a thanks from: alimn
AM2
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Life

Postby alimn » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:41 am

But Yakuza 5 used a newer version than previous ones, plus hopefully AM2 is developing their next tools for VF6 & such, I just hope whatever they going to use can handle this insane next gen open worlds. :)
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Hazuk-Ku » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:51 am

That's awesome bro. I met Frank from Sega at PAX East 2012. He did some localization work on Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown. If I met Yu Suzuki I probably would've frozen. It'd be like seeing a ghost.
Hazuk-Ku
Banned
Banned

PSN: snakeeyez59
Currently playing: Virtua Fighter 5 Final Sh

Previous

Return to Shenmue III