dev comment of the day topic

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: dev comment of the day topic

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Sdatcher.....
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:37 pm

Leave Policenauts and Snatcher the fuck alone. Reassemble Team Silent.

Why is it so hard for all these JPN VG companies to do the right thing?
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:25 pm

Snatcher doesn't need a remake, it needs a sequel.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Or just a straight, unaltered port. Hard enough to get hold of the damn game as it is.
Give me a Vita compilation with that and Policenauts -- also an unaltered port -- and I'll be a happy camper.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:35 pm

OL wrote: Or just a straight, unaltered port.

I'd prefer a gay port, really. Think about all the vivacious color possibilities coming with modern hardware.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Surprised no-one else is thinking it's about damn time Kojima does something other than Metal Gear. I've long since been bored of it all..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: Surprised no-one else is thinking it's about damn time Kojima does something other than Metal Gear. I've long since been bored of it all..

We've been saying that for years now, but what we have in mind is something entirely new... not jumping into remakes of his old games or making Silent Hills (of all fucking things, he's probably the last guy for that one, lol).
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:03 pm

I am past that.

I'm thinking it's about damn time he retires.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Dorian wrote:
Crimson Ryan wrote: Surprised no-one else is thinking it's about damn time Kojima does something other than Metal Gear. I've long since been bored of it all..

We've been saying that for years now, but what we have in mind is something entirely new... not jumping into remakes of his old games or making Silent Hills (of all fucking things, he's probably the last guy for that one, lol).

Snatcher and Policenauts for me outweigh every Metal Gear bar MGS on PS1.

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby ys » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:OL enjoys the more stylistic and aesthetic aspect of the games. He gets into games like Blood Will Tell and Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams and Enslaved. These games are all great but all very shallow. Its not to say OL dosen't recognize depth, it just seems like its not a priority to him. I think if I handed him Ninja Gaiden Black and Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams he's take Onimusha and call it a day. He's the kind of player you need to capture with aesthetics and accessibility, once you've got them you can introduce them to the depth by offering rewards specifically for higher difficulties.

Blood Will Tell, it's been ages since I saw someone mention that game. Or mention it at all :P Now I feel like replaying the game. I liked the odd atmosphere and story. And trying to get insane chain combos later on. By the way, why do you think these games are shallow? You mean purely gameplay wise like number of different attacks etc.? I'm not questioning, just wondering about your thought process. I assume I'm that category too for action games. Although I love VF when it comes to fighting.

Bayonetta. They learned something. Hm, ok. But did they think of the fact that this sounds strange to us customers? They made money on a subpar product in other words but lucky for them they learnt some things.

And Kojma...I don't know. I don't even own MGS4 while it was that game and The Last Guardian that got me interested in buying a PS3 first of all (ironically). I started taking him less serious after MGS3 when he once again said that he didn't want to continue working on the series but would anyway. And I'm also afraid that remakes would ruin the original feel by making the games more "up to date".

Dorian wrote:[color=#F1176E]We've been saying that for years now, but what we have in mind is something entirely new... not jumping into remakes of his old games or making Silent Hills (of all fucking things, he's probably the last guy for that one, lol).

Don't you want to see a cyborg ninja Pyramid head with DOUBLE swords controlled by the Patriots while he's also a secret agent for Big Boss who isn't actually dead but shaved his beard and goes undercover as James Sunderland? At the same time the hospital nurses are different cores of the hospital that is actually an AI trying to control the world through the medium of videogames. In the end it is revealed that Big Boss IS actually James but the beard took control of his mind and made him believe he was a soldier.
PS James and Pyramid head get married in the end.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:14 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Dorian wrote:

Snatcher and Policenauts for me outweigh every Metal Gear bar MGS on PS1.

Yeah! Dude was on a roll back in those days. Then again, so was Team Silent during the PS2 era and then they died. Konami! All I want from Kojima Productions now is another Metal Gear AC!D. :sad:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Thief » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:26 pm

I thought Snatcher and Policenauts were entertaining enough but I can't see myself ever playing them again. They get pretty bad when you have to listen to Kojima explain the plot to you at the end of each one... and the game play is pretty much sifting through menus and the occasional gun sequence (or bomb defusing sequence...). Honestly, I'd much rather watch Blade Runner or Lethal Weapon...

Metal Gear still has great gameplay underneath the story. When I replay the metal gear games I usually skip all the dialogue. Especially at the end of MGS2 (shut up Solidus... geez).
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:00 pm

LAMEWAD wrote: I thought Snatcher and Policenauts were entertaining enough but I can't see myself ever playing them again. They get pretty bad when you have to listen to Kojima explain the plot to you at the end of each one... and the game play is pretty much sifting through menus and the occasional gun sequence (or bomb defusing sequence...). Honestly, I'd much rather watch Blade Runner or Lethal Weapon...

Metal Gear still has great gameplay underneath the story. When I replay the metal gear games I usually skip all the dialogue. Especially at the end of MGS2 (shut up Solidus... geez).

I thanked you at first, but then I saw you're trashing Solidus so no thank you for you!

ys wrote:Don't you want to see a cyborg ninja Pyramid head with DOUBLE swords controlled by the Patriots while he's also a secret agent for Big Boss who isn't actually dead but shaved his beard and goes undercover as James Sunderland? At the same time the hospital nurses are different cores of the hospital that is actually an AI trying to control the world through the medium of videogames. In the end it is revealed that Big Boss IS actually James but the beard took control of his mind and made him believe he was a soldier.
PS James and Pyramid head get married in the end.

Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Thief » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:03 pm

Haha, it's not so much Solidus (who I think is a really cool character, maybe even my favorite Metal Gear Character) but that whole scene on the rooftop. It drags on way too long, especially with the codec call.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:05 pm

LAMEWAD wrote: Haha, it's not so much Solidus (who I think is a really cool character, maybe even my favorite Metal Gear Character) but that whole scene on the rooftop. It drags on way too long, especially with the codec call.

It didn't bother me at all. Plus, you can skip most of that.

As for those remakes... Yeah, right.

Policenauts and Snatcher are great because of having 90s in their 'gaming DNA'. Remaking them would lead to 'finding better resonance with modern audience', which translates to killing the fucking things.

When I listen to the Kojima of today, I'm scared. He's this perverted old fart that tries to keep in touch with modern kids. Actually, I'd call him a gaming paedophile of sorts.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming