dev comment of the day topic

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: dev comment of the day topic

Postby ys » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:34 am

Dorian wrote:
ys wrote:Don't you want to see a cyborg ninja Pyramid head with DOUBLE swords controlled by the Patriots while he's also a secret agent for Big Boss who isn't actually dead but shaved his beard and goes undercover as James Sunderland? At the same time the hospital nurses are different cores of the hospital that is actually an AI trying to control the world through the medium of videogames. In the end it is revealed that Big Boss IS actually James but the beard took control of his mind and made him believe he was a soldier.
PS James and Pyramid head get married in the end.

I hadn't seen that drawing before but it doesn't surprise me that someone had to draw it.

About Kojima, why perverted or a gaming pedophile as you call him (what an expression!)? I didn't notice anything specific. I'm not sure if that says something about me for that matter, hm :-k
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:48 am

Don't like the new Splinter Cell? Its because you are simply uninformed :roll:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... uninformed
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Dorian » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:18 am

ys wrote:About Kojima, why perverted or a gaming pedophile as you call him (what an expression!)? I didn't notice anything specific. I'm not sure if that says something about me for that matter, hm :-k

Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:30 am

What would Dorian call me if I ever got famous. I'm a way bigger pervert.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Dorian » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:55 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: What would Dorian call me if I ever got famous. I'm a way bigger pervert.

This is awkward...

Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:25 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:Don't like the new Splinter Cell? Its because you are simply uninformed :roll:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... uninformed

Ugh. Yeah, not a big fan of how the new Splinter Cell is looking, at all (and this is coming from somebody who liked Conviction). I'm so sick and tired of those desert Middle Eastern settings in games.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:23 pm

http://360.mmgn.com/Articles/losing-pla ... cern-27765

Microsoft says "Exclusives?!...We dunt need no stinkin exclusives..go way!"
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Dorian » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:56 pm

What I love about David Jaffe is that he'll answer questions and damn the consequences. He was asked by one gamer how he'd fix Resident Evil 6, the polarizing action game that's received a famous critical mauling. He shared his view in no uncertain terms.

"CHOP THE DEVELOPMENT BUDGET," he said on Twitter. "Give a small, hungry, visionary team 3-5 million bucks, make a 2-3 hour digital only game and put the money into paying for a creative way to reinvent the genre. Hell, if I was not doing what I was doing now you can BET I'd be out on Kickstarter trying to raise 400-700K for my take on a super low budget horror game with the goal of making the SCARIEST game of all time!"

He had an alternative idea, too. Let it not be said that Jaffe won't cover all the bases ...

"If you are going to compete with the big boys then fucking show up and play serious. Get a AAAAA developer or build one, spend the money, and call it a day.

"Both would work, but I'd choose a :)."

He's a moron after all.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:58 pm

IMO none of his games are even that good. Real douchebag as well.

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Dorian
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:14 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2013/02/08/wii-u-ver ... s-3398942/

Rayman Legend’s delay seems to have come as a surprise to the game’s makers as much as everyone else, as a furious developer rages against the decision.

‘If you’re p*****, imagine how we feel,’ wrote an ex-Ubisoft developer using the alias Zeta69 on Spanish forum EOL, as translated by NeoGAF. ‘Think on the situation, we’ve been making overtime with this game practically since May preparing E3, and then almost a demo per month (Gamescom, Wii U presentation, shops, eShop, etc…) and at the same time trying to actually finish the game.

We had a first delay because it was obvious we couldn’t finish on time but we gave it all to be there on February. What face do you think we had when the week we had to close the game we’re being told it’s not going to be released? I couldn’t believe it.

‘For us, this means we’ve spent six months barely seeing our wives, kids, and friends for nothing because, after all, such a haste wasn’t needed. Believe it, it was a hell to swallow this news.’

Zeta69 apparently quit Ubisoft’s Montpellier studio at the end of last month, but has been posting on EOL for years and there seems little question of his authenticity.

‘Rayman Legends is an excellent game and will still be, and the team that’s making it doesn’t deserve to have your back turned on them just because some men in ties one day took a wrong choice,’ he insisted.

‘This industry is really that s*****.’

Ubisoft yesterday announced that Rayman Legends would be released on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 as well as the Wii U, something that had always been hinted at. However, the Wii U version was due to be released on March 1, but despite now being completely finished has been delayed until September along with the other two versions.

The inference is that Ubisoft doesn’t think it will sell enough on the Wii U alone and wants to get the best value possible out of a combined marketing campaign.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:21 pm

For me it's good news. I want to get it on 360. That said this was really a kick to the face of Wii U owners. Not for going multi plat but it's not even a timed exclusive now. Despite the game built ground up for Wii U and is ready to ship now. They make Wii U owners wait til after the 360/PS3 owners get it? Makes no sense.

Still I am just happy I can play it on a console I already own
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Makes sense to release all versions all at once. That way they can focus on one launch rather then two and the hype for the second one will be almost dead since it will be seen as an old game. I don't remember Bioshock doing great on PS3 about a year after it came out on 360.

Then again Ubisoft should have let the people actually making the game know a bit sooner as it sounds like they was left in the dark until the last second.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Or they could have just not said anything, made some money on the WiiU version then had the PS3/360 versions in their back pocket. Instead of pissing off everyone that has a WiiU basically guaranteeing almost no one will buy it on that platform then releasing it around the same time as GTA V.

Show of hands, is anyone going to spend 60$ on Rayman if it comes out the same day as GTAV?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:45 pm

I don't like GTA but not spending 60$ on a platformer either despite my most wanted games. 30$ yes.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:49 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Or they could have just not said anything, made some money on the WiiU version then had the PS3/360 versions in their back pocket. Instead of pissing off everyone that has a WiiU basically guaranteeing almost no one will buy it on that platform then releasing it around the same time as GTA V.

Show of hands, is anyone going to spend 60$ on Rayman if it comes out the same day as GTAV?

No one would give a fuck about the 360 and PS3 version if it came out more then a month after the Wii U version.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming