RPG's thoughts/news doesn't fit elsewhere

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: RPG's( NOT Falcom,Square,Bethesda,Bioware)

Postby Bluecast » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:53 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:yeah see im not even sure where exactly in valak mountain they spawn at so...

Sadly it's random. All those items are.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bluecast » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:36 am

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:44 pm

August 14th is ship date, said so on Facebook (for TLS that is). Cant wait. NOW if I can only get through Xenoblade, and I spent another hour today trying to find that item, nope. ](*,) i really am gonna want to start smashing my head into the wall here soon =D

edit- THE DEED IS DONE. Finally everything is level 3 for Colony 6. Getting everything for level 4 is really gonna be a chore, I have none of those items what so ever... great.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Another random comment about Xenoblade that I just found to be pretty crazy. So I am picking up items for a quest in satoral marsh, and notice a glowing yellow stream of light like those around the chests after you kill an enemy. Turns out I missed a chest after I killed and enemy the fell off a cliff nearby, but the chest is still fucking there laying on the ground below, and that was hours ago. It just blows my mind that its still there, you would think most games would discard that kind of info from the save data and just let it go, I mean the box only had some stupid small bullshit item. But its these small little details that make this game stick out, the attention to small details never ceases to amaze with this one.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Shin Megami Tensei IV screens leaked from Soul Hackers exclusive trailer.

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: OL, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby mue 26 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Hard to take very much from that, but I pray that it's reminiscent of Nocturne (Lucifer's Call). If I had to choose my favorite SMT game, it would probably be Nocturne. Kind of shame they couldn't do this on a proper console though. I guess no other SMT game has the pulling power of Persona.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:29 am

Actually, seeing that is pretty cool. I wasn't sure if it would be following the Strange Journey route and doing a grid-based first-person setup like the old games, or if it would be third-person like Nocturne. I think it's safe to say it's the latter now.
I also have to guess that the white lines on the ground indicate a crosswalk on the street, which automatically make me excited for more post-apocalyptic city environments.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:16 am

So after 130 hours into Xenoblade, I am finally at a point where the game is actually challenging. I arrived at agnithia and these monsters are no joke. I am level 68 and everything in the area is level 62-70 range, and its tough because most of them aggro if they see me, i have died more here than the entire game and all I am doing right now is just trying to unlock the map O_O. Luckily im leveling up fast and I dont know why my party is acting so strangely, a couple battles my other characters ran off into the distance to fight monsters yards and yards away. and the monsters have been aggroing strangely as well its like they just pop up out of no where sometimes and join the battle. Also there are a few patrol monsters that are flying around and aggro at random, you cant sit in one spot in this area or you are going to get attacked. I guess its a bit of fresh air considering the game has been pretty easy up until now, but it seems kind of unbalanced at the same time since i am alot closer to the end now.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:35 am

^They are not challenging if you level up to at least 72. Shocking that you're on 68 after 130 hours. If you're trying to make a challenge run on a low level, then you should know that's not really a challenge because all it takes for you to beat the game underleveled is to use quick chars and pack them with agility gems. It also helps tu use Melia's elemental buff for agility. The game has a level-based algorithm for calculating the chances of hitting the enemy. That's why it seems so hard when fighting with enemies of higher level - you will just keep missing them if you're not buffed on agility.

After getting everything in Xenoblade, I can attest that there's nothing hard about this game. The special bosses are pushovers as well. I even took one of them underleveled for the heck of it.
Last edited by Dorian on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:37 am

Rebuilding Colony 6 is challenging.

Also really liking Lost Odyssey. Mistwalker no doubt Squaresoft 2. Still prefer TLS over all the games they made so far that I played.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Thief » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:47 am

My favorite parts of Lost Odyssey were the short stories/dreams that you could unlock, they were surprisingly good.

That and the map theme, of course.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=135Gltfkxeo[/youtube]

Thief has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Dorian
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Dorian » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:56 am

LAMEWAD wrote: My favorite parts of Lost Odyssey were the short stories/dreams that you could unlock, they were surprisingly good.

I couldn't agree more. The dreams are great, easily the most entertaining part of the game for me (which is sad in a way since they are just text with dynamic backgrounds, lol). I also loved that map theme. It's definitely one of the best tracks Uematsu made for LO.
Last edited by Dorian on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:58 am

LAMEWAD wrote: My favorite parts of Lost Odyssey were the short stories/dreams that you could unlock, they were surprisingly good.

Yeah posted it in the Music topic at G2G. It's what stands out to me most in the game. It's become on of my fave tracks of his
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:57 am

I need to restart that game. I think i messed it up around the half way point of disc 3.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Dorian wrote: ^They are not challenging if you level up to at least 72. Shocking that you're on 68 after 130 hours. If you're trying to make a challenge run on a low level, then you should know that's not really a challenge because all it takes for you to beat the game underleveled is to use quick chars and pack them with agility gems. It also helps tu use Melia's elemental buff for agility. The game has a level-based algorithm for calculating the chances of hitting the enemy. That's why it seems so hard when fighting with enemies of higher level - you will just keep missing them if you're not buffed on agility.

After getting everything in Xenoblade, I can attest that there's nothing hard about this game. The special bosses are pushovers as well. I even took one of them underleveled for the heck of it.

Yeah, I dont use much strategy in xenoblade, also I havent ventured outside of my staple party of Shulk Reyn and Sharla, havent used much of the other characters. I am sure there are a few things I could be doing to make it easier on myself, but I havent really experimented with what all the gems do and i have mainly stuck the ones I like the most, HP, defense, strength a few others. Although it is staggering the amount of atribute categories you can upgrade with gems. I got pissed yesterday that I died on a unique monster that was for a quest when I literally couldnt see its life bar at all, but it wasnt quite dead yet and then it killed me, after 3 different tries I gave up and said ill come back in few levels in which I know I will slaughter him easily cause thats just how the game has worked so far.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming