Wii U

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Wii U

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:29 am

Henry Spencer wrote:^Segata post incoming!

he's on holiday, but I noticed white lotus bitches a lot, is there anything you enjoy nowadays lotus?

south carmain has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby QWERTY » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:06 pm

south carmain wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote:^Segata post incoming!

he's on holiday, but I noticed white lotus bitches a lot, is there anything you enjoy nowadays lotus?

He was previously known as Child of Dust/Clever Sleazoid/aQwAbLaZ3/"Didnt You Leave?"

He has a habit of whinging and moaning.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:04 am

Zelda in 2014 and N's most expensive game to date?

http://www.edge-online.com/news/wii-u-z ... rce-claims
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:57 am

Clever Sleazoid is a nice handle.

ThyDarkAngel has received a thanks from: OL
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:49 pm

3 skus?

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7 ... -november/

More Wii U release date and price rumors have sprung up in place of concrete details from Nintendo. This time the rumors come from Video Product Distributors, which take care of wholesale distribution for Amazon.com. They posted a Wii U listing with a release date of November 11, 2012 and the price of $250.

Three Wii U models are listed on the VPD's site, which cannot be accessed without a login. Thanks to a YouTuber, we may have just seen a glimpse of the listing. The three models include the base model for $250, and two other models for $300 and $350. This seems odd considering both the GameCube and the Wii launched with only one model.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Eh let em bitch.

Looking over the stats since i got back in, disappointed in the CPU, its disheartening that Nintendo decided to go so GPU heavy, although with a good amount of good RAM it'll be running stuff like Watch Dogs with all the trimmings.

I'm going to buy the system regardless but its alittle sad to see everyone going down this GPU heavy road, the tablet controller has to be the thing that makes it different from PC gaming, and they need companies on board making solid exclusive stuff otherwise it'll just end up feeding the PC market.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:23 pm

It will be the Dreamcast this next gen to Gamecube & Xbox maybe. Also Evergreen series is a great chip. PS4/360 may have 2-3X what Wii U has to offer but I love and I mean love last gens and this gens visuals as much as I love 16 bit sprites.
I know little of what specs mean but Wii U has supposedly 32MB of EDdram or something where 360 has 10. What that means I have no idea but Wii U will be maybe 2-2.5X what we have now. You look at Halo 4,Yakuza 5 & Metal Gear Zeroes and imagine 2X that. Not bad I'd say.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:30 pm

In terms of GPU and RAM the Wiiu creams the current gen, not only in size but in make, but the limited CPU cores could affect games overall. i think for the first part of Wiius life, and possibly for the entire run it might have some issues with stuff like particles. Even though the GPU can handle offloading them, they might not be able to get to the GPU fast enough (though with such a huge amount of RAM with some clever loading and proper use of the OOE processing it's possible but we all know most developers don't like getting creative)
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:42 pm

I know I sound like a total ignorant fool here but hearing the core has like 16 threads per core. Or maybe it was 4. ..wait hold on a sec....

http://wiiudaily.com/wii-u-system-specs/
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Didn't see the number of threads but its not like Xenon is a powerhouse and that gets plenty of current gen games and between it and ps3 still gets the majority of definitive titles.

Like I said, I'm to a point where even as a developer raw power means little to me. I went years playing the POS ps2 that coulden't scratch the horsepower of the gamecube and Xbox, and then played the hell out of my wii which didn't even support resolutions higher then EDTV so when it comes down to it, if its the best machine on the market, or the worst, if it has games I can't get on PC, I'll play it.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Yeah always games first. Why I have 35 games for Wii :P I think 40 for PS2...and growing.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:59 am

Bethesda not sure on supporting it yet

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/07/ ... d-by-wii-u
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:10 pm

Not really bothered when I have Mistwalker & Monolith supporting it. They can do Epic as well with less bugs. Not that I hate Bethseda or anything but I still don't get why they are considered elite. Maybe the older ES games on PC were fantastic. I enjoyed Fallout 3.Yet ever since 3D console they can't seem to stop fucking up with more game breaking bugs than most have seen in their entire life. Hell I plan to get Skyrim and plan to enjoy it. I even warmed up to Morrowind. Just that I won't miss them when Wii U will have two developers that can still do huge epic worlds with little to no bugs.

Oh and 360 started with Zero install base yet Oblivion. Nice contradicting yourself there.
:lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:30 am

A not very detailed ''report'' on possible final specs and of course it starts with the good old anonymous source ;-)

An anonymous source just sent us the final specs from Nintendo’s latest machine: Wii U. This info is only available to developers through nintendo’s developers site (www.warioworld.com).

This info complements our first article about Wii U’s specs.

CPU:

“Espresso” CPU on the Wii U has three enhanced Broadway cores

GPU:

“GPU7” AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU. Unique API = GX2, which supports Shader Model 4.0 (DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3 equivalent functionality)

Memory:

Mem1 = 32MB Mem2 = 1GB (that applications can use)

Storage:

Internal 8 GB with support for SD Cards (SD Cards up to 2GB/ SDHC Cards up to 32GB) and External USB Connected Hard Drives

Networking:

802.11 b/g/n Wifi

Video Output:

Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i

Video Cables Supported:

Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.

USB:

Four USB 2.0 Ports

http://www.vgleaks.com/world-exclusive- ... nal-specs/
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Pretty much what I posted before. it looks fine and with blu ray based discs space won't be an issue either. Not that I know much about specs but personally kinda wanted to see 2gb of ram. May not matter anyway and sure Sony MS will have double or triple this. That's ok this looks nice.
I do like you can use your own external HDD combined with a 32GB SD hard added to the 8gb. So you pretty much have an unlimited amount possibility.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming