Wii U

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Wii U

Postby Tuffty » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:09 pm

The Bayonetta 2 reveal has me equally giddy with excitement as well as disappointed. I don't see enough on the Wii U at this moment in time to convince me to buy it at launch, and even then I don't think it's justifiable to buy a console for one game.

But then I should be glad and excited that it's coming at all. People forget that Bayonetta 2 was cancelled and SEGA didn't seem to want anything to do with it despite it being Platinum's highest selling game thus far. So I'm hugely excited it's coming and am also incredibly thankful for Nintendo in having faith in it. While I wish it wasn't a platform exclusive, I definately will play it at some point, because IMO, Bayonetta is not only the best game of it's type, but one of the best games this generation.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:14 pm

I think we know what new character will be in SSB now. So Nintendo is publishing this I wonder of they will buy the IP like they did with Fatal Frame
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Spokane » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:14 pm

nzk0 wrote: Man, I wonder what it'll retail for in Mexico, new consoles are always super expensive here ... :(

Ridiculous taxes? High importation fees?
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:30 pm

Tuffty wrote: The Bayonetta 2 reveal has me equally giddy with excitement as well as disappointed. I don't see enough on the Wii U at this moment in time to convince me to buy it at launch, and even then I don't think it's justifiable to buy a console for one game.

But then I should be glad and excited that it's coming at all. People forget that Bayonetta 2 was cancelled and SEGA didn't seem to want anything to do with it despite it being Platinum's highest selling game thus far. So I'm hugely excited it's coming and am also incredibly thankful for Nintendo in having faith in it. While I wish it wasn't a platform exclusive, I definately will play it at some point, because IMO, Bayonetta is not only the best game of it's type, but one of the best games this generation.

Did you play the 360(real) version?

Well think back to what prompted you to buy the 360 and/or PS3.

I'm going to be honest, it usually is just one game that gets me. I didn't care much about the 360 till dead Rising came out, then I HAD to get one. With the PS3 it was Metal Gear Solid 4, I went through 2 broken PS3s in the span of a month to make sure I had a working one to play it. I bought the Wii because at E3 they hinted at a Fire Emblem.

so far it has 7 exclusive games I really want (Mario wiiu, zombiu, game and wario, rayman legends,101, Bayonetta and Pikmin) and better versions of a lot of games either coming out, or that I don't own. Actually like I mentioned, i'm overwhelmed i don't know which games to get.

oh yea theres also going to be a wiiu version of HnK: Ken's Rage 2 YOU WA SHOCK!
Last edited by Segata Sanshiro Jr. on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Rayman Legends,Pikmin 3,Darksiders II,The Wonderful 101 for me.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:40 pm

Bluecast wrote: Rayman Legends,Pikmin 3,Darksiders II,The Wonderful 101 for me.

looking at day of me and my roommate are going to each buy a console and 3 games. So I've got to pick well. He hates Fighting games and open world games.

and I'm Pretty set on Ninja Gaiden so I've got two more slots.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:42 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Did you play the 360(real) version?

Hell yeh. :D Fuck you know what? I'm gonna start all over again tonight. I still haven't beaten the Angel Slayer challenge either...

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Well think back to what prompted you to buy the 360 and/or PS3.

In fairness, I always come to new consoles late. I think when I got the 360 I had FIFA 08, Project Gotham Racing 4, Splinter Cell Double Agent and Oblivion. It's not just one game for me, I need to know that there's already a handful of games I'd like to have out at the time and what to expect to come out for it in the near future. I dunno, not really digging it with the Wii U launch at the moment.
Last edited by Tuffty on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tuffty has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:42 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
Bluecast wrote: Rayman Legends,Pikmin 3,Darksiders II,The Wonderful 101 for me.

looking at day of me and my roommate are going to each buy a console and 3 games. So I've got to pick well. He hates Fighting games and open world games.

and I'm Pretty set on Ninja Gaiden so I've got two more slots.

You have to get Darksiders II and you know it :P DSIII depends on it
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Tuffty wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Did you play the 360(real) version?

Hell yeh. :D Fuck you know what? I'm gonna start all over again tonight. I still haven't beaten the Angel Slayer challenge either...

I think I'll install it and give it a run tonight.

Tuffty wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Well think back to what prompted you to buy the 360 and/or PS3.

In fairness, I always come to new consoles late. I think when I got the 360 I had FIFA 08, Project Gotham Racing 4, Splinter Cell Double Agent and Oblivion. It's not just one game for me, I need to know that there's already a handful of games I'd like to have out at the time and what to expect to come out for it in the near future. I dunno, not really digging it with the Wii U launch at the moment.

Again being fair, only 1 of those is exclusive. Its early yet and if you don't see anything that appeals to you, then thats that but if you see a few more exclusives and old games you wanted that came out multiplat (Double agent was on gamecube and ps2) then keep an open mind. stuff like HnK2 are way off, so it might be worth it by then.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Monolith Soft is developing a game for Wii U, as well. Their title was not revealed during Nintendo Direct, but Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said Tetsuya Takahashi and the Xenoblade team are creating the game. This will be a new title not tied to an existing series.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/13/xe ... for-wii-u/

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr., Yukupo
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Tecmo Koei is backing Wii U with two titles at launch Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge and Warriors Orochi 2 Hyper (that should be Warriors Orochi 3 for the West, I think!) are scheduled to launch along side the system in Japan.

Sangokushi 12 and Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2 are also in development for Wii U.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/13/wa ... at-launch/
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Tuffty » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Again being fair, only 1 of those is exclusive. Its early yet and if you don't see anything that appeals to you, then thats that but if you see a few more exclusives and old games you wanted that came out multiplat (Double agent was on gamecube and ps2) then keep an open mind. stuff like HnK2 are way off, so it might be worth it by then.

I will. I jumped the gun as I thought Bayonetta 2 was a launch title but apparently not. So say by the time it comes out you'll have that, ideally a bunch of other titles that look good (P-100, Rayman..) and maybe some hints on whats to come out of the next Mario, Zelda, Metroid...Very promising, might be a good time for me to pick it up then. :D

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: oh yea theres also going to be a wiiu version of HnK: Ken's Rage 2 YOU WA SHOCK!

Can you imagine if they get you to frantically tap on the screen as Ken is doing the Hundred Crack Fist? Now that's a system seller! And maybe shout HOKUTO HYAKURETSU KEN!! after doing it. Hell I'll do it anyway, thinking about it.

Tuffty has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Man Pikmin 3 not being a launch title really kills it for me. I'm a bit on the fence on whether to even get it. I know I will get one down the line because I love Nintendo games but nothing is a must buy for me. The best looking game is Lego City but I can imagine that being far to easy leading to it being somewhat boring since it's mainly aimed at kids. ZombieU, 101 and MarioU look okay but not anything I'm crazy about. I really didn't care for the Bayonetta demo do never bothered with that. Rayman looks awesome but I wasn't that amazed by the demo of the first game.

It's a big maybe for me right now.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Yama » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:55 pm

If it gets Project Zero I'll care.

A little birdy tells me a series I love very much will be there though, perhaps in port fashion. Nevertheless that equals must buy for me, so I guess it's time to start tracking some other titles to get some use out of it.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:05 pm

Yama wrote: If it gets Project Zero I'll care.

A little birdy tells me a series I love very much will be there though, perhaps in port fashion. Nevertheless that equals must buy for me, so I guess it's time to start tracking some other titles to get some use out of it.

I'd imagine it will considering theres been a bunch of games coming out in the series.

As for your birdie WTF who is it? The only people I know that still work there are Mike and Mike.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming