Wii U

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Wii U

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:56 pm

Bluecast wrote: Madden 13 is missing it's biggest selling point this year on Wii U. The physics engine.

Well worse then that Batman armored edition is shit all around, the collision detection is off models just go through each other theres enhanced physics but its not applied to particles so paper can go fly out a closed window and its actually harder to do anything because the ui requires you to do more.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Haha! yeah i was just saying how not every port is the best version.
Darksiders I'm willing to bet is a tweaked port of the PC version

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Dorian » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:plus the PS3 got a lot of ports that weren't as good as the original version on 360 ;)

Tell me about it. I still remember Enchanted Arms...

PS3 gets a lot of shitty software, let's be honest. Even the goddamn MGS HD Collection runs better on X360, lol. It's nothing short of a miracle that this console did OK in the end.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:46 pm

I actually didn't know that otherwise I would have bought peace walker on xbox :(
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:50 pm

PS3 while still going to get one. It's the most botched console this gen. In fact IMO I still think of it as what would happen if Sega Saturn was a success.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:02 pm

E3 2012, the console uses an AMD Radeon HD 6770 and supports DirectX 11

Surpised Nintendo using something so current. Only a year old I think. Sure it's not a power house PC card but for a console not to shabby.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:00 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
Bluecast wrote: Madden 13 is missing it's biggest selling point this year on Wii U. The physics engine.

Well worse then that Batman armored edition is shit all around, the collision detection is off models just go through each other theres enhanced physics but its not applied to particles so paper can go fly out a closed window and its actually harder to do anything because the ui requires you to do more.

Does it look bad? I saw a pic and it looked like an XBox game but i think it was a scan or taken off a crap phone.

As for ports that's going to be the problem for the Wii U. For now it will pretty much just get straight ports with [maybe] some use for the tablet screen but devs really wont put much effort into them so the first party and exclusive 3rd party stuff is really going to have to get gamers attention.

Dynasty Warriors talks about the challenge of working with the Wii U's weaker CPU but also its strengths

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... unch-title
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:20 am

Worse. just everything about it is worse to be honest.

As for ports Ninja Gaiden is basically a new game. I think the damage is done and people see it as being a shit game but its nothing like the original release.

To be honest, the tablet controller wasn't made for games like that. Look at the reason a person wouldn't buy a Wii. The games, the controller, and the graphics. The ports bring over the games, the pro solves the controller and the GPU solves the graphics.

Now, for the people who want to use the controller theres games that use it, the best example being the game that comes with the Deluxe console.

This is the things a lot of people don't seem to be understanding, and its exactly the same thing people didn't understand about the DS when it was first announced (and labeled a boring console because it was mostly ports or games available on console in better quality)

Not every game needs to use the touch pad, people can use either for most games but sometimes it'll be just plain better with a normal controller. Unless there's something really crazy I'll likely play Bayonetta 2 with the pro controller and not think twice about the screen. Now, if offered the same choice for a game like Metroid Prime, I'd take the touchpad.

Not aimed at you, but a general thing, I think people need to think less about how every game will use the pad and more about what's possible with Nintendo and partners working on a new console.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:23 am

What about Zombie U? I saw the vid where the guy has to use the tablet on the tv screen to see the zombies weak spot. I'm guessing you can still use the pro controller and it just becomes a normal zombie?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:33 am

TBH Wii U seems to have a fairly powerful GPGPU (much better than the HD twins) a lot of Ram. So not concerned about the machines power. Touch pad like DS but expanded has endless possibilities. I just won't be keen on games tacking it on forcing you to use it. That will happen. DS,Wii had this problem also. However plenty of games didn't use it either for the right reasons. I can't stress enough how well The Last Story would be for the Wii U pad. Hell any RPG really micro managing. but esp TLS and any game using strategy. Also Nintendo land esp Metriod Blast shows a great example. Ninja star thing reminded me of Shinobi bonus levels. I would not mind of something similar to Hotel Dusk used the Wii U Game pad the same way it used DS as a manual notebook.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:37 am

Who Really Cares? wrote: What about Zombie U? I saw the vid where the guy has to use the tablet on the tv screen to see the zombies weak spot. I'm guessing you can still use the pro controller and it just becomes a normal zombie?

I've only ever played it with the pad, and only ever seen it played with the pad. To be honest the weak spots thing isn't the biggest use of it. The two things you use the screen for most are inventory and "bypass".

The inventory is very deep, in the version I played there was a simple form of crafting and there were a lot of context sensitive items that you'd need to whip out at the drop of a hat. Since you're doing it in real time, enemies can attack you, and it only takes 1 hit to kill. Putting it on a controller would be a bitch because then it needs to take up some of the play area (the area you're supposed to be watching for enemies) and its a big bag, so you'd need to scroll though the pockets and slots.

The other is "bypass". Those minigames for lock-picking, hacking, etc. Lots of games like Bioshock, Elder Scrolls, Deus Ex and Alpha Protocol have this kind of thing and it always requires the full play area to be taken up, and often have a time limit. Same deal as inventory in Zombiu, enemies can attack you while you're hacking/picking/whathave you. Thing is sometimes you need to do it in a real hurry. On my playthrough I had to break into a building to find some supplies. When I started to pick the lock I slipped and an alarm went off. I jostled my hands quickly and got the door open and my character (now a young woman) ran in and slammed the door behind her as a horde approached. You can't get that kind of experience looking at a fullscreen of the minigame.

Thats why i don't think it'll support the pro controller, but it was designed not to, if it does then it not worth playing with it.

I really want to get hands on with the CPU to see if its just different or weaker.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:00 pm

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: Lots of hardware pics

http://www.gamereactor.es/imagenes/?tex ... id=563281#

Where it just links to something to log in.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Links just fine for me.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:13 pm

OL wrote: Links just fine for me.

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming