Things That Made You Laugh Today

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Postby south carmain » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:11 pm

^it seems pretty common to have naturally crooked teeth in Japan, good on them if they find beauty in it rather than all trying to have operations

though "men finding it attractive because it's child like and makes her look innocent" is kind of creepy...
User avatar
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: February 2012
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd


Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Postby mue 26 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:31 pm

south carmain wrote: ^it seems pretty common to have naturally crooked teeth in Japan, good on them if they find beauty in it rather than all trying to have operations


I would agree, but some appear to be actually having operations to get the crooked look...which is kind of takes it a step too far and ruins the potentially sweet sentiment of the movement, mind, that is probably already killed off by the creepy element you already pointed out.
[size=85][center]Help TeamYu and the #SaveShenmue movement today!
https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
http://facebook.com/TeamYu
Image
User avatar
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: December 2009

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Postby south carmain » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:38 pm

mue 26 wrote:
south carmain wrote: ^it seems pretty common to have naturally crooked teeth in Japan, good on them if they find beauty in it rather than all trying to have operations


I would agree, but some appear to be actually having operations to get the crooked look...which is kind of takes it a step too far and ruins the potentially sweet sentiment of the movement, mind, that is probably already killed off by the creepy element you already pointed out.

true, soon those crazy Japs will be asking the doctor to amputate their legs for the "cute helpless disabled girl" look

south carmain has received 3 thanks from: KiBa, St. Elmo's Fire, Yokosuka Martian
User avatar
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: February 2012
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:47 pm

Ziming wrote: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79rCrTac9O0[/youtube]

remove the s in https
Image
Image

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Ziming
User avatar
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned
 
Joined: August 2003
PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.


Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Postby south carmain » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:56 pm

Rakim wrote: English people complaining about bad teeth. Now I've seen everything.

complaining? I didn't exactly see anyone complain...

also
Image
User avatar
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: February 2012
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Postby Rakim » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:04 pm

A tooth the shape of the letter L doesn't necessarily have to be decayed.


I can't tell who's being serious anymore

Rakim has received a thanks from: Axm
User avatar
Rakim
なんまいだー
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: July 2004
Location: new york
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: music

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Postby south carmain » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:09 pm

Rakim wrote: A tooth the shape of the letter L doesn't necessarily have to be decayed.


I can't tell who's being serious anymore

you made a comment referring to the british stereotype of us having bad teeth that originates from victoria times where the rich would display their yellow teeth proudly as a way to boast they could afford sugar and similar tooth decaying luxuries, so either you are implying we have bad teeth because of said stereotype to which I reply you adequately or you are implying somehow crooked teeth is common here which is entirely false and you rebuttal was not witty at all

to this a bid you farewell kind sir
User avatar
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: February 2012
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Postby Rakim » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:18 pm

south carmain wrote:
Rakim wrote: A tooth the shape of the letter L doesn't necessarily have to be decayed.


I can't tell who's being serious anymore

you made a comment referring to the british stereotype of us having bad teeth that originates from victoria times where the rich would display their yellow teeth proudly as a way to boast they could afford sugar and similar tooth decaying luxuries, so either you are implying we have bad teeth because of said stereotype to which I reply you adequately or you are implying somehow crooked teeth is common here which is entirely false and you rebuttal was not witty at all

to this a bid you farewell kind sir


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBNXDXNOKlo[/youtube]
User avatar
Rakim
なんまいだー
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: July 2004
Location: new york
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: music

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Postby south carmain » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:26 pm

your joke was incoherent and you should feel bad because of it, commit sudoku as soon as possible
User avatar
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: February 2012
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:26 pm

Rakim wrote:
south carmain wrote:
Rakim wrote: A tooth the shape of the letter L doesn't necessarily have to be decayed.


I can't tell who's being serious anymore

you made a comment referring to the british stereotype of us having bad teeth that originates from victoria times where the rich would display their yellow teeth proudly as a way to boast they could afford sugar and similar tooth decaying luxuries, so either you are implying we have bad teeth because of said stereotype to which I reply you adequately or you are implying somehow crooked teeth is common here which is entirely false and you rebuttal was not witty at all

to this a bid you farewell kind sir


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBNXDXNOKlo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eed0StRU_wE[/youtube]
Image
Image
User avatar
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned
 
Joined: August 2003
PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Postby KiBa » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:28 am

mue 26 wrote: http://www.japantoday.com/category/life ... oked-teeth

:lol: On the one hand I think this kawaii business is getting totally out of hand. On the other hand, I hope it keeps going until chipped tooth's become all the craze, thenceforth I will descend on Japan and mesmerise all with my chipped nasher!

I want to say that in a way it's nice for girls who naturally have crooked teeth and can now feel proud of them, but I find it quite disturbing that people with straight teeth are now trying to mash theirs up. I guess it's karma ay, that the snaggletoothed will one day rule the world and turn the tables.

Image


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=day3yvj3f7s[/youtube]

Now get back to making video games!
Check out yeo's The friends of Ringo Ishikawa:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =861780193
User avatar
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: January 2006

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:38 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_6py7V2OuU[/youtube]
Image
User avatar
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III
 
Joined: July 2010
Location: Nueva Jork
PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Re: Things That Made You Laugh Today

Postby KiBa » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:53 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntdYYm-Xk3c[/youtube]
Check out yeo's The friends of Ringo Ishikawa:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =861780193
User avatar
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: January 2006

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net