Biohazard

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Biohazard

Postby Yama » Sat May 31, 2008 7:28 am

Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby The_Intruder » Sat May 31, 2008 10:54 am

just saw that gameplay trailer but couldn't enjoy it. My player wasn't working right it was like running in slow motion. but yeah this is another game I am looking forward to. I have play most resident evil game and I finish them. Resident evil is one of the few series I care about. You know resident evil 5 looks really challenging and harder than any previous resident evil game. How do you suppose to fight so many enemies at once. What I like about resident evil is that they always have good looking girls. I saw the new girl in the trailer and she looks hot! I wonder if claire redfield will make an appearance in resident evil 5.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby white lotus » Sat May 31, 2008 11:49 am

The good ole boys down here in 'The South' are gonna love this!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAWWW!
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby OL » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:18 am

:roll:
Yeah yeah, you kill black people in it. In Africa.
I guess the "racism" jokes are never gonna get old for this one, huh?
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Milky Joe » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:29 am

:snipersmile: Mr. T

I am so fucking PSYCHED for this game!!!
Milky Joe
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:37 am

Well there will be people that are going to complain just because of the fact that all you do is kill black people in africa. It also doesnt help that the main character is white... but maybe if they consider that the japanese developed it they might be a little more forgiving?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Ro Shen » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:42 am

I like it how in the ending of the trailer theres a new (probably playable) black lady character to balance the racist fact (people which thinks the game is racist) of the game. The new character for me felt like a after thought, capcom must of got ALOT of hate mail.
Ro Shen
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:20 am

Looks great. After MGS4 has blown over, this'll be the next new release title I'll pick up for my PS3.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Clint » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:22 am

It looks more like an action game than something based on storyline and progression. It does look nice, but i'm more looking forward to Silent Hill 5.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby OL » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:06 am

Silent Hill 5 looks like shit, to me. The american developers don't seem to "get" Silent Hill. I mean, they've actually added combos to the combat system. You can hold a button down mid-combo to change the pattern of attack (that's like a fucking Devil May Cry move, there).
Silent Hill was always supposed to have shitty combat. Whereas most games put tons of power in your hands and let you down right obliterate your enemies, Silent Hill was always supposed to take that power away, and make you feel like just some average guy. I mean, why else would the developers leave the combat so stiff, game after game? It was intentional. It made the games scarier.
Sure, that's just one strike against the game, but it's a big one. And that's not even mentioning the huge lack of creativity in monster designs and style. Everything I've seen is either just a rehashing of the old stuff (like the nurses; GOD they're fucking overused now) or they're just ugly designs that don't feel like something that should be in Silent Hill (and probably also lack any kind of symbolic value, as most creatures in previous games actually had).

So yeah, to me, Silent Hill 5 is an experiment for a team of American developers, whereas RE5 is a new entry in an already tried and true series. I think I'm more looking forward to the one that actually knows what it's doing.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby The_Intruder » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:22 am

I say that resident evil 5 is the only game coming out this year that can give some competition to MGS4.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Clint » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:06 pm

OL wrote:Silent Hill 5 looks like shit, to me. The american developers don't seem to "get" Silent Hill. I mean, they've actually added combos to the combat system. You can hold a button down mid-combo to change the pattern of attack (that's like a fucking Devil May Cry move, there).
Silent Hill was always supposed to have shitty combat. Whereas most games put tons of power in your hands and let you down right obliterate your enemies, Silent Hill was always supposed to take that power away, and make you feel like just some average guy. I mean, why else would the developers leave the combat so stiff, game after game? It was intentional. It made the games scarier.
Sure, that's just one strike against the game, but it's a big one. And that's not even mentioning the huge lack of creativity in monster designs and style. Everything I've seen is either just a rehashing of the old stuff (like the nurses; GOD they're fucking overused now) or they're just ugly designs that don't feel like something that should be in Silent Hill (and probably also lack any kind of symbolic value, as most creatures in previous games actually had).

So yeah, to me, Silent Hill 5 is an experiment for a team of American developers, whereas RE5 is a new entry in an already tried and true series. I think I'm more looking forward to the one that actually knows what it's doing.

The game does need a change, I agree, but I would argue Silent Hill 2 is better than all the Resident Evil games. By a long stretch actually.

I think the game looks good. The combat actually looks decent. James Sunderland, Harry Mason etc obviously didn't have a clue about combat. But here we've got some kind of war-veteran. Could be interesting. The graphics look nice aswell.

Like all games, i'm not gonna judge until i've played.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby FRASIER » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:13 pm

The_Intruder wrote:I say that resident evil 5 is the only game coming out this year that can give some competition to MGS4.

Fuck off! Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway looks the shit! It's the only WW2 game worth buying and the guys at Gearbox have pulled out all the stops. I can see this being the surprise gem of the year.
FRASIER
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby The_Intruder » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:22 pm

-just passing through- wrote:
The_Intruder wrote:I say that resident evil 5 is the only game coming out this year that can give some competition to MGS4.

Fuck off! Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway looks the shit! It's the only WW2 game worth buying and the guys at Gearbox have pulled out all the stops. I can see this being the surprise gem of the year.

never heard of that game before charlie. lol but yeah I wasn't talking about game of the year just a game that can give some competion to Metal gear solid 4: guns of the patriots and I think resident evil 5 is the only game. Don't really been into WW2 games before and not my type.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby FRASIER » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:03 am

just seen the new footage.......I like.
FRASIER
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next