Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Spokane » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:48 pm

I didn't even know he was behind Beyond, and I am looking forward to that game. And this new fact doesn't change my interest in the game at all.
User avatar
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III
 
Joined: July 2003
Location: Spokane,State of Washington (Not DC you idiot),USA
PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:51 pm

Yeah I don't like cage but at this point I'm done being vocal about it. It's beating a dead horse. More on the OL side of things where not going to be so vocal and just not support his stuff. Not to mention I'm tired of wasting my time ranting about him and bored of it myself
Last edited by Bluecast on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
User avatar
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned
 
Joined: August 2003
PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:54 pm

People looked forward to Communism as well. People often look forward to many things that aren't necessarily good for them in the long run.

The point here is different, though. Why won't the guy stop boasting? Why he tries to take a shit on 99% of the gaming industry all the time, why does he insist on saying he's creating revolutionary and intelligent games when even a lot of people who enjoyed HR still said it's a stupid mess story-wise and that there are no mind-opening qualities to it?

Yu Suzuki never boasted about his work. NEVER. He is a true genius, and a remarkable human being. David Cage is a prick.

Dorian has received a thanks from: OL
Dorian
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: August 2007
Location: Poland
PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby OL » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:29 pm

A sense of humbleness is always good. Makes me respect someone more when they create great things, yet refrain from boasting or playing themselves up.
Maybe one reason I tend to like several Japanese devs more than most western ones I ever see.
You watch an interview with a Japanese creator (of games or otherwise), and they don't typically talk your ear off about how artistic their work is, or spout things like "get ready to have your mind fucked by awesomeness!"
A lot of times they just say "we tried to do this" and "we tried to do that", and end it by saying "please enjoy our game. Thank you."
Maybe it's a silly reason to like or dislike certain things, but it tends to make me appreciate one product over another sometimes when I know its creators aren't obnoxious blowhards.

Cage's newer games might be good for all I know (like Kenny said, last one I played was Indigo Prophecy, and it was terrible). But I won't indulge them, because I already know that Cage is an obnoxious blowhard (to an absolute extreme), and I have no desire to support his work if he's like that.
Image

OL has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, Dorian, Yukupo
User avatar
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III
 
Joined: May 2003

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Kenny » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Dorian wrote: People looked forward to Communism as well.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, you.
>-Just spreading the love=<
Image

------

The new Dojo Forums where the regulars now post: http://www.tojodojo.com/forums
The one and only true Dojo.

Kenny has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, OL, Yukupo
User avatar
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III
 
Joined: November 2004
Location: Somewhere
PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Yukupo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:47 pm

Sadly it seems like in the West that artists are trained to be into themselves. Many of the 'greats' we've learned about in school were pretty egotistical. (As well as some instructors.) It's kind of a cultural thing, although I still don't like it. I've had to learn to be more assertive about my skills because people don't want to hire an artist that acts 'unsure' of themselves. But I try to stay as humble as I can.

Anyway as far as this goes, I quite dislike some of his comments, his attitude, and the looking down on gaming in general but I can't say I disagree with some of his thoughts on game design as far as my own personal preferences on gaming goes. :-k There's definitely room in the industry for a wide variety of games and that's something I love seeing.
Yukupo

Yukupo has received a thanks from: OL
User avatar
Yukupo
Digital Artist
"After Burner...Great!"
 
Joined: September 2003
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:29 pm

Honestly Dorian you say you don't complain about everything but since you came back a day or two ago all you have done is complain about games. Even Yakuza you said you like but have said about 20 times that it's unplayable. FFS give it a rest. If you don't like a game fair enough state your case but every time there is a new trailer or someone says something we don't need to hear it again.

Riku Rose has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, St. Elmo's Fire, Who Really Cares?
User avatar
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2006
Location: Kent, England
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Honestly Dorian you say you don't complain about everything but since you came back a day or two ago all you have done is complain about games. Even Yakuza you said you like but have said about 20 times that it's unplayable. FFS give it a rest. If you don't like a game fair enough state your case but every time there is a new trailer or someone says something we don't need to hear it again.

With Riku here. Even I'm tired of spouting hatred. How boring is it I hate this I hate that you're an idiot if you don't hate it also. Blah blah asian gif blah blah hate hate hate asian gif.
Image
Image
User avatar
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned
 
Joined: August 2003
PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:06 pm

@Riku and @Ryudo: I don't care what you two have to say about my posts. I write them to let my thoughts out. Just ignore me if they bother you. But it's funny that Riku never reads anything I have to say carefully because each time he summaries something I said, it's full of errors.

Yakuza is a series with a weak gameplay and it's no wonder that it doesn't sell well outside of Japan. In Japan, it gets a lot of points for cultural elements alone. I didn't say it's unplayable. I said its battle system would be unplayable if it wasn't for the HEAT actions.

Oh, I almost forogt - Ryudo, stop being selfish. You always speak about yourself - you're tired of this, you're tired of that. Some are tired of you.
Dorian
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: August 2007
Location: Poland
PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:07 pm

No stupid ass shitty fag asian gif? Consider me disappointed
Image
Image
User avatar
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned
 
Joined: August 2003
PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:09 pm

Bluecast wrote: No stupid ass shitty fag asian gif? Consider me disappointed

Image
Dorian
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: August 2007
Location: Poland
PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:10 pm

Dorian wrote: @Riku and @Ryudo: I don't care what you two have to say about my posts. I write them to let my thoughts out. Just ignore me if they bother you. But it's funny that Riku never reads anything I have to say carefully because each time he summaries something I said, it's full of errors.


The fact is I can't ignore it. All topics turn into is people arguing with you over something pathetic because you keep going on about it. As I said feel free to say that you don't like a game but 10 posts on how you think the new MGS sucks because Kojima sucks at writing isn't needed. You got your point across at first and some people disagree.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Bluecast
User avatar
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2006
Location: Kent, England
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:10 pm

Sums up Dorian
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-otAJrtY-w[/youtube]

If you don't watch the vid it's not calling gay people a certain name but calling out people who act like a certain name that has nothing to do with sexual preferences.
Image
Image
User avatar
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned
 
Joined: August 2003
PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:16 pm

Riku Rose wrote:The fact is I can't ignore it. All topics turn into is people arguing with you over something pathetic because you keep going on about it. As I said feel free to say that you don't like a game but 10 posts on how you think the new MGS sucks because Kojima sucks at writing isn't needed. You got your point across at first and some people disagree.

I write something each time I want to speak up my mind and it really won't be limited by anything as long as it's not against the rules of this board. Sorry. This isn't a playground for a few people. This a public forum and everybody can piss anybody in absolutely unintended ways. It's called social interaction and those who try to force their ways are pretty much faggots. Not gays. Just faggots.
Dorian
Banned
Banned
 
Joined: August 2007
Location: Poland
PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:20 pm

Dorian wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:The fact is I can't ignore it. All topics turn into is people arguing with you over something pathetic because you keep going on about it. As I said feel free to say that you don't like a game but 10 posts on how you think the new MGS sucks because Kojima sucks at writing isn't needed. You got your point across at first and some people disagree.

Image.
Image
Image

Bluecast has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
User avatar
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned
 
Joined: August 2003
PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net