Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Tred » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:06 pm

MS are the reason Rare have fallen so far to me. You don't just turn into a crap dev overnight.
Tred
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:07 pm

Yeah Rare has been dead for well over a decade.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:08 pm

N&B's the only one that ever interested me, but I'll probably never play any of em.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:10 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: N&B's the only one that ever interested me, but I'll probably never play any of em.

Can you gift games on XBL? I may eventually just have to gift the first to ya.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Nah, you can't, and I ain't interested in the first at all. Peeps said Mario 64 was one of the best games ever and I just thought it was a giant turd in a blender.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:31 pm

Project X Zone is a game you have many characters from many companies fight each other. One of them is Dante from DMC. Playstation All Star Battle is a game where Sony characters and many multiplatform characters fight each other. It Also has Dante...from DmC.

At least one of them made a multi character fighting game that wasn't a rip off or have the fake Dante.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Bluecast wrote: N & B is just terrible. I already posted Jon Tron but everything he said is correct.

Have you actually played the game? I only ask because your gamertag says no.

Only one that needed work IMO was GBtH which was ok just the combat needed work. Sure i don't want to see them wasted on Kinect Sports but I've had a lot of fun out with those 2 games. Of course its down to opinion but when you simply saw people say its not a platformer before the game was even out you knew people were not going in open minded with this game.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:50 pm

I played enough. Jon Tron is still correct.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:56 pm

So a demo and all Jon did was scream crap down his mic for 17 minutes and again basically say its not like the originals so i hate it. ;-)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Occ2uE7O9I4[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:09 pm

Original is fine. But N & B is just shit. Then again Everything rare makes is shit anymore.
The game was obviously a true plat former at some point in development. But then some exec had some bright idea. So they kept the barren worlds and tacked on lego car thing. That's the thing Rare used to be original but great at doing it. My fave game of them isn't even a plat former but a shooter. The fucked up Conker they fucked up PD they fucked up Banjo. Rare was one to always try new things but they always had great execution. But ever since StarFox Adventures they just can't do diddly shit right.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:22 pm

I keep wantin to go back to Xenoblade, but every time I do it just seems like a chore leveling up n shit n doin all the side-quests. I also don't like how they made it out to be this huge world, when in reality it just seems like they made a normal-sized one, shrunk the character models, and gave them slow movements so it seemed big. Nice technique n'all, but I'm just completely disillusioned with it. I was thinkin about gettin it for the PC instead because the quality on the Wii's pretty damn appalling, but I really can't be arsed playin through it all again. I'll go back to it eventually, but it was just such a huge disappointment despite the massive potential. If only they saved it for the Wii-U or it was released on the 360...

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Dorian
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Nintendo owns Monolith so other platforms are not going to happen. I played it on a 46 inch Bravia at my uncles and looked fine. I love the huge world and the story would not work in a small linear world. The side quests are optional. But some of them are very rewarding. XB is at the very least a 150+ hour game. My longest play through is 261 hours to complete everything.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Dorian » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:28 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:I also don't like how they made it out to be this huge world, when in reality it just seems like they made a normal-sized one, shrunk the character models, and gave them slow movements so it seemed big.

I may not like you, but you just hit the nail on the head. Ryudo can scream all he wants to, but Xenoblade LIES about having a big world. The game is just like you described - with slow movement (even after equipping special gems that speed up your movement) and strange proportions between the game world and the characters, all to make it seem far bigger than it really is.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Still the best RPG this gen. Better than Gears. yeah I said it. Still my fave is The Last Story. Dorian has hated before it came out as he just bitched it wasn't some over convoluted pile like the Saga & Gears. Ever since he just keeps bitching about something else about it. Even if it was some convoluted mess like Gears he would still bitch about it. FOr the longest time he just bitched it wasn't in HD. So I took it to a 46 inch bravia. Looked fine. All I hear Dorian ever do is nitpick or find problems that are not there just so he can bitch. But that's what happens when someone is angry for so long. It becomes a safe and comfort zone. Eventually they are angry for so long they know nothing else. He really doesn't hate every little thing about gaming. Just hates where he lives as being an outcast so takes his anger to the internet to complain about MGS Xenoblade and Underwear on a character.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:45 pm

That was less of a justification of why you like the game and more of a personal attack on Dorian.

Kenny has received 4 thanks from: Dorian, MiTT3NZ, OL, Who Really Cares?
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming