Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:10 am

Axm wrote: Personally I dont care so much these days if its Final Fantasy 47 or Gangnam Style Adventures. If its a good game it deserves merit for its accomplishments. Theirs only so far you can take the sequalz and portz is ruined teh video games arguement before you end up in the corner with the other D&D table top players. Heck Nintendo has built generations of "recycled" games to us but we still buy them and love them because they inovate with new gameplay or graphical aspects. Same goes now with Microsoft, Sony and pretty much any large game company. Its always been like this. The only reason its more noticable these days is because the gaming industry has grown to such a gigantic level.
In short I just wanted to share a pic of how much I actually dug all these games that came out this year, regardless of history.

Thing is most of those aren't good games. If you dig them thats cool, but please don't act like things are getting better rather then worse when you feel that 1/4th of what made this year great was games from 5-10 years ago.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:09 am

](*,)

Battlefront 3 Was 99 Percent Finished

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1701703/fr ... ished.html
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Spokane » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Wow, that's heartbreaking.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Kenny » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
Axm wrote: Personally I dont care so much these days if its Final Fantasy 47 or Gangnam Style Adventures. If its a good game it deserves merit for its accomplishments. Theirs only so far you can take the sequalz and portz is ruined teh video games arguement before you end up in the corner with the other D&D table top players. Heck Nintendo has built generations of "recycled" games to us but we still buy them and love them because they inovate with new gameplay or graphical aspects. Same goes now with Microsoft, Sony and pretty much any large game company. Its always been like this. The only reason its more noticable these days is because the gaming industry has grown to such a gigantic level.
In short I just wanted to share a pic of how much I actually dug all these games that came out this year, regardless of history.

Thing is most of those aren't good games. If you dig them thats cool, but please don't act like things are getting better rather then worse when you feel that 1/4th of what made this year great was games from 5-10 years ago.

So you disagree...therefore it's fact?

I'm not in agreement it's been a great year for games either but that doesn't make it fact.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:36 pm

Never said that, i said some of those games weren't good, and he said they were, we have different opinions I was pointing out that most of the games he claims made this year great were actually games that were released in years past. That is a fact. No matter who has an opinion on what, Ico was not originally released in 2012.

if this is going back to the DMC thread, the one in which you've been a total ass, then we can go there and discuss why.

Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Never said that, i said some of those games weren't good, and he said they were, we have different opinions I was pointing out that most of the games he claims made this year great were actually games that were released in years past. That is a fact. No matter who has an opinion on what, Ico was not originally released in 2012.

if this is going back to the DMC thread, the one in which you've been a total ass, then we can go there and discuss why.

:nice!:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:23 pm

Too bad it doesn't look like sportsfriends is going to hit its goal. BariBariBall alone is worth it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gut ... tian-joust
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:20 pm

Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed 3, Halo 4, Persona Arena, Gravity Rush, Boarderlands 2, Forza 4.
All amazing games imo, sequels or not, that only came out in this year.
So dont treat me like I dont deserve to be satisfied with my own opinion. Obviously you take yourself and your opinion more seriously then it needs to be. Let me have my mainstream games and ill let you get back to whatever elitest hardcore real shit that keeps you so underground and legit over everyone else.

Axm has received 4 thanks from: Kenny, OL, St. Elmo's Fire, Who Really Cares?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:30 pm

:shock:
Last edited by Bluecast on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Axm wrote: Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed 3, Halo 4, Persona Arena, Gravity Rush, Boarderlands 2, Forza 4.
All amazing games imo, sequels or not, that only came out in this year.
So dont treat me like I dont deserve to be satisfied with my own opinion. Obviously you take yourself and your opinion more seriously then it needs to be. Let me have my mainstream games and ill let you get back to whatever elitest hardcore real shit that keeps you so underground and legit over everyone else.

Its a sad day when I need to doubt your literacy.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:i said some of those games weren't good, and he said they were, we have different opinions

OH SHIT, I iz teh so elitist I was recognizing that we have different and totally valid opinions, man I'm such a bastard.

I'd also like to take this moment to apologize for being an elitist, who apparently only plays niche games and hates all things mainstream (replaying Ac3 the other day was just me farting around I'm very much above games like that) I'd also like to apologize for not taking anyones opinions seriously, going out and buying all of the alan Wake games because WRC recommended them, Playing through siren and kane & lynch because of OL, buying to the moon because of thief, taking a look at Splinter cell because of Mittz. No I take no one else's opinions seriously. and I'd like toapologize.
Last edited by Segata Sanshiro Jr. on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:40 pm

Sad day I have to resort to defending my own tastes and grammer with someone I dont think ive ever had a problem with before. I'll just go back to my simpleton games now and be done with it. I guess I should make sure to complete to image and drink a mountain dew on the way out for you.
Last edited by Axm on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:43 pm

Axm wrote: Sad day I have to resort to defending my own tastes and grammer with someone I dont think ive ever had a problem with before. I'll just go back to my simpleton games now and be done with it. I guess I should make sure to complete to image and drink a mountain dew on the way out for you.

Don't forget the doritos

if you felt you had to defend yourself, you misunderstood.
Last edited by Segata Sanshiro Jr. on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:45 pm

Shenmue Dojo never changes
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:47 pm

...you mean like I did in the post explaining what i said?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:48 pm

The only issue here is when you said strait up that my opinion was wrong and that they were not good games. Throw in an imo and were strait. Otherwise you just look like a dick who cant handle others opinions.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming