Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:49 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: ...you mean like I did in the post explaining what i said?

hint I'm just going to keep quoting this until you see that I actually explained this in my post after saying that they were bad games.

Also for the record I actually was going to edit out bad games because thats actually really harsh and I don't even actually think that, well I do about Mass Effect, sorry that game sucked not really sure why anyone liked it but the others are just a different strokes thing.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:51 pm

Come on now [-X

We're all buds here.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:57 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
Thing is most of those aren't good games.

Its pretty much not fun doing this on a phone right now so ill just leave it at that. You have the right to your opinion too but when you say things like that, its just annoying.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:59 pm

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby redline » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:06 pm

im really liking assassins creed III's graphics but the horses are slow as hell.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:09 pm

Axm wrote:

Its pretty much not fun doing this on a phone right now so ill just leave it at that. You have the right to your opinion too but when you say things like that, its just annoying.

Maybe its just because you're on the phone and can't see the posts but I actually have said "this is my opinion and you've got yours" and "calling them bad games was really harsh"

My questions in all of this, wasn't to even really deter you from your enjoyment (and pride) in posting up your picture. When I got my Wiiu me and my roommate posted up a picture of the stuff we bought. Within minutes we got called stupid and told we wasted our money. It really sucks when you put something up that people shit on, and even if i come off strong, I didn't mean to shit on the fact that you liked the stuff you bought. (which is why one of the first things I did was say, if you dig em thats cool)

my point was this however, if this was a good year for gaming why did you buy so many remakes? Its a serious question, because I've heard from a lot of people that this was a good year, while they play something like ZOE.

redline wrote: im really liking assassins creed III's graphics but the horses are slow as hell.

fast travel like a boss, you can reach most things pretty quickly using it...yea the load times are faster then the horses lol

On another note, I was organizing my new games and I actually didn't know what genre it was. I had to look it up, all i knew about the game was that it was based off a book.(and was cheap)
Last edited by Segata Sanshiro Jr. on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14 pm

I was told on a gaming forum (this one) stop wasting your money on games and blah blah blah. Still can we just have a nice topic. You both made your points. Stop making it easier for OL to end the world.

Side note. This place for many people here has got me to try new series and games. Most I enjoyed. Heartfelt thank you.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:27 pm

Black Ops 2 makes the top 5 in Japan.

Welp,the COD fever is spreading.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:38 pm

Samanosuke Akechi wrote: Black Ops 2 makes the top 5 in Japan.

thats actually been going on for years, the release of MW2 even pushed 360 sales.

I've actually been intrested n trying out black ops co-op on wiiu, is anyone else goign to try that version?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:45 pm

thats actually been going on for years, the release of MW2 even pushed 360 sales.

All that time and I just now looked up the first day sales. :lol: Not bad.Japan is getting more open minded about western games,just wish this side of the world would return the favor.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:52 pm

Samanosuke Akechi wrote:

.Japan is getting more open minded about western games,

Too bad it's the wrong ones
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:58 pm

I'm not a CoD fan myself (enjoyed the original when it first came out, completely blew me away), but the others never interested me. The latest one has though, and it's slightly irritating me. So yeah, Segata, sort me out with a Wii-U n I'll get it on that instead of the 360.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:59 pm

yea I wish western gamers were more receptive to stuff like Gravity Rush

it'd also be cool if Japanese gamers got into indie games like Hokra and BariBariBal...hint, hint, wink,wink

@Mittz, I can't afford mine.

Also playing Spec ops, its really freakin cool, wonder why its 5$
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:01 pm

Damn. Farcry 3 is pretty. E3 showed that bad guy saying the same thing too often HOWEVER Giant Bomb quick look made me love the writing of that character and detest the main character as he was just another rich pretty boy now turned hardcore..at least from that 90 min I saw. Still the mowhawk dude is crazy good.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:24 pm

Axm wrote:

Maybe its just because you're on the phone and can't see the posts but I actually have said "this is my opinion and you've got yours" and "calling them bad games was really harsh"

My questions in all of this, wasn't to even really deter you from your enjoyment (and pride) in posting up your picture. When I got my Wiiu me and my roommate posted up a picture of the stuff we bought. Within minutes we got called stupid and told we wasted our money. It really sucks when you put something up that people shit on, and even if i come off strong, I didn't mean to shit on the fact that you liked the stuff you bought. (which is why one of the first things I did was say, if you dig em thats cool)

my point was this however, if this was a good year for gaming why did you buy so many remakes? Its a serious question, because I've heard from a lot of people that this was a good year, while they play something like ZOE.

Ok I think I feel you abit better now. Obviously you can have some respect for my opinions considering what happened to you too.
For your question, when it comes to the remakes and so on, some of those games like ZOE or Persona 4 Golden I never played or invested the time into playing them originally so its all new for me. In the case of the MGS games its simply my favorite series next to shenmue. Its like saying Shenmue HD came out to a lesser extent. I also never played Peace Walker and so that was a new experience for me. AC Brotherhood and Revelation I also never played it. ICO and Shadow. Also extremely good games deserving of HD and also games I unfortunately never beat. For me it was a good year because it catered toward me almost to exactly what I wanted. Mass Effect is also one of my favorite series. Despite the ending 99% of the rest of the game I enjoyed alot. AC3? Best in the series imo because of story line and history. Halo 4 is easy my favorite multiplayer game. Me, Yama and a bunch of others vegitate on that game all the time. Same Forza 4.
It seemed like this year the game industry was like Axm, this ones for you. Here's everything you like and or never got to play fully and I had no excuse to say no to that.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming