Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Rakim » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:09 am

Never really watched the channel aside from a few isolated incidents, but I understand that this may be upsetting to some.
Good riddance I say. I'd much rather watch Game Sack and Game Chasers on youtube. Its much better to be stuck in the past if our future looks like this:

G4 To Become The Esquire Channel

The fate of G4, the TV network formerly devoted to video games, has been up in the air for some time. It has been officially announced that it will become the Esquire Channel next year.

Along with a name change, the channel will also see a switch in focus with plans to target an, “untapped metrosexual viewership,” and, “shift the former gaming network to a destination more in line with the modern male,” which is something that has been discussed for quite some time.

The reformatting has already begun with the announcement of the cancellation of shows like X-Play and Attack of the Show earlier this year.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby KiBa » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:04 am

lol @ "untapped metrosexual"
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:38 pm

Glad I got ACII really liking it. Despite the first one is awful. Only thing I don't like and a personal minor minor gripe. health not regenerate and the notoriety is kinda annoying. Not a big deal. Oh and "It's me Mario" :lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:44 pm

thats kinda funny, I'm actually of the complete opposite opinion, in AC 3 health regens, but in fights theres no good point for it to regen since it stops even if you block. Being able to choose when to heal is one of the greatest things ever to me, I absolutely hate that it was removed from 3.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: thats kinda funny, I'm actually of the complete opposite opinion, in AC 3 health regens, but in fights theres no good point for it to regen since it stops even if you block. Being able to choose when to heal is one of the greatest things ever to me, I absolutely hate that it was removed from 3.

One of my pet peeves in a RPG is if when you level up the health does not restore to full.I was never a big fan of potions. I love in TLS how it's done as well. Just in this game I want to rebuild the villa and while it's not much to buy meds I like to save everything for the town and weapons. Still it's not really a big deal at all. I just got used to it in 1.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:19 pm

I feel like it should be a mix personally. Like when you gain a level, or enter a "safe" area you auto heal but if you're in the middle of a fight you can manual heal.

Judging by how different AC 2 is from 1 do you have any interest in Bro'hood, Revelations and 3?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Yes. I want them all :)

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:52 pm

Damn so I got $300 in cash and some best buy gift cards just sitting here from birthday money from family and stuff. And my wife is telling me to not worry and just spend it.. but im like damn what do I get? I just bought like all the games I wanted to play this year and will be busy with that for awhile.

I was thinking about getting a new longer range lens for my DSLR but I dont really NEED that for the type of shooting I normally do. (cars and people)

I have been saying to myself that I wont be getting a Wii U until sometime next year but since I know im getting it eventually whats money now vs. money then right? But again, I dont need that and I dont know what id play on it besides existing Wii games I never played before.
(I dont have a Wii anymore, sold it awhile ago.. lol I dont have a Wii..that name will never get old)

I also have a feeling someones gonna get me a 3DS for christmas cause I was asked what I thought about it by my sister around black friday.

Or I could just hold on to the cash and use it over time for whatever.

I dont know should I just say fuck it and get a Wii U?
What games should I get for it if so and or whats coming out that I would need it for?
I know for sure I will eventually get Animal Crossing, Smash Bros and whatever RE game will come out on it. But what makes it worth it now/next couple months?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Honestly not alot.

I think you'd be into ZombiU but aside from that you've got/played most of the stuff thats out for it, and the next good game for it is in late February (Rayman Legends)
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Almost done rebuilding the villa in ACII. Not going to do the feathers thing and not sure about statues and paintings.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Thief » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:31 pm

Decided I'm going to play through Sierra's adventure line-up this winter break starting with their first, Mystery House.

Mystery House

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrH4AJ_q7FA[/youtube]

I've played King's Quest games and, of course, Space Quest :) but I haven't played too many others. I might just end up skipping most and just picking either the King's Quest, Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Police Quest, Gabriel Knight, or Quest For Glory line of games. Considering I won't have time for everything... but yeah. I'm usually a bit too ambitious.

Thief has received a thanks from: KiBa
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby redline » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:26 am

redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:38 am

i'm kinda torn on this, on the one hand its really cool, and its great Capcom is putting the spotlight on a fan game.

on the other hand things have gotten so bad that the only game being acknowledged by Capcom is a fangame. Its been almost 4 years since the last megaman game and the biggest thing Capcom has to show on Megaman's 25th birthday is a fan game (BTW theres a lot of really good megaman fangames out there)

but hey Capcom is saying, "go ahead make fangames" which is cool but then what about megaman? does that mean that Capcom is saying "Well there no point in making em anymore, anyone with flixel can make a better megaman then us".
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:35 am

^ Well, one thing to consider is that it's also a Street Fighter game... sort of. Not only is Capcom letting fans use Megaman but also use Street Fighter, which they definitely aren't done with. Also, can't find the source right now, but didn't Capcom say they had something in the works for Mega Man and that the IP is not dead to them?

Maybe they're letting this act as free publicity to raise excitement for Mega Man and future projects. Who knows?
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:08 am

Well they've been saying that for 4 years. Its kinda hard to take what Svensson is saying seriously on a good day.

I'm just don't trust Capcom. They very often do things like this "Hey we love fans" and then a week later they do something really messed up. I'd like break down in tears of next week they fired Papa Kawano or Ono or something.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Thief
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming