Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby KiBa » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:41 am

Samanosuke Akechi wrote: Sony filed a a patent to block second-hand games

Microsoft to follow.

...them to Hell.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:06 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTPk4iO47RQ[/youtube]

=D>
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:39 pm

Vyse Hazuky has received 2 thanks from: mue 26, wude
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby mue 26 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:42 pm

Rage at Nintendo. So, I've ended up with a 3DS today. I personally wouldn't have got a 3DS as I fundamentally disagree with Nintedo's decision to region lock it, alas it's not for me. I also played a bit of New Super mario bros 2, and I don't know why, but that game just makes me feel angry. Also, the 3D effect in that game is utterly pants, all it does is blur the background so I can't see the detail :s. I don't expect the 3D to be best shown off by a 2D game, but still the 3D seems completely unsuited to portable play, as you have to find the right angle and hold it completely still, otherwise you just get some irritating double vision effect. It's a poor gimmick, ya hear me Nintendo! It's also been out a year and there are only like 3 or 4 games out that appeal to me, which is in stark contrast to the DS.

Oh how I loved the DS, this 3D clown is just a pretender.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Thief » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:55 pm

Turn off the 3D and give the library some time. Before you know it games will be coming out that appeal to you.

Thief has received a thanks from: mue 26
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:19 pm

mue 26 wrote: Rage at Nintendo. So, I've ended up with a 3DS today. I personally wouldn't have got a 3DS as I fundamentally disagree with Nintedo's decision to region lock it, alas it's not for me. I also played a bit of New Super mario bros 2, and I don't know why, but that game just makes me feel angry. Also, the 3D effect in that game is utterly pants, all it does is blur the background so I can't see the detail :s. I don't expect the 3D to be best shown off by a 2D game, but still the 3D seems completely unsuited to portable play, as you have to find the right angle and hold it completely still, otherwise you just get some irritating double vision effect. It's a poor gimmick, ya hear me Nintendo! It's also been out a year and there are only like 3 or 4 games out that appeal to me, which is in stark contrast to the DS.

not sure if it's released in Europe but if it is get tales of the abyss, great game apparently
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:02 pm

mue 26 wrote: Rage at Nintendo. So, I've ended up with a 3DS today. I personally wouldn't have got a 3DS as I fundamentally disagree with Nintedo's decision to region lock it, alas it's not for me. I also played a bit of New Super mario bros 2, and I don't know why, but that game just makes me feel angry. Also, the 3D effect in that game is utterly pants, all it does is blur the background so I can't see the detail :s. I don't expect the 3D to be best shown off by a 2D game, but still the 3D seems completely unsuited to portable play, as you have to find the right angle and hold it completely still, otherwise you just get some irritating double vision effect. It's a poor gimmick, ya hear me Nintendo! It's also been out a year and there are only like 3 or 4 games out that appeal to me, which is in stark contrast to the DS.

Migty Switch Force in Eshop if you like old school platformers and Soul Of Darkness if you like Castevania. Games I been playing most on it
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Sonikku » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:20 pm

redline wrote: gaming thought of the day: ive still got jet set radio future for the xbox (playable on the 360) which i have not completed yet. i really need to finish it!

I can't even play mine. (My JSR disc is the dual pack disc included with later generation Xbox consoles) Ironic that the backwards compatibility software on my 360 works with both of the games on the disc in their own individual separate releases, but not together on the hybrid console pack in. :sad:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:26 pm

just finished sleeping dogs, great game would recommend to anyone.

now to explore hong kong and get all the small collectibles it has to offer

south carmain has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:32 pm

Got it for the missus' Christmas present. She got me Absolution with DLC for the Agent 47 suit. I thought it was a nice touch that it was included. Good way to encourage gamers to buy the publisher's other releases.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:40 pm

Ryudo wrote:

Migty Switch Force in Eshop if you like old school platformers and Soul Of Darkness if you like Castevania. Games I been playing most on it

Yeah, Mighty Switch Force is pretty darn good. I was also surprised by how good Soul of Darkness was, considering it's a Castlevania rip off. I'd also recommend Crimson Shroud, if you like dungeon crawler RPGs, mue. It's dark, atmospheric and the battle system is pretty unique (it's got five stars on the eShop for a reason!).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Sonikku wrote:
redline wrote: gaming thought of the day: ive still got jet set radio future for the xbox (playable on the 360) which i have not completed yet. i really need to finish it!

I can't even play mine. (My JSR disc is the dual pack disc included with later generation Xbox consoles) Ironic that the backwards compatibility software on my 360 works with both of the games on the disc in their own individual separate releases, but not together on the hybrid console pack in. :sad:

They may have patched that by now. When JSR HD was being talked about round here, I found that disk with Sega GT also on it, popped it in, selected JSRF and it worked right away. It was on a black 360, if that makes any difference...

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Sonikku
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:46 pm

I saw a Wii U in person for the first time today at a game demo kiosk. What first struck me was how much longer the unit was than what I had pictured in my head from looking at all the box art/adverts for the thing since it's release. It was so long, big and black that I had to suppress the urge to get on my knees in it's presence. :shock:

Sonikku has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Segata Sanshiro Jr., wude
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Thief » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:34 pm

Can you play Out Run in any of the Shenmue games? Well... I'm pretty sure you can't in Shenmue 1 so can you in Shenmue 2? I never came across a machine while playing.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:42 pm

You can find it in the pine arcade (golden qtr).

Samanosuke Akechi has received a thanks from: Thief
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming