Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:13 pm

Seems Deadly Premonition Director's Cut was delayed until April at least :(

Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:55 pm

Bluecast has received a thanks from: wude
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:29 am

http://kotaku.com/5912697/does-this-dra ... ss-you-off

Capcom claimed that after such distaste for this practice, they're now "re-evaluating" the decision to include locked content that they say would make it more compatible and reduce the need for patches.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/23/wh ... tail-game/

As it turns out, I’m sorry but unfortunately there were major technical limitations that would couldn’t allow for a digital upgrade path.

So the reason Dragon's dogma had on disc DLC was because it was made to be open for DLC, but the reason Capcom is forcing a 40$ expansion is because the game wasn't built for DLC
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:17 am

Yakuza 5:

Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby redline » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:11 am

just played the mg rising demo on ps3 & playing dead space 3 demo now on the ps3. both seem good.

i would of tried them on xbox but you need to have a xbox live gold account to download them, even though they are free - what a rip off
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Vyse Hazuky wrote: Yakuza 5:

OM NOM NOM..

Crimson Ryan has received 2 thanks from: OL, wude
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:32 pm

dan_mackers wrote:This might not be that useful because it's not really retro, but I think this is the best example of how big chain stores have utter contempt for their customers and don't actually 'care' about gaming or whatever.

When GAME were having their financial trouble and it looked like they were going to close completely, EA (among others) prohibited them from selling certain products of theirs, one of which being Mass Effect 3. I was so shocked when I saw what they did next, I actually took a photo -

So their solution to not being able to sell Mass Effect 3 was to put it's 2 year old prequel in the #1 chart slot, with a sticker conveniently covering the title number. Wonder how many mum's, etc got duped into buying the wrong game, just disgraceful really.

- From another forum I lurk.

Bambi has received a thanks from: KiBa
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:05 pm

I remember my grandfather telling me back when he got home from the war that shopkeepers would take pride in running a good business. Always standing by their work, having products that they knew were quality and always treating their customers right with an unspoken code of mutual respect and fair dealing. I really like to imagine the world being like that sometimes. Instead of the kind of the misleading, morally bankrupt "Bleed em' for what you can, when you can, for as long as you can" every man for himself mentality businesses everywhere seem to have adopted since.

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, KiBa
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:32 pm

Sonikku wrote: I remember my grandfather telling me back when he got home from the war that shopkeepers would take pride in running a good business. Always standing by their work, having products that they knew were quality and always treating their customers right with an unspoken code of mutual respect and fair dealing. I really like to imagine the world being like that sometimes. Instead of the kind of the misleading, morally bankrupt "Bleed em' for what you can, when you can, for as long as you can" every man for himself mentality businesses everywhere seem to have adopted since.

back then everything was a lot more community based though, nowadays those giving the orders couldn't be more detached from the general populace, the closest they get to us is the numbers on their charts

south carmain has received 3 thanks from: KiBa, MiTT3NZ, OL
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:06 pm

To be fair, this shit's been goin on waaayyy before now, and the type of shops you're talking about still exist. The friendly local store never went away, it's just that more chain stores have cropped up over the last fifty years. That's what happens as technology develops.

As for GAME, I expect nothing less from them. Pay £2.50 in store credit for a game three months after release, then go onto sell it for £35. It's pretty standard for you to get a sixth of it's resell value (or a third at really good places), but the likes of GAME and HMV have always taken the piss.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: KiBa
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:27 pm

I was stunned when they gave me £20 for XCom, TBH.

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: KiBa
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:48 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csw8zSKKueo[/youtube]
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:53 pm

^ Makes Kaizo Mario look easy.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:55 pm

south carmain wrote:
Sonikku wrote: I remember my grandfather telling me back when he got home from the war that shopkeepers would take pride in running a good business. Always standing by their work, having products that they knew were quality and always treating their customers right with an unspoken code of mutual respect and fair dealing. I really like to imagine the world being like that sometimes. Instead of the kind of the misleading, morally bankrupt "Bleed em' for what you can, when you can, for as long as you can" every man for himself mentality businesses everywhere seem to have adopted since.

back then everything was a lot more community based though, nowadays those giving the orders couldn't be more detached from the general populace, the closest they get to us is the numbers on their charts

I guess it's a lot easier to screw over people with deception and misleading sales tactics when you're so far detached from seeing the consequences of your behavior that the fallout might as well be out of sight, out of mind. At least in this case no one is going to starve because they bought the wrong video game, I suppose. Perhaps that helps when attempting to rationalize such behavior.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: KiBa
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:19 pm

I tried explaining the plot of Xenoblade to my sister. The only thing she had to say was "So...mechon are basically Daleks?"
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming