Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:04 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
Ryudo wrote: Image

People whine how this gen lacks JRPG's or RPG's. This is not every RPG this gen by any means. This however is some of the best this gen and would be just as worthy as past gens if not more so. (btw as I am typing realize I forgot to put in Fallout 3) This gen may have started and end with FPS Military games being the most popular but fans of RPG's or more so JRPG's this was still a very good generation. Still is. The only tragic thing in this picture is no Final Fantasy as it has fallen far,however the creator of that series had an answer..2 in fact. Lost Odyssey & The Last Story. He even decided to make up for lack of Dragon Quest with Blue Dragon. Ni no Kuni/3D dot game heroes is a nod to the PSone/SNES era and Xenoblade and TLS keep a familiar face while mixing up the formula or just altering it in a total 180.

Anyway it was a very good gen for RPG's and while it may not be as many as PS2/PSone/SNES era the quality is still very much there.

I think the majority of people who'd say that play stuff like Mass Effect 3 or Mugen souls. I think if you want to reach the great RPGs of this gen you need to scratch to get a bit deeper.

They spelled my name wrong and cut out a line about an RPG I'm making in the Indiecade east panels description.

I fully agree. I'm just saying I'm tired of people going on like the JRPG is dead or true RPG's are dead. Ok so Fallout 3 and ME got some hype and are a mix of shooting and RPG. Even Skyrim or Witcher is there or JRPG fans plenty there. Just most might write it off because of the system it's on which is flat out stupid.

Not long ago I was one of them maybe until 2011 or so as in oh this gen sucks cuz it has no rpgzzzzzzzzzz..cuz yea all zem shooterzzzzzz damnz.

Side note got a reply from Xseed

Thank you for the kind words of support, but afraid that we have no plans to localize Earth Seeker.

Wish that I had better news for you, but hopefully us recently announcing Pandora's Tower will help soften the blow a little bit.

Ken
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:32 am

Well people still say Xenoblade is a last gen game even though its bigger then 360, pc and ps3 stuff.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:44 am

They are idiots. It was released in 2010-2011 so it's this gen and they can honestly fuck off CUZ THE WIIZ MEGHURTZ TOO THLOW GWAFICZ SUX SO TIZ LAST GENZ.
If they go by that logic so is any console RPG on 360/PS3 because it's not as advanced as PC.
Last edited by Bluecast on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby south carmain » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:46 am

Ryudo wrote: CUZ THE WIIZ MEGHURTZ TOO THLOW GWAFICZ SUX SO TIZ LAST GENZ.

lol I thought you were speaking german there for a sec

south carmain has received a thanks from: Bluecast
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:58 am

BOOBEES!

Last edited by Bluecast on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:03 am

Ryudo wrote: BOOBEES!

http://i.imgur.com/sfZcl.jpg

Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:32 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nh9MBcidik[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:56 am

Yeah there's been a few particularly good JRPG's this gen, still, it's not been much cop compared to the last gen. The PS2 era was like a boom time for great JRPG's, and the thing is, I'm not even aware of half of the great ones that were released in that era, as many never even left Japan. It's not that the quality of JRPG's on big consoles this gen has dropped, just that the volume has dramatically. The western style RPG seems to have had a renaissance of sorts in comparison.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:00 am

lol, only on here can people bicker about playing Dickinson's Real Deal with collector's edition games. Things are only worth however much someone is willing to pay for them.

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: Axm, OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:04 am

So GungHo (Ragnarok developer, also owner of developers Acquire [Tenchu series, Way of the Samurai series] & Game Arts [Grandia, Lunar, Dokuro, Gungriffon]) has just bought Grasshopper Manufacture.

GungHo Online Entertainment BRINGS ON SUDA51 Development Studio, Grasshopper Manufacture

Japanese Publisher Bolsters In-house Development Talent as Innovative Team Led by Legendary Game Designer, Goichi Suda, Joins Stellar Lineup Alongside Game Arts, Acquire, and GRAVITY

TOKYO, JAPAN (January 30, 2013) – GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc. (GOE) today announced it has acquired game development studio GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC., founded and led by legendary designer Goichi Suda (SUDA51). SUDA51 and his team join GOE and will continue to work as GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE, similar to the relationship GOE has with its other leading development studios including GRAVITY, Game Arts, and Acquire. Titles already in development at the studio before the acquisition will not be affected by the deal and will continue under their current publishing terms.

GungHo Online Entertainment is an established Japanese publisher of networked multiplatform titles including mobile, and is best noted for its wildly popular Ragnarok Online series as well as the blockbuster iOS/Android game, Puzzle & Dragons, which has seen over 7 million downloads. Since its formation, the company’s vision has been to work closely with its content partners to build, grow, and sustain interactive entertainment properties with a strong online component across PC, browser, mobile, console, and handheld platforms. Its lineup includes MMORPGs such as Ragnarok Online as well as a wide range of console and handheld games including Ragnarok DS, Ragnarok Odyssey and Dokuro. GRASSHOPPER becomes the fourth prominent studio to become part of GOE’s fold, joining Ragnarok developer GRAVITY, Lunar and Grandia creator Game Arts, and Tenchu developer Acquire. GOE titles are published and supported in North America by its US subsidiary, GungHo Online Entertainment America led by Jun Iwasaki.

“We believe the strength of a publisher lies in its creative talent so with the addition of GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE and SUDA51 we are adding some of the most innovative talent in today’s gaming world to our stellar family of independently-operated studios,” said Kazuki Morishita, President and CEO of GungHo Online Entertainment. “SUDA51 projects are known to put a unique spin on every game so coupled with our proven ability to support development with AAA resources including a tailored online experience, we believe gamers will benefit from this collaboration.”

Founded by SUDA51, GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC. is well known for creating imaginative titles such as killer7, the No More Heroes series and most recently, Lollipop Chainsaw. The developer has released nearly 30 titles internationally and in Japan and has a devoted following among gamers. Under SUDA51’s leadership, the studio aspires to create games that challenge the norms with a spark of inspiration akin to the rebellious and artistic spirit of punk rock music.

“By joining GungHo Online Entertainment, we are aligning ourselves with a strong, established publishing force that will support our vision to further create inspired new games that appeal players across the world,” said GRASSHOPPER Founder and Managing Director, Goichi Suda. “The GRASSHOPPER team and I have many new ideas to share with our fans as we move forward so this union with GOE will help us realize our future plans.”

More information on upcoming GRASSHOPPER projects will be revealed in the coming months.

http://gematsu.com/2013/01/grasshopper- ... ngho-group

I guess the one positive thing about this is that Suda might be given more freedom now, instead of being a businessman and worrying about finances and publishing deals as much. The reason I say this is because he might reconsider releasing The Silver Case now. Damn, I want that game so much.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bambi » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:44 am

Classic NES Titles Available For A Limited Time On Nintendo Wii U - For Just 30p Each

• February: F-Zero (Super NES)
  • March: Punch-Out!! (NES)
  • April: Kirby’s Adventure (NES)
  • May: Super Metroid (Super NES)
  • June: Mario & Yoshi (NES)
  • July: Donkey Kong (NES)
- Original article

Bambi has received a thanks from: Axm
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:17 pm

And also a special discount on Wii U virtual console games that you've bought on the VC already. :lol:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:27 pm

If you really don't care about the new features and don't want to pay 1$ you could always just keep playing it on the Wii VC.

I'll likely spend the 15$ to migrate all mys stuff because offscreen play is something i do alot.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Sonikku wrote: And also a special discount on Wii U virtual console games that you've bought on the VC already. :lol:

It's like 30 cents so not a big deal
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:40 pm

I actually wish the PSP program that was like that came to the US I ended up re-buying most of the Ys games and Legend of heroes on PSN.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming