Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:27 pm

Was in a FFIX mood today and was looking around online when I came across emulators that put the game in 1080p. I'd love to use these kind of emulators and stuff like Dolphin but it seems so much hassle having to tweak with settings all the time and then maybe 30 hours in your game will crash. It would be nice if there was just an emulator you could download and didn't have to mess around with all that crap.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Riku Rose wrote: Was in a FFIX mood today and was looking around online when I came across emulators that put the game in 1080p. I'd love to use these kind of emulators and stuff like Dolphin but it seems so much hassle having to tweak with settings all the time and then maybe 30 hours in your game will crash. It would be nice if there was just an emulator you could download and didn't have to mess around with all that crap.

It's on PSN
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:32 pm

Got the PS1 copy but emulators make it look amazing.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Tuffty » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:55 pm

Dead Space 3 is a game that we should be getting excited for, yet EA are doing their best to shovel as much of their crap into it. Whatever your thoughts on universal ammo or co-op in a survival horror game may be, I think we can all agree that microtransactions in a full retail game plus having the true ending hidden away behind future DLC (hmmmm sounds familiar) is much worse. Though Visceral haven't been doing themselves favours either. They said they wouldn't take advantage of the power behind PC because they wanted all versions to be the same as each other, even going to the point of suggesting that keyboard and mouse control is something we should all be grateful for that they included.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:00 pm

New Zelda figures from first 4.The Zant figure has a price tag of $350 :shock:

In other news,Senator says video games bigger problems than guns. :lol:
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:07 pm

I really do believe TP had the best character designs in the series esp when some of them seem to not be zelda like but a AAA RPG from Square. Some of those enemies were creepy and dark as hell. While Wind Waker is my fave I dare say (not having played SS) TP is the most polished well made game in the series(GCN)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:36 pm

Got to disagree with you there. Twilight Princess has some awful game design. The "tutorial" and opening lasts for four hours. Too much hand holding nonsense. Still need to get back to it and play it again, but yeah, it took me three times to muster up the energy to get past that slog of an opener, it was incredibly boring and over long. So is the first dungeon...
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:38 pm

Well I do plan a mass playing my PSvita in public next week.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Tuffty wrote: Dead Space 3 is a game that we should be getting excited for, yet EA are doing their best to shovel as much of their crap into it. Whatever your thoughts on universal ammo or co-op in a survival horror game may be, I think we can all agree that microtransactions in a full retail game plus having the true ending hidden away behind future DLC (hmmmm sounds familiar) is much worse. Though Visceral haven't been doing themselves favours either. They said they wouldn't take advantage of the power behind PC because they wanted all versions to be the same as each other, even going to the point of suggesting that keyboard and mouse control is something we should all be grateful for that they included.

I played the demo and despite being a very big fan of the first 2 games...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWWcOSpmJdw[/youtube]
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Kenny » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:29 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Got to disagree with you there. Twilight Princess has some awful game design. The "tutorial" and opening lasts for four hours. Too much hand holding nonsense. Still need to get back to it and play it again, but yeah, it took me three times to muster up the energy to get past that slog of an opener, it was incredibly boring and over long. So is the first dungeon...

Totally. The only designs I liked were the traditional characters like Ganon, Zelda, and Link. But everything else looked like a very derivative anime design, with the zig-zag symbols and neon lights. Not to mention that stupid, cat Pokémon creature thing.

The actual game design was alright, but I didn't find it engaging. I don't think anything will ever match Ocarina in terms of level design, for some reason they hit all the right notes with that game (except the Water Temple). Everytime I play it, some weird thing sets off in my brain and demands I replay it over and over. It's simply so immersive and addicting. Same with other classic N64 games like Mario and Star Fox, I don't know how they did it but they cracked a formula that made these titles absolutely legendary over time.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:32 pm

Because they're all built off SNES games but with an added layer of interactivity.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bambi
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:42 pm

^*NES*

I have no idea what TP is like after the first dungeon, but if that is any indication then it's really boring.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:49 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: ^*NES*

I have no idea what TP is like after the first dungeon, but if that is any indication then it's really boring.

Well by association yes. But FF7 started as an n64 remake of 6, OOT started as a tech demo of alttp stages running in 3d. I liked the evolution of stuff when it was the same idea with a new layer instead of trying to change something completely or run with just one idea that was popular.

To be honest Zelda is far more guilty of trying to fix whats not broken then being too much of the same. Phantom Hourglass and skyward sword especially show how confused Nintendo is when it comes to making Zelda games.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm still waiting for a spaghetti western or space cowboy Zelda game.

That would fuckin' rock.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Will never get the love for OoT besides nostalgia.It broke grounds in 1998 yes but best ever.No. Not even. Good game but to me the most overrated game in history.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: OL
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming