Bays TMNT --- They come from space

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Bays TMNT --- They come from space

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:18 pm

I loved the comic books so fucking much when I read them around 2006 or 2007, fell in love with TMNT all over again at that point. Krangs race, in the comics, are hidden inside all the workers in a TGRI like facility, the whole building is actually a space ship, the human suits have the brain creatures inside their bellies, kinda like krangs "body" in the original show. I mean TMNT has space connections, but its still a really out of place plot element to have them be from space. They grew up in the grit and grime of the NY sewers and that vastly impacted each of their characters, you cant just throw that into a different scenerio and be like "they are still the same". But thats still just speculation on one direction the movie COULD go, really need a trailer to be sure.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:50 am

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:42 pm

http://www.examiner.com/article/paramou ... les-reboot

Hopefully they pull the plug, or atleast completely change it, before the pre-production really gets under way. still, we are looking at 2014 before it even comes out, most likely. I didnt even know they hadnt started filming it yet... I thought it was well into production already.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:39 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:50 am

The first Turtles designs revealed...well then....

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:00 am

Ironically, that looks a lot like some of the dumb shite they used to do in the comic.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:21 am

The script leaked. I'm almost done reading it.

"Jesus fucking christ" is all I can really say. Paramount hated this script so much they ordered them to write another one which is what delayed the project in the first place.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:28 am

Kenny wrote:The script leaked. I'm almost done reading it.

"Jesus fucking christ" is all I can really say. Paramount hated this script so much they ordered them to write another one which is what delayed the project in the first place.

So how many explosions and Megan Fox?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:11 am

After 30 pages, there are lots of explosions and action scenes. And Megan Fox is called April o'Niel in this one. And she loves Apple products too.

And Casey Jones is a ripoff of Shia from Trasnformers.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:23 am

Apple products? As in the fruit?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEZVZ-2k6Po[/youtube]

Thief has received a thanks from: OL
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:46 am

Kenny wrote:After 30 pages, there are lots of explosions and action scenes. And Megan Fox is called April o'Niel in this one. And she loves Apple products too.

And Casey Jones is a ripoff of Shia from Trasnformers.

:lol: Sounds about right. You know TMNT should be just an entertaining romp. A bit of mix of the source material but unlike the comics have some humor. Wait they did that in the 1990 film. I have no problem with a remake or reboot. But just wish someone better was at the helm. Not asking for a Nolan or even Whedon(tho Whedon might be a good choice) but almost anyone other than bay. Bay is good if you just want pure flash and for some that's cool but taking a loved franchise and doing whatever you want is not the way to go. JJ did an amazing job with Star Trek. Sure it's dumbed down and more action but still kept the spirit.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:44 am

No Turtles film can be done "right" coz of how many different iterations there are. The comic version's fuckin shite with too much outer-space, aliens, and interstellar technological crap. The original cartoon was funny, but had no real substance. The Next Mutation was awful. Films were at least entertaining, and the 03 cartoon was gettin it right til it followed the comics into outer space.

The Turtles are beyond saving, despite any faithful remakes or total reboots, coz nobody has a concrete idea of what the Turtles is. They know who the characters are, but aside from the 80s cartoon intro and TMNT vs Shredder, nobody knows their story. Coz they don't have an interesting one aside from that. And what's the point in constantly rehashing the whole "let's defeat the foot and the Shredder, now let's discover our origin story" over and over and over again?

...and I still reckon fanboys were bleedin from their minges about Bay. He was producing, Eastman or Laird were writing the script, and someone else was directing. If anything, Bay would be the most reliable member of staff there, coz the original Turtles writers were god awful.

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: OL, Who Really Cares?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Kenny » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:48 am

TMNT started out as a joke, I think. It was a big parody of other things that came out at the time. Its creators always took it lightheartedly.

The thing that they really get wrong with this script is that they take this subject matter about the turtles, krang, the techodrome, bebop and rocksteady (yes these things are all in the script) way too seriously. It got really boring to read after awhile, there's no sense of fun and adventure that made the cartoon and the first two movies enjoyable to watch as a kid.

You can't take TMNT and make a LOTR type story out of it. They even put some half-assed plot about them being trained and all to fulfill from prophecy, or some dumb shit like that. They had some good ideas in there though, like the turtles being brought in to this alternate dimension from their original world where things are the same but different (like how the Star Trek reboot did it). They just need to take it alot less seriously.

Kenny has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:20 pm

Funny how the comic was a piss take on the whole "grim n gritty" thing and this script sounds to be goin down the X-Men/Batman Begins route.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Sonikku » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:04 pm

Kenny wrote:The script leaked. I'm almost done reading it.

When Hollywood thinks a script is pure trash you know things have hit rock bottom. The turtles to me were the best in the first film. No space aliens, no absurd technology. Just a film with a strong sense of family and occasionally a little darkness with fun along the way.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Kenny
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic