The Game Of Thrones TV topic

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: The Game Of Thrones TV topic

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:32 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: Yeah, well that's it, should I wait for the next Season or just read the books? I don't feel like it'd ruin seeing it on the show, since you've obviously read the books yourself, right?

Please just read the books, Spence. I finally had the chance of seeing Season 2, and while it is still a solid telling, there is so much they are leaving behind now/versus the first season (important scenes, powerful details, whole characters), that it makes my heart sad.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Calshot » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:59 pm

The first season was a pretty close adaptation. The third season has shuffled some stuff around, but it's also been pretty faithful. The second season though had changes that a vocal portion of book readers thought were completely unnecessary.

The House of the Undying was the event that most of them complained about. In the book, the House of the Undying has a lot of foreshadowing and other neat stuff. In the show, all we get is the return of Jason Momoa. Jason's great, but the book version is a whole lot grander.

Calshot has received a thanks from: ThyDarkAngel
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:57 pm

phpBB [video]
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Calshot » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:52 am

Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:39 am

I actually don't mind the changes they made to the House of Undying but I wish some bits had been more like the book[Only open doors on 1 side, Very Long dark corridor and so on]

One it would have been way to obvious if they had the Red wedding part in it
plus what she sees could very well be shown in the final episode

And They always addressed the fact they need to start telling more about her family and I dare say those scenes could come into the show later once they cast some worth while actors for those roles. They already mentioned more about them this season than in 1 and 2 so maybe they wanted to save that?

And the other stuff just may not be important enough to actually put in the show cause it appears Martin may be a fan of red herrings?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Kenny » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:13 pm

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire, Thief
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Sonikku » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:38 pm

That Theon. I know just how he feels!

Sonikku has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Very good episode but the part with Danny felt rushed? Think they should have ended it on something else and nice to see Arya do some killing.

Good thing they didn't show the be heading of Robb as I think that would have pushed fans over even more
:lol:
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Good to have a Game of Thrones episode that actually had an air of positivity*, nice way to end the season.

*Even though in GoT terms, in this case "positivity" is basically gonna inevitably involve yet more killing and slaughter.

Like hoping that Theon's sister succeeds in storming Ramsay Bolton's fort, though only "fifty of the Iron Islands' best killers" doesn't seem like very many men to storm a stronghold. Like, at all. I'm sure there will be some fine fights though. :D

And;

Epic ending. Showing Daenerys all smiley and radiantly beautiful again. Then it pans out to the huge crowd, and then the dragons. Great way to end. She seems to be amassing quite the hoardes of followers now, doesn't she? An army of capable and flawlessly disciplined "Unsullieds", whatever forces Dario brought, her dragons, and now this new huge crowd of freed slave followers. Quite a few Hard Men at her side as well, Dario, Ser Jorah, Grey Worm and Ser Barristan (who I'm quite pissed off at going all three seasons without seeing the legend fight, btw). Why isn't her last Bloodrider there anymore though? He was probably the most truly loyal out of the lot of them, and was almost certainly capable enough with that blade to stand among the aforementioned entourage?
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:24 pm

I didn't think it was the seasons best, but it did have some good parts. My favorite? When Tywin more or less sends the king to bed without supper for being very naughty. :lol: What a little bitch.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:40 pm

Haha I forgot about that, that was awesome! :lol:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:18 am

That scene was awesome.

phpBB [video]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:45 pm

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:29 pm

Well I watched the last two episodes of Season 3 last night as my friend had been yelling at me as he wanted to talk about the wedding.

It was a bit unexpected but I'm not really sad Rob or his mother is gone. I never liked her as her role seemed to be putting a downer on everything. As for Rob I never really fell in love with the character as I never felt like he was in it enough. I was more worried that Arya would get caught up in it all somehow and die.

Overall though it's one of the best shows on TV at the moment. I'll happily hand that crown over when Breaking Bad finishes in a few months.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:36 pm

Robb :P

I wish they had done this as it was a little rushed in the show[but still happy they included it]...

I can see why they didn't end Arya's bit during the wedding like it is in the Books

Fans might have died if they thought the Hound had killed her with an axe to the back of the head
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic