So, Martin's Back..

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Postby Spokane » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:36 pm

Kenny wrote:Well on the subject, i'd like to see Dorian return. Sure, he was dripping with male PMS but he can strike a solid conversation and constructive argument from time to time.



I told him we would like to see him again so its up to him to act on his own now.
User avatar
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III
 
Joined: July 2003
Location: Spokane,State of Washington (Not DC you idiot),USA
PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:38 pm

Kenny wrote:The number of people coming in and speaking out is somewhat startling to me. I had no idea there were a few more who thought the same.

It makes me feel kind of bad I didn't bring it up and become more aggressive about it sooner. Then it wouldn't have come to this.


I wanted to bring it up plenty of time but knew the delete button would just be used. Mittens helped with the fact his topic had a page or two so people knew it existed before Ryudo could delete it before people see it.
User avatar
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2006
Location: Kent, England
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Postby Peter » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Thankfully the deletion of posts debacle started with me, mitts and someone else talking about hip hop. I left for bed knowing about it, and when i came back on the next morning and seen what had happened, i opened a topic in the Staff Discussion forum straight away.
Image
User avatar
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: Belfast
PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Postby Spokane » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:43 pm

I remember that. That was when one of my posts was deleted too, I said that just because you perform and make rap and hip hop doesn't make you stupid, just as listening to reggae doesn't make you a pothead, just as listening to country doesn't make you a redneck. Stuff along those lines. And he just didn't agree with that and he deleted that whole line of conversation.

Because he believed that only retarded people make and listen to rap. :roll: Narrowminded as can be.
User avatar
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III
 
Joined: July 2003
Location: Spokane,State of Washington (Not DC you idiot),USA
PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Postby Kenny » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:50 pm

^Dude, you were acting like his lapdog with the way you were over-complimenting him at times.

Riku Rose wrote:
Kenny wrote:The number of people coming in and speaking out is somewhat startling to me. I had no idea there were a few more who thought the same.

It makes me feel kind of bad I didn't bring it up and become more aggressive about it sooner. Then it wouldn't have come to this.


I wanted to bring it up plenty of time but knew the delete button would just be used. Mittens helped with the fact his topic had a page or two so people knew it existed before Ryudo could delete it before people see it.


Yeah I know you guys were early vocal critics, but I tried to be less blatant my criticism since I hate starting random confrontations. Especially on a forum. It was only recently I decided to make it more obvious, which led to my own stuff being deleted in one topic.
>-Just spreading the love=<
Image

------

The new Dojo Forums where the regulars now post: http://www.tojodojo.com/forums
The one and only true Dojo.
User avatar
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III
 
Joined: November 2004
Location: Somewhere
PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Postby Spokane » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:51 pm

When? If I ever did it was to get back on his good side because I cut it close with him a few times, I probably didn't mean it much.
User avatar
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III
 
Joined: July 2003
Location: Spokane,State of Washington (Not DC you idiot),USA
PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Postby Kenny » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:56 pm

I don't feel like searching for them but that's pretty fucked up now that you said you didn't mean it. :lol:

Whenever I read those, it just felt like you were encouraging him on something he was hyper-critical on which would lead to the you-know-whats. Maybe its the psychologist in me, but I never thought that was a good idea.
Last edited by Kenny on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>-Just spreading the love=<
Image

------

The new Dojo Forums where the regulars now post: http://www.tojodojo.com/forums
The one and only true Dojo.
User avatar
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III
 
Joined: November 2004
Location: Somewhere
PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Postby Peter » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Hate to say it Spok, but you did have that "right hand man" rep.
Last edited by Peter on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: Belfast
PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Postby Stocke » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Kenny wrote:The number of people coming in and speaking out is somewhat startling to me. I had no idea there were a few more who thought the same.

It makes me feel kind of bad I didn't bring it up and become more aggressive about it sooner. Then it wouldn't have come to this.


even before i started posting here, the community seemed tightly packed, with eager discussions.

When i started having trouble with ryudo, i didn't quite get why he was kicking off as much as he did over nothing. He didn't even bother to properly explain why he was doing what he did.
I didn't bother saying anything and just stopped logging in because it seemed like you all loved the guy and he could do no wrong.
Looks like i should of actually messaged another mod or something.
User avatar
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte
 
Joined: May 2011

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Postby Spokane » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Peter wrote:Hate to say it Spok, but you did have that "right hand man" rep.


Yeah, I know what you mean. It was mostly because I was afraid of being banned if I wasn't on his good side.

I am happy he is gone, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders as far as this place goes.
User avatar
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III
 
Joined: July 2003
Location: Spokane,State of Washington (Not DC you idiot),USA
PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Postby Peter » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:03 pm

It was because you do live up to your name of Captain Obvious. You are not really opinionated, and would agree with everything a lot of the time. Not saying that's a bad thing and as you say you probably didnt want to speak out in fear of some sort of silly repercussion, but that's how you can be perceived to be untrustworthy. You gotta have an opinion on something ya know? Should never be allowed to not speak on how you feel. Always be true to yourself, otherwise you are just letting yourself down.
Image
User avatar
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III
 
Joined: February 2004
Location: Belfast
PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Postby Spokane » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:08 pm

That the whole point of this, no opinion could be said with him around out of fear of him not feeling the same way. But I generally really do share the same taste in games with him, but like if I were to get GTA IV ans post it I would have to expect him to be rude about it. That was one of his things that pissed me off. If it wasn't something he liked then it wasn't good.
User avatar
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III
 
Joined: July 2003
Location: Spokane,State of Washington (Not DC you idiot),USA
PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:10 pm

Should we ban Spokane? let us vote as a community!






Just kidding sweetheart :D
User avatar
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist
 
Joined: October 2003
Location: at the new yokosuka harbor
PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Postby Yama » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:11 pm

I think Blue is a good guy and have nothing against him personally, I'm not going to bash him like a ton are now suddenly doing. A decent amount of people bashing were the same few claiming he was the glue that tied the Dojo together. Plain and simple, he messed up and perhaps he was that glue during another era, but not this one. Needless to say, one mistake doesn't totally change how I feel about a person. If he were to post as a regular user, I doubt anyone would truly oppose it, at least not now while on level ground. At the very least I give my props in saying that he knew he wasn't mod material anymore, so left on his own accord. Obviously the rest was inevitable, but the fact that he did it himself, I have a level of respect for that (outside of de-modding someone else). I still like Blue and always will, in fact it'll be easier to have a friendship without the stresses of him having to staff it up here.
Image

Yama has received a thanks from: Bluecast
User avatar
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner
 
Joined: December 2003
Location: Los Angeles
PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: So, Martin's Unbanned..

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:14 pm

well now that I have the ability to make him as a foe so I don't have to see his posts I'm fine with it
User avatar
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"
 
Joined: February 2012
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000-
ShenmueDojo.net