Oculus Rift + nullDC + Shenmue

(Modding and other series related projects)

Oculus Rift + nullDC + Shenmue

Postby Treamcaster » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:28 pm

Hey all! I don't know if you've already heard about the new VR gadget around that is set to revolutionize the world of video-gaming.. it's called oculus rift.
Well, I was just wondering how cool would it be if by some miracle, some ingenious programmer would implement it in the future, somehow on the nulldc emu, reverse-engineer the Shenmue game so we would be able to live the life of Ryo in the first person, in his virtual world. Picture yourself wandering around the docks of Yokozuka and what not. I know this will never become true, but you know, I wanted to share this idea with you guys and hear what you think about it. :rotflmao:

Treamcaster has received a thanks from: KiBa
Treamcaster
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Re: Oculus Rift + nullDC + Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:53 pm

how about you post some videos and information about what you're actually talking about that way more people will be able to respond
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby KiBa » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:24 am

Oculus looks great. I don't think a Shenmue-like game would work in regard to the third-person fighting and QTEs and so forth, but there's no reason why you couldn't implement first-person exploration. It's really fun looking. Thanks, Treamcaster. I hadn't heard of it before.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Stocke » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:18 am

south carmain wrote: how about you post some videos and information about what you're actually talking about that way more people will be able to respond

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=oculus+rift

I think it looks great! looking forward to what comes from it too.

Getting shenmue to work in the way you described is a bit of a stretch though Treamcaster :lol: still, it would be amazing.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:32 am

Stocke wrote:
south carmain wrote: how about you post some videos and information about what you're actually talking about that way more people will be able to respond

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=oculus+rift

I think it looks great! looking forward to what comes from it too.

Getting shenmue to work in the way you described is a bit of a stretch though Treamcaster :lol: still, it would be amazing.

I was giving him advise on how to get more responses because most people wouldn't be bothered to search it, not for me :roll:
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby mrslig100 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:45 am

Its nothing new, its been done many times, its just a pair of televisual glasses, I got 2 pairs of them from a car boot sale not long ago. not these branded ones just a normal pair, well ill look into it for you all.
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Return to Community Projects