Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:18 pm

Gives you a buzz though, dunnit? Whenever I take a break from smokin I fill the void by drinkin shitloadsa ice cold filtered water n workin out to give me the energy I'm missin...

...but then I get lazy n go back to smokin coz I'm about as healthy as a cig anyway.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Kenny » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:27 pm

I hacked my script TECH for a good while now, it's down to about 135 pages from 149 pages, and i'm pretty disappointed in the final result.

The goal is still to keep it industry standard 115-120 pgs. Hopefully I can get to that sooner rather than later.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:49 am

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Thief » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:56 am

I never wear shirts with more than one or two words on them. It's a rule of mine.

Just a random thought.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:57 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: You guys are either retarded or former bully victims. Kids with gay parents = constant and easy target. Bullyin the likes of poor kids is situation specific, bullyin Muslims isn't likely to have as much effect due to the chances of there being much more than one at the school, kids with difficulties are usually in 'special' classes and generally don't interact with everyone else as they have different schedules.

Kids with gay parents though... How many does anyone here know? Chances are, they'd be the only one at their school who has, as it'll take a good few generations before there's a large enough number of them.

I don't care what anyone says, it's flat out unfair on the child. You can argue the fuck all you want about gay people having rights n shit, fair enough, I don't have a problem with that, but kids? You can't honestly condemn one to an absolute certainty of constant bullying throughout their childhood. Peeps say every kid gets bullied anyway, and that's bullshit. Only bully victims say that.

I usually joke about and say that anyone who opposes my opinion is automatically wrong, but in this case it's true, and if you think otherwise, then you really need to re-evaluate your bedroom level knowledge of society and social hierarchy.

Seriously, some of the self-righteous bullshit on the internet about how socially inept idiots reckon the world should be is flat out ridiculous, and is really startin to grind my fucking gears.

Actually when I was teaching I had a fair number or children being raised by gay couples. For the most part I haven't seen much bullying, but homosexuality is mostly accepted here. Even so, saying gay people shouldn't have kids, because those kids will be bullied is like saying women who get raped were asking for it by being women. No matter how many people try to accept it, its not right. Also depending on the household, it could be the best thing to ever happen to a child that was born from a druggie and a rapist, or through incest. Allowing responsible adults raise a child should never be an issue and in my experience hasn't been.

Beyond that, I have been bullied for being a short, bisexual, nerd, Carib with light skin. I got bullied because I was smaller, and because I was "gay", and because of my hobbies, and snooty white kids hated me for being an "injun" while dumb black kids called me a "honky". Even so I don't think I'd ever change it, I wasn't a victim, I took what happened and let it make me stronger. The biggest thing I got out of it is that I stopped caring about what I thought the world should be, and started caring about what I think it is. Understanding hardship allows a person to speak from experience, granted its important to stay objective and fix the problem, it is not an automatic detractor from a person's input, they may still be able to see the situation rationally and be able to do good.

If I let social norms dictate how I live my life, I'd have let that Spaniard prick beat me to death in Condado. I resist the things I see as wrong not only for my own sake but for those around me.

at the end of the day, you can say I'm wrong, but I've dealt with these issues first hand, and seen good come of it, I've got experience.
Last edited by Segata Sanshiro Jr. on Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, Dorian, Sonikku
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:05 am

Bluecast wrote: I have changed my diet last few weeks to more salads and fruits. Rakim just posted the worst thing I have ever seen and actually pisses me off...in a good way. I just went downstairs to the gym and did a 30 min cardio. 3 5 min sets on the treadmill. Then 2 5 min sets on the rowing machine. Damn I feel like a wet noodle

Just did 3 sets of 10 push ups
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:14 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: You guys are either retarded or former bully victims. Kids with gay parents = constant and easy target. Bullyin the likes of poor kids is situation specific, bullyin Muslims isn't likely to have as much effect due to the chances of there being much more than one at the school, kids with difficulties are usually in 'special' classes and generally don't interact with everyone else as they have different schedules.

Kids with gay parents though... How many does anyone here know? Chances are, they'd be the only one at their school who has, as it'll take a good few generations before there's a large enough number of them.

I don't care what anyone says, it's flat out unfair on the child. You can argue the fuck all you want about gay people having rights n shit, fair enough, I don't have a problem with that, but kids? You can't honestly condemn one to an absolute certainty of constant bullying throughout their childhood. Peeps say every kid gets bullied anyway, and that's bullshit. Only bully victims say that.

I usually joke about and say that anyone who opposes my opinion is automatically wrong, but in this case it's true, and if you think otherwise, then you really need to re-evaluate your bedroom level knowledge of society and social hierarchy.

Seriously, some of the self-righteous bullshit on the internet about how socially inept idiots reckon the world should be is flat out ridiculous, and is really startin to grind my fucking gears.

Actually when I was teaching I had a fair number or children being raised by gay couples. For the most part I haven't seen much bullying, but homosexuality is mostly accepted here. Even so, saying gay people shouldn't have kids, because those kids will be bullied is like saying women who get raped were asking for it by being women. No matter how many people try to accept it, its not right. Also depending on the household, it could be the best thing to ever happen to a child that was born from a druggie and a rapist, or through incest. Allowing responsible adults raise a child should never be an issue and in my experience hasn't been.

Beyond that, I have been bullied for being a short, bisexual, nerd, Carib with light skin. I got bullied because I was smaller, and because I was "gay", and because of my hobbies, and snooty white kids hated me for being an "injun" while dumb black kids called me a "honky". Even so I don't think I'd ever change it, I wasn't a victim, I took what happened and let it make me stronger. The biggest thing I got out of it is that I stopped caring about what I thought the world should be, and started caring about what I think it is. Understanding hardship allows a person to speak from experience, granted its important to stay objective and fix the problem, it is not an automatic detractor from a person's input, they may still be able to see the situation rationally and be able to do good.

If I let social norms dictate how I live my life, I'd have let that Spaniard prick beat me to death in Condado. I resist the things I see as wrong not only for my own sake but for those around me.

at the end of the day, you can say I'm wrong, but I've dealt with these issues first hand, and seen good come of it, I've got experience.

I know the gay SD member jokes are old but this is a post of expression. I can't choose to be gay. I know I tried because of this man. I keep telling my penis hey this guy is pretty awesome. Penis says leave me alone dickhead. So I realize it's guy love but nothing gay about it. I guess I would be JD.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:26 am

Like the straight hair dresser in Cecil B. Demented.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:15 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Actually when I was teaching I had a fair number or children being raised by gay couples. For the most part I haven't seen much bullying, but homosexuality is mostly accepted here.

Teachers tend to know very little about what actually goes on.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Even so, saying gay people shouldn't have kids, because those kids will be bullied is like saying women who get raped were asking for it by being women.

No, it's completely different, and that's a very poor comparison. Your comparison would make more sense if it was "like saying a hooker workin a notorious rape hotspot was the pimp's fault for placing here there." And even then it'd be a poor comparison.

The bottom line is, there are kids who get bullied, and there are kids who don't get bullied. Gay parents guarantee they will be the former as opposed to that latter.

When it comes to this issue, the pro-gay adoption supporters back up the gay couples who want to adopt and see things from their point of view, which is perfectly understandable and reasonable.

I, on the other hand, am looking at it purely from the kid's point of view. Imagining being in their shoes. Yes, they have the great family days and great parents, but what about that bad days? And the inevitable extremely bad days. Suicide rates amongst 15 - 25 year olds are so high nowadays that it's worrying. Kids have enough troubles at the moment with all the conflict goin on in their own heads as they struggle to adapt to such a complex world we live in. There's still kids who kill themselves becaused they're confused about their sexual orientation. You think THIS will help things?

It's totally wrong, and that's not an anti-gay statement, it comes from genuine concern for kids who're bein bullied to fuck about it right now n stayin silent about it. Shit, I know for a fact I'd have ripped on the kid with gay parents if I went to school with one, and despite some of the shit I did anyway, I had a relatively boring time at school. I can't imagine what some of the others'd do, let alone what they'd say.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:No matter how many people try to accept it, its not right. Also depending on the household, it could be the best thing to ever happen to a child that was born from a druggie and a rapist, or through incest. Allowing responsible adults raise a child should never be an issue and in my experience hasn't been.

And this is pretty much what proves my point on where people stand. There's too much focus on what type of people the parents are, and not enough on the kid's childhood, the long term ramifications of certain decisions. The best thing that could happen to a child as far as love is concerned could also be the worst thing that happens to them as far as hate is concerned. You can't just pretend that everything will be okay or that it will be the same as any other situation, because it isn't. In an ideal world, it would be, but we live in the real world, and people tend to forget that when it comes to issues like this.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Beyond that, I have been bullied for being a short, bisexual, nerd, Carib with light skin. I got bullied because I was smaller, and because I was "gay", and because of my hobbies, and snooty white kids hated me for being an "injun" while dumb black kids called me a "honky". Even so I don't think I'd ever change it, I wasn't a victim, I took what happened and let it make me stronger. The biggest thing I got out of it is that I stopped caring about what I thought the world should be, and started caring about what I think it is. Understanding hardship allows a person to speak from experience, granted its important to stay objective and fix the problem, it is not an automatic detractor from a person's input, they may still be able to see the situation rationally and be able to do good.

So, surely that means that a junkie could also lead to bringin a kid up well because they will learn through all the hardship and the pain, etc. It's also quite assumptive that all kids will find that inner strength, which again is wrong. What if the things that made your soul stronger are the same things that can crush another's spirit? It's simply not fair to turn round and say "Well I turned out fine", coz you're not everyone.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:If I let social norms dictate how I live my life, I'd have let that Spaniard prick beat me to death in Condado. I resist the things I see as wrong not only for my own sake but for those around me.

Good for you, but they are as you said, social norms. You don't conform to them, but what about the "go with the flow" people? The term "social norms" suggest "widely accepted", "mainstream", or even "regular". And the people who widely accept things, the people who follow the mainstream are typically regular people. They're regular coz of the sheer number of them. You are one, and whilst I'd encourage everybody to be one, that's not the way of the world, which is something you simply cannot ignore when it comes to a subject such as this, as that would be ignoring the truth.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:at the end of the day, you can say I'm wrong, but I've dealt with these issues first hand, and seen good come of it, I've got experience.

No man, they're different issues, and you're obviously finding it difficult to see that. You were a victim of racism. This has nothing to do with race. And you're also saying that something good came out of something bad, which is great. But what about when something good DOESN'T come out of it? This is what I'm sayin. I went through depression and essentially lost my identity, but I had an epiphany and got myself back on track. Something good came out of something bad. I also know four people (two of which were good mates) that went through depression and ended up toppin themselves.

We were the lucky ones mate, but take note of the word luck, coz not everyone's dealt the same hand, and at the end of it, someone WILL lose.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:24 am

All of it comes down to an assumption. Do you know for certain kids will be bullied?

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:49 am

Yeah, of course they would, and it comes down to assumption on both parts. It's fair to say that there are kids who will be bullied and kids who won't be bullied. And upon reflection, I've probably mispresented my views anyway. I don't think it's right that gay couples can adopt a baby at this point in time. I mentioned that it'd take generations for it to become a normal thing, or an accepted thing, at least.

And I'm probably wrong to assume that what I'm sayin would apply to the state that you live in, but I know for a fact that the UK isn't ready for that kinda shit. Fostering or adoption of a child that's already in school would work out better, but it's really something that's gotta be phased in, but you can't risk a child's long-term mental or emotional well being on something that people want to do.

I've no doubt in my mind that there are gay couples who can raise a child just as well as straight couples, of that there is no question, because whether bi straight or homo, we're all people at the end of the day, but my issue isn't with how good a job at parenting someone can do, my issue is with the child being more of an afterthought, with the political side of things being at the forefront. That shouldn't be the case.

Obviously, I'm not totally up on the procedure with gay couples adopting, but I know a few people who work for the social, and I know a few foster carers too. It would make sense that there are set terms on which schools the kids should go to (those with a very VERY low rate of bullying, and a very diverse group of children), what areas they should be raised in, etc. I know that the majority of adoption agencies look more into the parents themselves though, such as how much they drink, if they smoke, the type of company they keep, etc.

I'm not saying that gay adoption is flat out wrong, that again was assumption on my part that what I was saying was easily understood [and I now know why journalists have to do this so often] It's not wrong, it's just not the right time, and is something that needs a lot of time. This I know because schoolies up here are gettin worse by the year. It may be different on the other side of the pond, but until these stupid namby pamby laws get fucked off n parents and teachers can start to properly discipline kids again, it's not doin the idea of it all any favours whatsoever.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:52 am

50 years ago replace the word gay with blacks
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:00 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: All of it comes down to an assumption. Do you know for certain kids will be bullied?

Of course he does. The same way people knew desegregating the army was going to break down cohesion in the unit/be the harbinger of our destruction. The same way people knew allowing gays to enlist openly in her majesty's royal army and years later in the US army was going to break down cohesion in the unit/be the harbinger of our destruction. The same way people knew allowing gays to marry, have the same rights as everyone else and even adopt children was going to be a disaster when it went down in Britain. There really isn't any need for any of us to debate further. Trying to convince Mittens otherwise may as well be as successful as trying to convince Dorian to adopt a chipper attitude towards life. :P

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Dorian
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Thief » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:01 am

Kids will always get bullied regardless. There are a million reasons to bully someone, and having gay parents is just one of them. It's how the kids deal with being bullied that matters. By the time I got to middle school nobody ever fucked with me and it's because I didn't let them.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:08 am

@Ryudo: See, again with the race thing. It's completely different. Stop tryna turn this into a Straight vs Gay thing by referencing the infamous Whites vs Black thing. First off, there were more black people in the 60s than there are gay people now. Fact. Second, a black couple can decide they want a kid, fuck, 9 months later, kid. Perfectly natural. A gay couple have to apply to an adoption agency and go through a whole host of checks n shit.

It shouldn't just be to make sure that the couple are up to the task, it should also be about the kid's well-being. This is what it's about. Not gays, not blacks, not native Americans, THE KIDS. And this is what I mean about people on the "pro" side. It's all political, the kids themselves are an afterthought, so you either haven't read my post, or you essentially have an invalid opinion because you don't know what you're talking about.

@Sonikku: Don't try painting me as a homophobic. Disagreeing with communism doesn't mean I hate Russians, and despising united doesn't make me hate a united fan.

@Lamewad: No, it's not "just one of them", it's a big one. If a kid with gay parents went to any of my schools, their lives would be shattered. There's a difference between gettin ripped on and being ACTUALLY bullied. Behind actually BEING gay, having gay parents is potentially the worst for it.

EDIT: Sonikku, I went to a gay wedding back in June in Sheffield.
Last edited by MiTT3NZ on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic