Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:20 am

Peter wrote: Had a fucking fantastic night with Marcin! Drink was flowing, Irish music was going full blast..... Bet the dude will miss Beal Feirste at lot more than he thought he would!!

Plus on a side note, it was pure fucking epic to sit and talk to another bloke for a few hours about Shenmue, face to face. Never done that before in my life! An unbelievable night!!

That's cool. By the way, I thought he was supposed to be in London?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:58 am

Bluecast wrote: Where are his posts? What has he done for the forums to be so valuable?

This far outweighs anything you have ever offered to the Dojo:

QWERTY has received 4 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, OL, ThyDarkAngel, Yokosuka Martian
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:59 am

Trust the Irish guy to take a American kid and force him to drink Guinness. Anyway it's cool you two had a good time. Think it's the first at least since I've been here that two people have met in person.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby beedle » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 am

KiBa wrote: As for the debate, I don't have a TV, and don't care that much, really. I'm not apolitical, but I don't think the debates reveal much more than what we all already know. Besides, I long for escape; I am not one of those people who believe paradise is to be found in this world.

here is the presidential debate, summed up in one image http://i.imgur.com/PEjft.jpg

beedle has received a thanks from: KiBa
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:54 am

KiBa wrote:

As for the debate, I don't have a TV, and don't care that much, really. I'm not apolitical, but I don't think the debates reveal much more than what we all already know. Besides, I long for escape; I am not one of those people who believe paradise is to be found in this world.

Very well said.

Off the top of my head I can't picture a single politian alive and in a position of power that is really meaning to change anything relevant anyway.
Serve your own interests, those of your party and those of your social/financial allies and fight for a reelection to keep doing just that.
Obama is much closer to Romney on pratical terms than most would dare believe.
We need the revolution that will never come.

ThyDarkAngel has received a thanks from: KiBa
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:04 am

A revolution? And change what?

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, St. Elmo's Fire
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:09 am

The way the governments work for sustaining themselves and grow fat and bloated instead of serving the people that elect them and pay them?

ThyDarkAngel has received a thanks from: KiBa
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:19 am

As much as I'd love that to change, the cliched saying is true 90% of the time. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. That goes for any form of power. And you really can't expect that 10% to be able to run a country, as the majority would just be pussies anyway.

So long as we aren't being executed, downtrodden, or left vulnerable to attacks from other nations, a government has got the basic principles right. Revolution is a word that's thrown around a lot on the internet, but it'd take something huge and quite blatantly noticeable to warrant revolution.

MiTT3NZ has received 3 thanks from: KiBa, OL, St. Elmo's Fire
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:22 am

I notice what I stated everyday of my life.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:27 am

No you don't, you're overexaggerating to make your point. I'd like a specific example(s) if you're gonna play the all-seeing spectre card.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby beedle » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:40 am

absolute power corrupts, that's why there ought to be limits on power. something the American founding fathers* and to a lesser extent parliament realised.

*as a non american, I cannot say this phrase without cringing slightly

beedle has received 3 thanks from: KiBa, OL, St. Elmo's Fire
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:07 pm

KiBa wrote:The tax issue seems like a trick. If I were running for president, I'd say very clearly that I think the problem with government today is not too much force, or too little, but the improper application thereof. Either they apply too much force where it's not needed, or too little where it desperately is. Ergo, I would abolish most taxes, but use almost the entire amount of the revenue collected to help the poor and the sick, and then use what's left over for reasonable defense. Everything else should be left up to the states. The federal government ought not be the endless moneybag of a continent-sized federation; that is nothing else but institutional bribery on a massive scale, hence our pitiful condition today.

Your world would collapse in a few years, though. Not that it would be that bad.

Dorian has received 3 thanks from: KiBa, OL, St. Elmo's Fire
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby OL » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:36 pm

KiBa wrote: ^^ I think Dennis Miller's rapidfire-wildly-all-over-the-spectrum-of-human-thought-stream-of-consciousness humor is quite funny. I also like both beards and Bordello of Blood.

That's at least two things we agree on. :nice!:
Not sure about beards though.

OL has received a thanks from: KiBa
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby KiBa » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:12 pm

ThyDarkAngel wrote:We need the revolution that will never come.

Revolutions are usually hypocritical and useless.

beedle wrote:American founding fathers* ... *as a non american, I cannot say this phrase without cringing slightly

It's an absolutely ridiculous title, isn't it? Almost as ridiculous as the absurdly huge jaws they give 'em on coins. Laughable. I just call them the Philadelphia Lawyers.

Dorian wrote:Your world would collapse in a few years, though. Not that it would be that bad.

Oh, I don't believe that. I think loose federations last longer, are more robust, and its citizens are freer and happier. You just have to get rid of all the Russians, Chinese, Europeans, Americans, Africans, Australians, South Americans, South Pacific Islanders (including the Japanese), the Koreans, the Iranians, the Hindus, Jews, Arabs, and Canuckistanis. Or just let Putin be the dictator of Earth. Whatever.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:37 pm

KiBa wrote:Oh, I don't believe that. I think loose federations last longer, are more robust, and its citizens are freer and happier. You just have to get rid of all the Russians, Chinese, Europeans, Americans, Africans, Australians, South Americans, South Pacific Islanders (including the Japanese), the Koreans, the Iranians, the Hindus, Jews, Arabs, and Canuckistanis. Or just let Putin be the dictator of Earth. Whatever.

Oh, you're almost as funny as Voltaire. Wait, you aren't. My mistake.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic