Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:53 pm

I'm trying to see if I can get an option to a biography so I can write a biopic film, which i'm hoping would be my fourth or fifth script. I probably talked about it before, but its about someone who's really important to me and alot of other people.

In other related news, the guy who I want to play REVOLVER in DEUX is totally in. Which is good, cause I wrote the part with him in mind. No other person can tackle the character as good as he can based on his work on the short film. Now the next thing is make a feature length film that almost costs NOTHING to finance. In addition, I was thinking of filming a short experimental film about a person going crazy in the confines of his room just to work on my directorial skills some more.

Lots and lots of stuff to do. Oh my.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:05 pm

Kenny wrote: I'm trying to see if I can get an option to a biography so I can write a biopic film, which i'm hoping would be my fourth or fifth script. I probably talked about it before, but its about someone who's really important to me and alot of other people.

Cobain?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:11 pm

Ah dammit, I didn't think I revealed it on here but yes. I'm really trying to get an option to a biography based on Kurt Cobain. I'm not expecting them to be cheap at all but i'm going to negotiate an option and get to work on it IMMEDIATELY once I secure those rights.

It's possible I might have to go through the Cobain estate, which last I heard consisted of his daughter Frances Bean. But if I have to go through Courtney, so be it.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:11 pm

I've known you too long..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:14 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Kenny wrote: I'm trying to see if I can get an option to a biography so I can write a biopic film, which i'm hoping would be my fourth or fifth script. I probably talked about it before, but its about someone who's really important to me and alot of other people.

Cobain?

:lol:

Exactly what sprang to mind for me too...
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby KiBa » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Dorian wrote:
KiBa wrote:Oh, I don't believe that. I think loose federations last longer, are more robust, and its citizens are freer and happier. You just have to get rid of all the Russians, Chinese, Europeans, Americans, Africans, Australians, South Americans, South Pacific Islanders (including the Japanese), the Koreans, the Iranians, the Hindus, Jews, Arabs, and Canuckistanis. Or just let Putin be the dictator of Earth. Whatever.

Oh, you're almost as funny as Voltaire. Wait, you aren't. My mistake.

Eh? I don't read white authors.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:37 pm

I've finally decided to leave Firefox for Chrome. I have no idea how it's under Windows, but under Linux Firefox sucks with fonts. BADLY. No matter how many workarounds you use, there's always something wrong. For example, I did get quite sharp and nicely-shaped fonts in Firefox under Ubuntu, but the rendering was buggy as hell and sometimes the fonts would be bolded for no reason. Well, technically, they weren't bolded, but the rendering was so off that they looked as if they were. Nobody can give any fix to it.

Chrome, on the other hand, produces beautiful fonts right from the box and makes my browsing experience much better. Plus, it really is faster.

@Kenny: Don't do a biography about Kurt, for crying out loud. The last thing this particular dead man needs is yet another documentary, especially since Kurt Cobain's Estate=clusterfuck. Love is even more fucked up than ever now. Skanky pics on twitter, accusing Dave Grohl of sleeping with her daughter, and a war with the said daughter over Kurt Cobain's Estate itself. But more then anything, there's just nothing more to add, no matter what form that biography would take.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:41 pm

Cobain is the most overrated celeb ever and fucking boring to hear about. How much more can people say that has not been said a billion fucking times and his ex wife continues to make money on his corpse.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:44 pm

Dorian wrote: @Kenny: Don't do a biography about Kurt, for crying out loud. The last thing this particular dead man needs is yet another documentary, especially since Kurt Cobain's Estate=clusterfuck. Love is even more fucked up than ever now. Skanky pics on twitter, accusing Dave Grohl of sleeping with her daughter, and a war with the said daughter over Kurt Cobain's Estate itself. But more then anything, there's just nothing more to add, no matter what form that biography would take.

That's the thing. I entertained the idea as early as 2002-2003 but then decided against it cause I came to the conclusion that Kurt wouldn't have wanted such a movie based on his life. Especially that debacle that was Kurt and Courtney.

But Courtney, last I heard as of Decemeber 2011, is trying to make a biopic. It's going to happen, regardless. So I figured if it's going to happen, might as well do it right and make it about Kurt's struggles, his fears, his ways of coping. But also his desires, what he loved to do, what he loved to listen to.

There are alot of positive things that get overshadowed about the man that are hardly mentioned. Plus i'm not pursuing "Heavier than Heaven", i'm pursuing "Come As You Are" which is based on interviews with the band including Kurt himself. And he endorsed it too. People only know about Kurt for his suicide and those stupid conspiracy theories. I want it to be about everything else, set the record straight like that book did.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Bluecast wrote: Cobain is the most overrated celeb ever and fucking boring to hear about. How much more can people say that has not been said a billion fucking times and his ex wife continues to make money on his corpse.

Standard ignorant post. Kenny has said only a few posts up that he is someone who means an awful lot to him and you just come into the topic and completely disrespect his intentions. At least Dorian gave some kinda reason as to why he felt Kenny should steer clear of the subject. Not cool, man.

QWERTY has received a thanks from: Kenny
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:05 pm

Kenny wrote:
Dorian wrote:That's the thing. I entertained the idea as early as 2002-2003 but then decided against it cause I came to the conclusion that Kurt wouldn't have wanted such a movie based on his life. Especially that debacle that was Kurt and Courtney.

But Courtney, last I heard as of Decemeber 2011, is trying to make a biopic. It's going to happen, regardless. So I figured if it's going to happen, might as well do it right and make it about Kurt's struggles, his fears, his ways of coping. But also his desires, what he loved to do, what he loved to listen to.

There are alot of positive things that get overshadowed about the man that are hardly mentioned. Plus i'm not pursuing "Heavier than Heaven", i'm pursuing "Come As You Are" which is based on interviews with the band including Kurt himself. And he endorsed it too. People only know about Kurt for his suicide and those stupid conspiracy theories. I want it to be about everything else, set the record straight like that book did.

These theories are the only conspiracy theories that I don't find stupid, but I've come to accept the fact that the truth about it was lost, and for reasons more complex than Kiba's madness.

I have no idea how strong your belief in knowing "Kurt's struggles, his fears, his ways of coping" is, but my belief is that such themes shouldn't be touched publicly be anybody else than those who are in the middle of it, even if it's a celebrity. Obviously, in this case it's no longer possible. I realize that people will still poke their noses where they shouldn't, but I can, at the very least, state that I find it off-putting to indulge into this because of some 'higher purpose' illusions. It's even worse if Love wants to cash more money with yet another biography. No wonder she's desperate, though. She took a $2.75 million loan from Frances' trust fund in 2010 and that made her lose the rights to Cobain's image, which are now held by Frances. I can't believe she actually needed a loan after selling so much of Nirvana's publishing rights...
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Well like I said, it's going to happen regardless. I've seen enough documentaries and pictures based on Kurt that only focus on his suicide and the circumstances around it. And only Kurt knows why he went on the downward spiral that he was in, others close to him probably know more than people like us. But it's the same as any other person.

But I feel if I don't pursue it, then it'll be made and we'll have a big budget movie about a sad junkie who just broke things and shot himself. The end. Not sure about you, but that's not a movie I want to see. If a biopic is going to be made, i'd like it to focus on the more positive aspects but also emphasize why he did certain things like internalize and use hard drugs. It's all in that book, all his justifications are there. Now he, Krist, and Dave had a reputation of spouting complete BS about themselves in every interview they did. This biography is probably not much different, but i'm taking it at face value since the man himself said it. And if that's the persona he wanted to project to the world, so be it.

I think "Journals" and "Heavier Than Heaven" are more of an intrusion of his private life, so making something based on those is more of a perversion than something he willingfully chose to participate in. Plus the author, Michael Azerrad, intentionally left out the more personal tidbits Kurt wanted to be left out and stuff that Azerrad told him SHOULDN'T be public. One of those was the Top 100 Albums list which was published anyway in Journals. If I get this opportunity, i'd love to do my own research talking to Kurt's living relatives and friends (any who wish to participate anyway). My only real concern again is Courtney. I think her portrayal in this book is fair and reasonable but I have a feeling that might not be enough for her.

I'm also anticipating other Nirvana fans to backlash against this idea but its ultimately inevitable. I think there will be a much much bigger backlash if a more negative portrayal of Kurt is released. I'm also thinking of donating a portion (or if I can afford it, all) of my salary to charities. It's like Speilberg when he did Schindler's List, it'd feel just wrong to profit off of something like this unless it can be given back in a positive way.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:35 pm

Well like I said, it's going to happen regardless.

I am very sad to see you taking such perspective.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:44 pm

I hope you read the entire thing cause it's the truth. Sit and do nothing, they'll make it. Stand and do something, they'll make it. Only difference between the two is the final result.

In a perfect world, this wouldn't (nor shouldn't) be made at all. In a perfect world, the estate would block any and all ventures such as this. Unfortunately, that's not happening (unless I can get word that there is). There are people who will go out of their way to make some controversial piece of work to get more $$$ out of shock value alone. So the only thing to do is to beat them to the punch and release something at least more respectable. This venture may not be as profitable as exploitation, but it's the more honorable thing to do if it has to be done.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:18 pm

Ok Yokosuka Martian hasn't posted since Pete met him so I think it's blatantly obvious his either tied up in Pete's basement or dead but still in the basement.

Riku Rose has received 3 thanks from: Kenny, Peter, Yokosuka Martian
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic