Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:53 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Kenny wrote: I just got offered alot of money to write a script and I have to be in Alaska to do it...waiting on the terms for this deal...

Oh shit kenny, they talkin big figures? 6 or more? Do you have an agent you can have look over it to make sure you arent gonna get fucked? If not, start looking for one. Unless you know absolutely what you are doing its usually best to let a pro handle the contract stuff, course he will take a small chunk of the change too.

I thought Mitts handled that stuff for all of us.

QWERTY™ wrote:
Riku Rose wrote: Might post her pic.

What do you mean "might"? It has to be done!

Ok. Now not to sound like the Yellow King but I don't know how this woman thought she had a chance with me let alone anyone with eyes.

Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:10 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Kenny wrote: I just got offered alot of money to write a script and I have to be in Alaska to do it...waiting on the terms for this deal...

Oh shit kenny, they talkin big figures? 6 or more? Do you have an agent you can have look over it to make sure you arent gonna get fucked? If not, start looking for one. Unless you know absolutely what you are doing its usually best to let a pro handle the contract stuff, course he will take a small chunk of the change too.

Turns out this deal fell through, sadly. The guy who called me about it was ready to pull me in and start, but his bosses were pulling a "fraternity prank" on him. I had my suspicions about it to begin with, I mean go to Alaska? On such short notice? And the money sounded great but I have no reputation to deserve that amount. So it was screwey all around.

Silver lining is i'm gonna use those people to get ahold of any potential buyers for this new script i'm writing. They work in reality TV and i'm looking for people interested in Found Footage/Lost Film.

But yeah, what happens is when they offer you a contract you call the Writer's Guild of America and they give you a union contract the buyer has to sign. You sign up via membership fee and the buyer has to match union fees. It's specifically written to protect the artist. I also have people to look over the contracts as well, so i'm well taken care of. You never sign anything without looking it over first.

But yeah, next time i'll only announce concrete deals that are signed and ready to go.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:42 pm

:lol: Man 4k is so stupid for the home. We needed HD as TV's got bigger. However unless you have room for something over 100 inched the human eye in the average 20/20 vision can't even tell the difference between 720P or 1080P and many TV's if sitting 6 feet or more away. 4k on anything 50 inches or below will be wasted. Our eyes have a finite resolution that it can see. 4k makes sense for a theater or sporting events screens. For the average consumer it makes no sense.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:35 pm

This guy could/should sue the shit out of these people.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhgQ1URtrCs[/youtube]

Who Really Cares? has received 2 thanks from: Axm, KiBa
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Sonikku » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:55 pm

Bluecast wrote: :lol: Man 4k is so stupid for the home. We needed HD as TV's got bigger. However unless you have room for something over 100 inched the human eye in the average 20/20 vision can't even tell the difference between 720P or 1080P and many TV's if sitting 6 feet or more away. 4k on anything 50 inches or below will be wasted. Our eyes have a finite resolution that it can see. 4k makes sense for a theater or sporting events screens. For the average consumer it makes no sense.

Until you have a projector, you just don't understand how bad off you have it. :P
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:21 pm

Sonikku wrote:
Bluecast wrote: :lol: Man 4k is so stupid for the home. We needed HD as TV's got bigger. However unless you have room for something over 100 inched the human eye in the average 20/20 vision can't even tell the difference between 720P or 1080P and many TV's if sitting 6 feet or more away. 4k on anything 50 inches or below will be wasted. Our eyes have a finite resolution that it can see. 4k makes sense for a theater or sporting events screens. For the average consumer it makes no sense.

Until you have a projector, you just don't understand how bad off you have it. :P

Eh but changing a bulb every 4000 hours gets super pricey. I stick to the 60-100 thousand of an LCD. :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:39 pm

I got my Infocus X1 back in 04 and the bulb is still running strong after 8 years. By this point though it would be time to upgrade anyway to something with a higher resolution. (if I had the cash to, anyway :mad: ) The bulb isn't of much concern in my opinion. Some of the newer LED type bulbs can even last as long if not longer than those LCD's can. :) I still would probably like a 40" something LCD however, for regular tv and stuff. A Projector is best for those special nights when you want to watch a blu ray or game in high def, though their call for light control make them less versatile for run of the mill morning tv. There is nothing more cinematic nor is there any other display that will get you the most out of a very high resolution source than a projector.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Brothaman » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:29 pm

It's been one of those days. I planned to finish cleaning the apartment and get caught up on my homework, but the later did not happen. I hope I can pull it off tomorrow. *sets alarm clock* On another note, I tried some almond milk for the first time today. I must say that it's not too bad.
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Why the hell are train tickets cheaper from London to Edinburgh than London to Manchester?? Pretty sure Manchester is a shorter distance
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Twas a good long nap
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:36 am

Riku Rose wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:

I thought Mitts handled that stuff for all of us.

:rotflmao:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Been having trouble sleeping, even more so than my usual sleep issues. I just fucking worry, and over think things far too much. I wish sleep could be controlled via a switch and a timer. It would make things so much easier. :sad:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Peter wrote: Been having trouble sleeping, even more so than my usual sleep issues. I just fucking worry, and over think things far too much. I wish sleep could be controlled via a switch and a timer. It would make things so much easier. :sad:

Worried about Australia?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:07 pm

Yep. Its a matter of a few weeks now and the anxiety of that, combined with life shit happening just plays on my mind and keeps me awake, staring at the ceiling in the dark. I've been in a rut for a lot of weeks now. I wish i could step out of my body and punch me right in the face. I need it to be honest, i am about to embark on the greatest adventure of my life, and i am currently the mayor of depression city.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Well if you ever need a talk, you know where I am; stalking other people's Facebooks 8)

Yokosuka Martian has received a thanks from: Peter
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic