Random Thoughts! v2.0

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts! v2.0

Postby Sonikku » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:58 pm

KiBa wrote: I have been the KiBa for quite long enough. I am looking for a serious volunteer to be my successor. I'm not going to pull a Bruce Wayne and tell you what to do without wearing the suit, so to speak. You'll be on your own. Please PM me if you are interested, and I will let you know if you have been chosen. I will then send you the password, and vanish forthwith. No conditions. Make of KiBa what you will, like Jean-Paul Valley reimagined Batman.

I'm not sure even I possess the mental kind of twisted, warped, deranged mind necessary to embody the true essence of Kiba. And I've lived as both sexes.

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, mue 26
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby mue 26 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:08 pm

So Kiba version 121 is planning to leave us? Why? Your so much better than Kiba v120 was. You retain his/her trademark love of imperialism, Christianity and the English language, but eschew some (if not quite all) of the more unsavory aspects of his/her rhetoric as well as the irritating gimmick of black and white writing, all the while coming across as more sincere and having a more playful sense of humour.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: KiBa
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:32 am

Well, I finished the first draft of Project Exodus.

It's very messy and still needs work, but it has alot of awesome things in it. Hoping to clean it up now with my colleague and get it out the door soon. We'll be revealing plot details eventually, but I can mention now it's a Found Footage Sci-Fi/Thriller in the vein of films like Chronicle and Cloverfield. But the concept is different.

Now I have three projects to work on, one of which i'm still planning on filming this year. Got some cash coming in, so i'm going to buy some gun props and start practicing moves with them so I can teach my actors the choreography. And blah blah blah blah blah, i'm done self-indulging.

Kenny has received 4 thanks from: KiBa, MiTT3NZ, mue 26, OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:52 am

Well I would say I just had a near death experience. My cars back wheels locked up and I went into a spin down the high way into the median at about 70 miles an hour in cold rainy weather, somehow I didnt hit anything and I stopped in the grass. I am pretty sure I got whip lash I dont know how many times I spun, I just got my car out of the shop yesterday and they supposedly fixed this problem, guess not.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: KiBa
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 am

Kibas post with the t shirt I already knew JJ was a fan of SW. Only now did I realize he is now in charge of both Star Trek and Star Wars. :lol:

Bluecast has received a thanks from: KiBa
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am

KiBa wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: ^ and why do I want it in my ass? o____o

It's the only way to kill it!

:D
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:04 am

Riku Rose wrote:
St. Elmo's Fire wrote:Also, WTF is the deal with tips going into a big jar in some places? Surely it's a personal thing tipping someone? If some youngster who's working evenings/weekends etc. serves me my food well enough, I'd like them to have the money, not for it to be divided between all parties? And thus making each individual strive to be better if they want more money going to them. If they've been REALLY good (and if I've also been drinking), I strongly hint at them to put it straight into their own pocket and bypass "the jar", but then I am a bit of a cunt like that sometimes.

I think tips being shared out is the best option. If only the waiters keep the tips that means that for instance none of the chefs get a share. It's not really fair that they miss out when all a waiter does is pick up a plate and place it on another table. Also with it being shared out amongst everyone makes everyone try harder otherwise your colleges will get pissed at you.

As for tips being added to the bill automatically it's only done in big fancy restaurants so most places let you tip what you want. Many people in the UK still don't tip since it's only become a common thing recently. Last year I got in a massive argument with a girl I was out for dinner with because she didn't want me to leave a tip since she never does.

Suppose that makes some sense, since some chefs aren't paid too well either.

Something I noticed from the taxi is it was usually either the poorer ones, or the genuinely "wealthy"-end of the scale ones that tipped. The "decent"-earners were most often the tight fisted ones...

I also developed a pretty good "profiling" ability when I did that job. :evil: :roll:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:10 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Well I would say I just had a near death experience. My cars back wheels locked up and I went into a spin down the high way into the median at about 70 miles an hour in cold rainy weather, somehow I didnt hit anything and I stopped in the grass. I am pretty sure I got whip lash I dont know how many times I spun, I just got my car out of the shop yesterday and they supposedly fixed this problem, guess not.

Your car's back wheels "just locked up", huh? How did that happen? :---)
My guess is, you were trying to do this, but American highways aren't slidey enough for it; ;-)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W1bSKw0SkE[/youtube]
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 am

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: Well I would say I just had a near death experience. My cars back wheels locked up and I went into a spin down the high way into the median at about 70 miles an hour in cold rainy weather, somehow I didnt hit anything and I stopped in the grass. I am pretty sure I got whip lash I dont know how many times I spun, I just got my car out of the shop yesterday and they supposedly fixed this problem, guess not.

Your car's back wheels "just locked up", huh? How did that happen? :---)
My guess is, you were trying to do this, but American highways aren't slidey enough for it; ;-)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W1bSKw0SkE[/youtube]

It's winter. Icy roads.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:31 am

Icy roads equals slideyness, yes, but not random wheel lockups, that's mechanical. IIRC he had something fast and Japanese though, so probably RWD, if a bearing is worn somewhere on the drivetrain it can make terrifying things happen in some cases, or if his car has an LSD, a problem with that could also make things Go Bad.

(I just wanted an excuse to post that stupid vid FFS!) :cry: ;-)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:10 am

It happened because I had just gotten a used rear differential installed and apparently it was bad or not put in right, I literally got my car out of the shop the day before, because it did the same thing last week while I was at work when it when in the first time, just this time it was a far more dangerous situation. Dont think i'll ever drive that car again, I shouldnt have tried to fix it but I couldnt exactly afford a new car now I have no money for anything, and i really am fucked now. Also since I was so far away from my mechanic shop I had to pay some on towing. The mechanic shop might have a law suit on their hands now, I could have died, one of the scariest things I have ever experienced. I am never driving that car again.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:35 pm

You just can't seem to get a break sometimes AG. :sad: *sonikku huggles*
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby KiBa » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:58 pm

Ryudo wrote: Kibas post with the t shirt I already knew JJ was a fan of SW. Only now did I realize he is now in charge of both Star Trek and Star Wars. :lol:

There ya go! :mrgreen:
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:59 pm

Shared tips can be a bit wank though, tbh. When I worked behind the bar, I worked my bollocks off. Quickest, most efficient, and there were a lot of customers who only wanted to be served by me coz of how well I pulled a pint. So when I got a good tip, it was shared with slow, dozey motherfuckers who had to re-pour a pint several times before he customer was satisfied. And they never changed a barrel or got ice, but were constantly heading to the toilet every five minutes... not to go on their phone, obviously.

But then, it worked the other way round too. Those with tits would get tipped more than me. So obviously, it kinda works itself out. Was always bitter about sharing mine though when I knew I single-handedly did more work than three others.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Sonikku » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:17 pm

Plus there is the sense of personal vindication that results from knowing you're pushing yourself harder and pulling more weight than anyone else to be the very best. Even if your efforts aren't always noticed, you did notice and your work and integrity was always a cut above the rest and never faltered in the absence of a bonus payout like with those of less drive. That is an intangible reward not worth nothing.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic