Ace Attorney 5.

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Ace Attorney 5.

Postby Ash » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:26 pm

Ace Attorney 5 is basically being developed by the Investigations team. Takumi (the writer for Ace Attorney 1-4) will not have a major role in the development.

It will come out on 3DS.

Already confirmed for a Western release, however there are currently no release dates for any country.

Phoenix will be the main character, but Eshiro (the producer) has a made a point of the fact that Apollo Justice has not been retconned.

Some minor plot points released as publicity:

There will be a new side-kick; Maya is apparently in training in Kurain.

This game will take place one year after Apollo Justice.

The first case will be about a bombing in the Courthouse.

Payne's younger brother is the first prosecutor.

The theme of the story is "dark days for the law"; this is following from Phoenix's comment in case four of Apollo Justice.

The chain on Phoenix's jacket is from the locket that has Trucy's picture in it.

There will be more information released during TGS.

Ash has received a thanks from: Peter
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: Ace Attorney 5.

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Great I love this series.

Never did care that much that we never got the second Edgeworth game since it lacked the charm of the originals but I'm hyped for this.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Ash » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:07 am

Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:38 am

Not that big on it being CG now as I loved the 2D artwork. I'm sure the game will still be amazing regardless.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Ash » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:03 pm

Note: If you do want to avoid all information about Gyakuten 5, you may not want to read this:

The official site has been updated:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/5/

Looks like Apollo is still going to be an important character, though he looks considerably more serious here. There's speculation that Apollo may be linked to the main prosecutor, since the silhouette in the trailer looks like it could be wearing a similar jacket, if Apollo himself isn't the prosecutor, it doesn't look like he's wearing his badge, but then he is being shown with Phoenix and the new side-kick....
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:00 pm

Very much looking forward to this, glad to hear it's been confirmed for the West. One of my all-time favorite franchises, and I for one do still wish Investigations 2 would be localized, though I assume it's too late now to hold out any hope.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Ash » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:10 pm

Japanese release date for Gyakuten Saiban 5 is the 25th of July. The main prosecutor is called Jin Yugami:

http://i.imgur.com/aur4Vha.jpg

Box Art - https://mobile.twitter.com/CourtRecords_/status/324713097501765632/photo/1
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Rakim » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:11 am

This looks so good. I need to get a 3DS this year.

phpBB [video]

Rakim has received a thanks from: OL
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Rakim » Mon May 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Western version of the game to be released only digitally.

Capcom has confirmed that Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies is headed to North America and Europe this fall. Previously known as Ace Attorney 5, Dual Destinies will be available on 3DS as a digital download via the eShop.

Update: We asked Capcom why Dual Destinies will only be available digitally and a representative provided the following statement:

"Historically it's been tough to attract long term retail support for Ace Attorney titles. With the release of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies we wanted as many people as possible to be able to enjoy the game for as long as possible. With that in mind we have opted for a digital only release via the Nintendo 3DS eShop.

We understand that this decision may upset fans who wanted to have a physical version of the title to add to their collection but we believe this direction is the best to take to ensure that fans are able to enjoy the game at their own leisure.

We will be confirming details on the price point soon so please stay tuned for more information on the latest in the Ace Attorney series."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/13/ ... 030a000010
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bluecast » Mon May 13, 2013 2:00 pm

Lost my sale. Fuck you Capcom. Not that I don't buy download games because I do often,but this game I want to fucking own.

"Nintendo of America customer service representative: Thank you for writing. I’ll be happy to answer your questions regarding virtual content on the Nintendo 3DS. All virtual content downloaded on the Nintendo 3DS is tied to the system itself. As our warranty doesn’t cover lost or stolen game cards and systems, if this were to happen regardless of your games being virtual or you owning the physical copies, they would not be covered for replacement."

I will not pay 40$ to download somethng.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Mon May 13, 2013 2:39 pm

Capcom wrote:With the release of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies we wanted as many people as possible to be able to enjoy the game for as long as possible. With that in mind we have opted for a digital only release via the Nintendo 3DS eShop.

:lol:
The reasoning is about as weak as can be. Couldn't they have just been honest and said "it's a niche series, and a digital release is cheaper for us"?
The ironic part is, people who are into niche gaming are generally more inclined toward physical copies.
Pft.

OL has received a thanks from: Bluecast
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue May 14, 2013 3:12 pm

As long as the game's being released, I'm a happy camper. When it comes to Ace Attorney in the West, beggars can't be choosers. Objection overruled. Day one purchase for me, full price.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Tue May 14, 2013 3:46 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: As long as the game's being released, I'm a happy camper. When it comes to Ace Attorney in the West, beggars can't be choosers. Objection overruled. Day one purchase for me, full price.

Say that when your 3DS breaks and you are not allowed to get your game back. Your games are tied to your system. Nintendo will NOT replace them nor will Capcom
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue May 14, 2013 3:52 pm

Alright, I will.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Tue May 14, 2013 3:57 pm

Corps must love you. Flushing money down with ease.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Next

Return to General Gaming