Online Gaming: Your Genius Moments

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Online Gaming: Your Genius Moments

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:52 am

Playing against AI is easy, let's face it. Games become a challenge when you're playing against someone. It's nothing you're used to. No recurring pattern. Player 1's gonna have a different playstyle to Player 2, so you usually have to pull off some form of tactical genius if you're lookin at the best kills to death ratio.

Obviously, the purpose of this topic is for you to share those moments when you felt absolutely fucking awesome, and you know that they've either taken their hats off or are raging to fuck.

Me? I usually pull this shit off on Assassin's Creed Revelations. Artifact Assualt and Wanted (or is it Manhunt? The 4 v 4 "you chase us then we chase you" mode anyway)

People utilise a number of tactics, but it all seems to boil down to roofers, rushers, and agressive stealth. I go for deceptive stealth, and watch as my persuers haplessly kill any and all NPC they see while I get off scot free.

It's a clever mix of Morph ability, Disguise ability and the Morph perk.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't always work (fucking Templar Vision!) but shit's usually timed to absolute precision. One thing people don't realise either is, during Artifact Assault, if you steal the artifact and continue to blend or walk, there's no marker showing your persuers where you are, so I just wait for my team members to come and cover a route for me back to base. Until then, I just chill in the desynchronised compass zone. Gotta say, it's pretty funny sein the other team panic like fuck.

Another tactic I like to employ is providing cover during AA on the Venice (?) map (the small one anyway where it's practically impossible to score if you're against an equal or greater number of opponents) Defending from either side is either, but attacking is difficult, so when I'm attacking the docks side, standing on the roof and utilising thrown smoke bombs and throwing knives (which work a treat when attacking regardless of situation), slowing down as many opponents as possible. The only way they can kill me is by wasting a hidden gun (which is a good thing in the long run)

The last one I'm gonna share with you (besides slippin in a brag of how good I am on GTA IV deathmatches... I'm a beast), is the use of chasebreakers. So many times, fuckers just run through em like headless chickens in a blind panic. Persuer climbs over, gets an arial kill bonus. What I do is run inside, wait for the closed gate to reopen, and just casually walk out as my persuer gives chase to an NPC on the other side of the building, wondering how the fuck I managed to give em the slip.

Obviously, none of these work 100% of the time, and the Mute/Smokebomb tactic really cheapens the experience, but AC: R is great online for that kinda tactical gameplay.

I just wish Double Agent had decent online activity. Anyway, I'll leave you to share your stories. And for Kenny to share his about the time I beasted him on Conviction and he had to leave because he was "tired" (and proceeded to spend the rest of the night posting on the Dojo)
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Re: Online Gaming: Your Genius Moments

Postby Tuffty » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:37 am

Now I just want to go back into Revelations again. I remember in a game of Wanted it went down to the wire and literally with 3 seconds left on the clock, I pulled off an incognitio hidden kill and it put me into 1st place. The other guy must have been pissed. :lol:

I think the most memorable online moment for me came out of Modern Warfare 2. It's a game of Demolition, me and my mates won in the first round, the other team won theirs so it went to overtime. We had to plant the bombs or the defending team would lose. With 10 seconds left to go in the match, I made a dive for it to the last remaining bomb site and planted it. From there the 30 sec wait felt like the longest experience in my life. But it was this epic moment, of all of us looking out for each other around this bomb site, providing cover, looking out for each other, shouting out where the other guys were coming from. We held out for as long as we could and we did it. The other team quickly backed out of the lobby after that.

Other cool moments in COD was finding boosters and ruining their fun with an RPG. The hate messages I got afterwards was always funny. :lol:
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Kenny » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:49 pm

One time me and my brother went all the way to an end of a L4D campaign with two other people then at the finale killed them and went on the plane or boat, whatever it was. The hate dialogue that came afterwards = :lol:

MiTT3NZ wrote: I just wish Double Agent had decent online activity. Anyway, I'll leave you to share your stories. And for Kenny to share his about the time I beasted him on Conviction and he had to leave because he was "tired" (and proceeded to spend the rest of the night posting on the Dojo)

:P

I've been waiting for you to log in for a rematch but you never did! Now I have no XBOX....
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:34 pm

I thought you just decided not to renew you Gold subscription. The fuck did you go n do that for!?!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby HappyKillmore » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:16 pm

I always hate people that sit and wait for planes on battlefield, so sticking C4 on them, and detonating it when its in the air is always fun.

HappyKillmore has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Who Really Cares?
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby Peter » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Modern Warfare 2
Hardcore Search & Destroy
Quarry

There is a usual team of 6 of us from work, that played every night. This particular night i was late getting on, and i kept on trying to join the particular game they were in (i knew they wouldnt all back out to include me into the party until the game they were playing was over, which was normal and fine). The random player, who was on my friends team left and i got into the game to see that it was 3-3, and going into overtime. So the last round starts, and we are on the bomb. Almost immediately 2 of the guys get foolishly noob tubed by not running away from the spawn spot, and within 20/30 seconds the other 3 had been shot.
So i am on my own, and the bomb is all the way across the map. I hate that i cannot hear any chatter now (sonce they are all dead) and i know all eyes are on me. I really hate that! So i just decide to go for it, and whilst running to get the bomb i see one and take him out. Fortunately i have ranked up enough to have a full stealth combo on (dead silence, cold blooded, marathon and a silencer on my USP). I see another running towards me and get him also.
I seen the bomb and i didnt care if someone was camping at it, i bolted for it and got it successfully. Now time to do my usual gameplan - plant the bomb in the hut at B, plant a hidden C4 package on the bookshelf beside it, and camp outside the other door behind the wall where the barrells are, and not the main door where the spawn is, and hide in the bushes which everyone does. So i crouch all the way down and i hear the footsteps, and then the bomb briefcase being opened. Click - boom, and it turns out the two guys were in there. We win 4-3. When the noise came back on the microphones as soon as the game was over, i hear my friends all cheering.

Best online gaming moment ever.

Peter has received a thanks from: Tuffty
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby QWERTY » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:16 pm

*gets willy out and starts waving it about in public*

QWERTY has received a thanks from: Bluecast
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:20 pm

When I cancelled Xbox Live Gold

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: Perfect_Chaos, ThyDarkAngel
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:25 pm

Bluecast wrote: When I cancelled Xbox Live Gold

did you get a refund???

Perfect_Chaos has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:04 pm

Perfect_Chaos wrote:
Bluecast wrote: When I cancelled Xbox Live Gold

did you get a refund???

Nah I let them keep the 2$. Yeah I got a 3 month Gold for 2$ in some promo and felt Gold was useless and pointless for me as I can watch netflix & youtube on my Roku without additional cost.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:59 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: I thought you just decided not to renew you Gold subscription. The fuck did you go n do that for!?!

I was gonna bring it but then I figured i'd be playing XBOX more than working. It was for the best but I will get it back once things start moving along. I miss my Gold subscription so damn much.

Kenny has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Calshot » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:51 pm

I've been playing a lot of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare recently. I was in a team objective mode as a javelin thrower, a hybrid melee-ranged class. The objective at the time was to "slay the king". The player on the defending side with the highest score in the two previous phases spawns as the king. The king gets a unique loadout, a unique appearance, and increased health (I threw a javelin into the king's head and he was still standing).

There was only about 20 seconds or so left on the game clock. My team was pretty sure that we lost. I came up near the king (javelin still sticking out of his head from my previous attempt on his life). I threw a javelin at him. Hit. I miss the next throw but hit him with the followup javelin. With 2 seconds left on the clock, the last javelin I throw brings down the king, winning the game for my team and causing the other members on the opposing team to scream "WTF" in the chat.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Spokane » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:55 pm

I'm doing a embarrassing moment since I don't have many awesome ones.

Losing 50 something to 6 (a touchdown but a failed 2 point conversion) in Madden 12 in the only game I played online. Then discovering it was to a girl who has lost most of their games themselves. :oops:

BUT, this happened in real life this year. The Seahawks beat the Cardinals 58-0 and the next week they beat the Bills 50-17. And there were some other games like that too.

Still :oops: big time.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Sonikku » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:09 pm

I remember thinking I was getting so good at Star Fox 64 that it was time to slip on the shades and try out hardcore mode. I did, and good lord it got tough. Not even so much the enemies that were now tougher, more resilient and had stronger firepower, but now your lose your wing and by extension ALL of your weapon upgrades after so much as hitting it once. So I spent most of the game with the lousy green laser when I had gotten used to the hyper blue double laser. Making matters worse, my wing men that always struggled to not suck on normal mode just kept getting obliterated in a blink in expert mode.

(in Slippy's case he would get gunned down on Expert before the enemy shooting at him even appeared on my screen to shoot ffs) and of course I wanted to take the hard mission path, making Expert mode even harder. By the time I got to Planet Venom I was going up against all four Star Wolf pilots in their new Wolfen 2's, without any other star fox members to draw their fire, with a lame single green laser. Awesome that I am, I prevailed, naturally. (with two busted wings, a shred of health and two sweaty palms)
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:16 pm

Whooping AxM in Smash Bros :P

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Axm
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Next

Return to General Gaming