Member count...

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Member count...

Postby Birty » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:40 pm

The Dojo wrote:In total there are 230 users online :: 21 registered, 4 hidden and 205 guests (based on active users)

Surely there aren't that many unique visitors on? There is just something about the Dojo at the minute. I mean I absolutely love the place and I will never ever leave unless somehow the whole forum gets wiped, but it just doesn't feel as "big" as it did back when the new forums opened. I mean I know it's good that all the old forum subjects have now merged into one...but it just doesn't feel as vast. Maybe it's just me...I'm drinking too much coffee tonight I think. :ugh:

Birty has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k
Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Member count...

Postby Peter » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Ohhhh Bertie has had a makeover since i was last on!

Ummm i know how you feel, its nowhere near as huuuuge as it was since 2004-2006, but for a forum dedicated to a game thats over 10 years old, and hasnt seen an official western release in 8, then i am pretty happy and surprised about how many people still visit and post here.

Peter has received a thanks from: Birty
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Birty » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Peter wrote: Ohhhh Bertie has had a makeover since i was last on!

Ummm i know how you feel, its nowhere near as huuuuge as it was since 2004-2006, but for a forum dedicated to a game thats over 10 years old, and hasnt seen an official western release in 8, then i am pretty happy and surprised about how many people still visit and post here.

Oh deffo, I completely agree! Do we not have anywhere near as many active members anymore? Or is it simply cause all the forums are condensed into one overall topic it just doesn't feel it?

And please say Birty...Bertie just doesn't have the same look to it Peter lad haha!!!
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Dirty Bertie #TheOffice

:lol:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Poetry in Motion » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:00 pm

Peter wrote: Ohhhh Bertie has had a makeover since i was last on!

amen.
Poetry in Motion
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: chappers2009
Steam: chaperman12
Currently playing: FIFA 14 NEXT GEN

Postby Birty » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Peter wrote: Dirty Bertie #TheOffice

:lol:

Hahahaha I'll give you that one PAL! I gotta admit...I am Dirty Birty...as the age old chant goes that we tried to get going at a Man City game one night...

"Do do dooooo...dirty dirty birty....do do dooooo...and his dirty dad!"
:D
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonikku » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Something is amiss with the guests these days. I can't chalk it up to some grand Dojo revival. I mean, back in the day you have some 10-20 registered, 5 hidden and maybe 2-3 guests. Now it's like 10-20 registered, 5 hidden and 200 guests. Clearly they aren't just the random dojo-er in the middle of logging in or viewing the board on a public computer, none of the other metrics have scaled nearly as high. At the same time the point when there were only a couple of guests online at a time dates back to when a google search on Shenmue saw the Dojo top the list. Now the Dojo is like 5 matches down. Less spotlight but 100 times the number of guests than in the past? I'd be quicker to believe bots than an army of unique anonymous shenmue fans reading up like never before.

Peter wrote: Finally back online with my data allowance renewed. Gonna have to find out how to make 15G last me a month :???:

I'll trade you my dial up. On the down side it only downloads at 5kb's a second. But on the PLUS side it has NO caps and UNLIMITED downloading a month! :D

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Birty
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Spokane » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:22 pm

But the reputation of this place has grown since then so it doesn't need to be the first thing on the list.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby ys » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:43 am

I also saw that 230 number a while ago but thought that maybe some site might have mentioned something from the Dojo? Maybe a specific thread? It feels too many to be just bots. And I've seen Google and Bing bots as logged in members when I happened to look there.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Return to Off Topic