How do you imagine the final fight between Lan Di and Ryo?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

How do you imagine the final fight between Lan Di and Ryo?

Postby ShenmueFanFilm » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:15 pm

With ALL this hype and delay with Shenmue, how do you imagine Lan Di and Ryo fighting in the final chapter? Does he need to learn a certain move to beat him? How would the mirror come into play?

It's interesting to try to guess what Yu was going for with the future battles of Shenmue. In Shenmue Online we have Ryo using energy attacks and the Mirror seemed to hold very supernatural abilities. I hope we'll get a Shenmue for next gen someday, I only hope their battle/s live up to the hype after long last.

What kind of final move would even be fitting for a final battle like that? How do you imagine the fight playing out? Or even if Lan Di isnt the final battle, how do you imagine the battle between Ryo vs the man who's responsible for his father's death?
ShenmueFanFilm
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: How do you imagine the final fight between Lan Di and Ry

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Final Fight will be with the leader of they Chiyumen not Lan Di. You will fight him however but he will lose but not die.With the aid of Ziming.
Last edited by Bluecast on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby shengoro86 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Yu Suzuki has already stated that Ryo will learn a life lesson before coming to his need to kill Lan Di. I think the fight between Ryo and Lan Di won't be a fight at all.

BUT if it is:
Maybe Ryo does kill him and doesn't feel like he accomplished anything, is this how he realizes?
Maybe Ryo and Lan Di team up because Lan Di sees why he is wrong and becomes empathetic.

It can play many ways.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby ShenmueFanFilm » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:31 pm

True, but he might even find out why Lan Di killed his father. I already know what Yu has stated, but it would be a shame if they NEVER fought after that fateful day.
ShenmueFanFilm
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby KiBa » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:33 am

I think, against all our cynical expectations owing to being shafted for so long, and not trusting Yu because of some of the things he's implied, there actually will be an epic final fight between them. Absolutely. There's no way they'd waste the chance, especially after so long, it's all we've got left.

How will it play out? Exactly like the end of Once Upon A Time In The West. It will be positively spectacular.

There are other ways for Ryo to become wise besides denying him justice.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:41 am

It would not happen but think it would be more interesting if Ryo does become evil and down the wrong path in in the process inadvertently get's Ziming to wake up and return to his sister. Or if Ryo dies to save him.
I would rather see a major sacrifice than a big happy ending.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby KiBa » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:49 am

Are you sure? Seriously, one way or another, they'd be out of their minds to make people (who are now all adults) wait a decade and not at least allow for the possibility of killing Lan Di. As it would be the last game in the series, it's not inconceivable that they might have alternate endings.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:52 am

KiBa wrote: Are you sure? Seriously, one way or another, they'd be out of their minds to make people (who are now all adults) wait a decade and not at least allow for the possibility of killing Lan Di. As it would be the last game in the series, it's not inconceivable that they might have alternate endings.

He kills Lan Di in his revenge but since Lan Di was just a puppet of the Chiyumen they convince Ryo to become one of them. Kind of a cliche thing but IMO more interesting than he kills lan di and exposes chiyumen and goes home to have a burger in Dobuita.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby KiBa » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:07 am

I think Ryo and Shenhua will defeat the Chiyoumen, and restore the Qing Dynasty, complete with a lost city. That would be awesome.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Lan Di-sama » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:19 am

I think the Chiyoumen, or some of its members, have sympathetic goals. This story is complex and I doubt it will remain so black and white.

Suzuki said Ryo will slowly lose his desire for revenge. Despite this, he will inevitably confront Lan Di face to face again. I doubt a traditional free battle will ensue, unless they get interrupted and someone saves Ryo's ass. He has no chance, ever, of defeating Lan Di, unless he has help.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:58 am

Like this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqngvW4ioc8[/youtube]

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby KiBa » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:52 pm

They will arm-wrestle to overcome their differences, no doubt about it.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:55 pm

Ine san Lan Di in disguise then they have a Dance off in Just Dance 5 for the Kinect.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby KiD » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Pretty sure an epic battle will happen between the two. Lan Di will provoke Ryo throughout the battle, telling him how his father is a murderer, had no honor, etc etc. There will be some quick time events similar to the rooftop fight in Shenmue 2. There will be a point where Ryo is down, loses hope, but somehow regains it by either thoughts of his friends or childhood memories of his father, or an outside presence like Shenhua. At the very end of the battle, Ryo will win, and will be able to kill Lan Di, but again, through some lessons learned or because of Shenhua yelling at him that he is not a murderer, he will not. Lan Di will be unable to move, telling Ryo to kill him, Ryo will say things, and perhaps with that Lan Di will tell him where to go after that. Very cliche, but that's what I'd imagine at this point. Would LOVE to learn what happens and to be proven wrong, but most importantly to actually get to this final battle.
KiD
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ziming » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:13 pm

I don't believe there will be much dialogue between Ryo and Lan Di. At least not to the extent to some kind of over-dramatic soap opera. At the most I expect some dialogue explaining Lan Di's own perspective to why he killed Iwao. Ryo will slowly learn the entire truth before the confrontation, and as a result he won't have any desire for revenge. There won't be a one on one fight as the difference in martial art skill is too far apart. I'd find it hard to imagine that Ryo will reach Lan Di's level in a short amount of time. (Unless something "magical" happens to him. lol)

Do you believe Lan Di will remain the same towards the end of the game? He'll get some sort of power up as most baddies/villains do towards the end. This will require the aid of Ryo's friends like Gui Zhang, Ren, Xiuying and Shenhua. His friends will play larger roles in helping him when the "other" Chiyoumen leaders enter the fray.
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Next

Return to Shenmue III