A Good Day to Die Hard

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

A Good Day to Die Hard

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:19 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfwVzjU6TM[/youtube]

Who Really Cares? has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, OL
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Re: A Good Day to Die Hard

Postby Kenny » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:49 pm

You know, I didn't like the teaser and I didn't like the 4th movie...but i'm gonna see it anyway. Just cause it's Die Hard. But it better be rated R this time.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:10 pm

This is getting pretty sad
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:24 pm

Without doubt my favourite film series. Thought 4.0 got a lotta shit, but I liked it, and it didn't get as sucked into usual formula as the second did. Defo lookin forward to this. Although I miss McClane's receding hairline...

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:35 am

That's not Die Hard. That could be any film with a different name!

Die Hard is about regular cop, John McClaine, trapped in a building outnumbered by terrorists using his wits to battle them one by one and keep other people safe. These latest ones have just him a generic action hero..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:54 am

He looks like Gary Oldman in Hannibal in the thumbnail. Bruce is too old for this shit.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:07 am

Die Hard - a building
Die Hard 2 - an airport
Die Hard 3 - a city
Die Hard 4 - east coast
Die Hard 5 - everything?

I didn't hate 4.0 but the crap with the Jet was just :roll: and he suddenly became super human as did the Asian chick who gets hit by a speeding truck and still nearly kills him as they hang down the lift.

I remember when 4 was still all talk and supposed leaked scripts had it set in a jungle with him dieing in the end. I wounder if they will try to pass the torch onto who ever plays his son in this?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:50 pm

4.0 was crap simply for "yipee kai ay mother*******"

Fuck off, Hollywood. This shit started as 18, so keep it the same. Stop chasing the buck and make Die Hard how it should be; full of violence and swearing (if needs be). This whole numbing of 80s franchises by studios to draw as many consumers and maximisation of profits is really starting to fuck me off.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby KiBa » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:31 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: I miss McClane's receding hairline...

Mr. Willis misses it too.

Who Really Cares? wrote: Die Hard - a building
Die Hard 2 - an airport
Die Hard 3 - a city
Die Hard 4 - east coast
Die Hard 5 - everything?

Space.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:33 pm

QWERTY™ wrote: 4.0 was crap simply for "yipee kai ay mother*******"

Fuck off, Hollywood. This shit started as 18, so keep it the same. Stop chasing the buck and make Die Hard how it should be; full of violence and swearing (if needs be). This whole numbing of 80s franchises by studios to draw as many consumers and maximisation of profits is really starting to fuck me off.

Didn't they put the full line in the directors cut? But yes it was very lame that his trademark line was edited out from the original release.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:45 pm

They did but it was dubbed in pretty bad. Same with the gore and violence.

Would've been much better if they shot an R rated film THEN edit the shit out for a PG-13 theatrical release and then release it genuinely uncut for the home media market.

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:48 pm

Yeah, the only version I saw of 4 was the director's cut/unrated version, and I liked it well enough. Bloody gunshots and plenty of "fucks". Edited in afterward, like Kenny said, but it still worked okay. Can't imagine seeing the lame-ass PG-13 version.
Definitely not as good as the preceding three movies, but it was a big, fun, dumb action movie, as it should have been. I'm with Mitts, it got too much shit for what it was.

I liked the teaser for this one. It may get cut down to a PG-13 initially, but there will no doubt be an R version eventually.

Crimson Ryan wrote:That's not Die Hard. That could be any film with a different name!

Die Hard is about regular cop, John McClaine, trapped in a building outnumbered by terrorists using his wits to battle them one by one and keep other people safe.

I agree that it should be more about McClane outwitting the badguys, but the rest of that is why John McTiernan didn't want to come back for Die Hard 2. The script was just the same as the first, but in an airport. He wanted to do something different, which is why when he came back for 3, it was a totally different kind of setup.
I don't mind seeing McClane in different situations, myself. It's more fun than just rehashing the same old thing.

OL has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Kenny wrote: They did but it was dubbed in pretty bad. Same with the gore and violence.

Would've been much better if they shot an R rated film THEN edit the shit out for a PG-13 theatrical release and then release it genuinely uncut for the home media market.

Or why not release 2 versions in theaters?

Have to say for me i would put 3 just ahead of 1. Don't know why i just enjoyed it a little more.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:54 pm

OL wrote:
Crimson Ryan wrote:That's not Die Hard. That could be any film with a different name!

Die Hard is about regular cop, John McClaine, trapped in a building outnumbered by terrorists using his wits to battle them one by one and keep other people safe.

I agree that it should be more about McClane outwitting the badguys, but the rest of that is why John McTiernan didn't want to come back for Die Hard 2. The script was just the same as the first, but in an airport. He wanted to do something different, which is why when he came back for 3, it was a totally different kind of setup.
I don't mind seeing McClane in different situations, myself. It's more fun than just rehashing the same old thing.

I really liked Die Hard 3, actually. Apparently, Willis himself wasn't fond of Die Hard 2. For the same reasons maybe?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:03 pm

Can't remember much from 4.0 since I only see it once when it was at the cinema but I remember enjoying it. As for the other films I love 1&3 while the second is ok.

This should be fun but you can't really tell much from the teaser.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Next

Return to Off Topic