Suggestions for PS Vita

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Suggestions for PS Vita

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:04 pm

I can only find 6 games on 3DS That I'm going to get a 3DS but I want a Vita for Ys IV. I Only see Gravity rush. Anything else on Vita or is this PS3 2006 all over again and have to wait a long time for a decent library to build up?

Also don't list ports. I already can gt those on a console
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Suggestions for PS Vita

Postby Rakim » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Tales of Innocence and Lord of Apocalypse look pretty Japtastic.

EDIT: Soul Sacrifice looks really fun, but I don't think that one is out yet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC4L6I3N0Yo
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Axm » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:19 am

Gravity Rush is definitely the best OP on there right now. It has great gameplay and artistic aesthetic. Really utilizes the Vita to what it can do with the touch screen, rear touch pad and gyro. Flows very well. It's why I bought the Vita when I did. Yama loves that game too.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss is also good if you want to see Vita's graphical ability. Not bad gameplay wise but it's much better to get into this series with Uncharted 1 on PS3 if you want that kinda thing. Im just a big uncharted fan so I had to get it.

Theirs really not that many new OP's out there right now though. Alot of the games are vita specific versions of games on PS3. Which I have no issue with, cause I love my Hot Shots, MGS2+3, Katamari, MLB and all my DD PSP/PS1/PSN games.
But really is just like every new playstation system that ever came out. It's gonna be awhile until theirs good amount of original games on it. For now though im really looking forward to..

Ragnarok Odyssey- 10/30 by xseed (Basically just like Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star Online)
Assassins Creed 3 Liberation- 10/30 (original seperate story line with different main character)
Persona 4: The Golden- 11/20 (So many improvements, enhancements and additions its basically a new game)
Phantasy Star Online 2- Jan-Mar (Finally a true sequel to PSO v1&2, ive seen it's gameplay and it is beautiful. It's also coming out on PC and in Japan they have an open beta going on with great impressions so far. Really want this so badly.)
Tales of Innocence R- Whenever that happens

If you're not interested in any of that id say just wait until next year. I see the Vita being a crazy good system in the future. It just needs more time to mature and sales to pick up. In Japan once PSO2 comes out, that system will sell like hot cakes just like when the Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star games came out on PSP over there. In the U.S once the eventual Final Fantasy or Rockstar game like GTA comes out it'll also sell big. Im also looking forward to a possible RE:Revelations Vita version if they can integrate the second screen functions from 3DS or change things up somehow.
Ive come close to buying a 3DS for revelations multiple times but need another game on there to push me over the edge. Im just really hoping they put revelations on Vita soon cause I really need that.

Axm has received a thanks from: OL
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:31 am

RO sound interesting. I can't wait til next year as I have the money now. But I can take a little drought.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Axm wrote: Gravity Rush is definitely the best OP on there right now. It has great gameplay and artistic aesthetic. Really utilizes the Vita to what it can do with the touch screen, rear touch pad and gyro. Flows very well. It's why I bought the Vita when I did. Yama loves that game too.

What, no recognition for me? I was totally nuts for the game when it came out (still am; I need a sequel), even importing the soundtrack and artbook, buying an E3 poster on Ebay, and actually investing in the DLC, which I almost never do. Guess I wasn't vocal enough about it. :P
Easily one of my favorites this gen, and it was the reason I bought a Vita when I did as well.

One that hasn't been mentioned is Virtue's Last Reward. It's also going to be on the 3DS, but the Vita version will be better-looking. And in a visual novel style of game, better visuals are obviously a major plus.
It'd be good to play 999 on DS first, though.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Dont think I was around to catch your hype train OL but ya, the game is worth the vita for sure. Im sure they'll make a sequel cause its been well accepted.

Axm has received a thanks from: OL
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Piccoro » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:35 am

Ragnarok Odyssey will be out very soon so you could get that. There is a Mercenary Edition too which comes with a soundtrack, guide book, and some kind of Monster Cards.
Piccoro
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: gp_amuro
XBL: gp amuro

Postby Bluecast » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:02 pm

RO looks like a Monster Hunter clone. That puts the game out of my interest. Anyone have Blazeblue? I want to play someone when it arrives
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Return to General Gaming