2015: Justice League VS Avengers 2

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

2015: Justice League VS Avengers 2

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:18 am

Justice League Will Hit Theaters in Summer 2015, Do Battle With The Avengers 2

Warner Bros. isn’t playing around with their plans to make the ‘Justice League‘ movie finally happen. The studio has announced that they’re targeting a summer 2015 release date… which means we’ll see the Justice League go up against ‘The Avengers‘ in one epic Marvel vs. DC stand-off.

Two movies will enter the summer blockbuster season featuring epic team-ups of superheroes, but only one will walk away with the bigger box office gross. We like to say you vote with your dollar, and this time around, it couldn’t be more true. Will more of you flock to see the heroes of DC or the heroes of Marvel? You’ll have your chance to see both in the summer of 2015.

The LA Times reports that Warner Bros. is eying the 2015 summer block for its release of the ‘Justice League’ movie, which would pit it against Marvel and Disney’s ‘The Avengers’ sequel, also hitting theaters that summer. But here’s the thing: WB is sort of jumping the gun because they don’t even have a director at this point — just a script from Will Beall. The studio seems rather confident about their film, which is said to unite Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Green Lantern, and the Flash.

It seems WB also wanted Chris Nolan to produce the film, as he is with Zack Snyder‘s upcoming ‘Man of Steel,’ but the director turned them down. It’s said that WB is, however, looking to have ‘Man of Steel’ star Henry Cavill join the ‘Justice League’ film to reprise his role as Superman. No other casting has been announced at this time, though Armie Hammer of ‘The Social Network’ and ‘The Lone Ranger‘ has been rumored as a possible candidate for Batman.

http://screencrush.com/justice-league-summer-2015/
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Re: 2015: Justice League VS Avengers 2

Postby OL » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Interesting. Might be a little unwise not to establish the characters on their own first, though.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, MiTT3NZ
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:16 pm

I agree. What made Avenegers so eventful was the fact every main Avenger (minus Hawkeye) had their own movie.

Justice League is more gonna be like "hey hey, look over here! you like Avengers?! well we have BATMAN in our superhero group, BATMAN! you remember Batman don'tcha, even though its not the same Batman you liked in TDK, its still Batman! We also have a few other people you might have not heard of before, but still...Batman! And Superman too if by the off-chance you liked that other movie that had him in it!"

Kenny has received 3 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, OL, Yokosuka Martian
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:36 pm

Yeah, bad idea releasin it so soon. And OL's right, the characters need their own individual films first. Might be an idea to use the Green Arrow from this new TV series, and I can't see em usin Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern in the same universe, but it'd still be an option.

I reckon they really need some good comic book writers on board for this though (NOT Geoff Johns) coz otherwise certain characters will be seriously mishandled. Wonder Woman being the most prominent, as she's a difficult character to write anyway.

I'd suggest a cross between Matt Wagner's Trinity, Grant Morrison's first JLA story arc (forget the name) and Final Crisis as the best source material to use. I just seriously fail to see how this film's gonna work without pre-establishing the characters and bringing in a threat as big as Darkseid and his Apokolyptic minions.

The world's gotta be on the edge of utter destruction, coz unless they go the lame arse "oh look, I have Kryptonite!" or "MAGIC!" route, the question will remain throughout the whole film... "Why doesn't Superman just throw the fuckers into the sun!?!"

Yeah, I'm preparing myself for a bitter disappointment and epic fail.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:21 pm

The only movies that were really good from DC were the Batman movies. The new Superman movie was meh, and the green lantern movie was pretty bad. They don't have much going for them in terms of appeal over Avengers. I guarantee the Avengers will whoop their ass in the box office.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:29 pm

^ Superman has not even come out yet.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:32 pm

I'm pretty sure he meant Superman Returns. And Green Lantern wasn't a good film, it was just a fun "Ryan Reynolds with super powers" film. I usually hate Green Lantern too (mainly coz of Geoff Johns... fucking talentless cunt.)
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:39 pm

SR was 6 years ago. The new one is what counts now. I liked Green Lantern as a fun popcorn flick. I look forward to Man of Steel even if I'm no Nolan fan after he bored me with the new Batman. Still little interest in JLA. LOVED LOVED LOVED Avengers as my fave hero film EVER. So look forward to A2. They already have a guy cast as Batman I think. JLA won;t even relate to the new DC films. Which is lame. Marvel did ti right.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:41 pm

I liked Green Lantern, it had its problems (too much Ryan Reynolds styled comedy) but it was solid. It'd be pretty cool if they included him in there with this new Superman.

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:59 pm

You can never have too much Ryan Reynolds. He's the one guy I wouldn't mind the missus cheatin on me with.

Oh smitty...

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:16 pm

I called it a while back. The new Superman movie will start it off by giving broader hints at the DC universe, much like any other Marvel character film does (Thor's hammer reveal in Iron Man 2, SHIELD in Captain America etc). Then Batman gets rebooted. Probably a film for Wonder Woman/Green Lantern. Then, the JL movie.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonikku » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:25 pm

"Justice League VS Iron Man and his AMAZING Friends". :lol: Not having Bale in it obviously hurts, but there was never a scenario where he would have been in it. That alone does not kill off Justice League, The Avengers did just fine pulling someone out of no where to be Hulk despite not one but two completely different people playing him previously. The new guy didn't even get a hulk film in his own right before doing Avengers, but it still works so long as the casting is solid. Same deal with hawkeye. What chance did we get to see him in a movie before Avengers? Never the less, I see Justice League being a challenge. If the next Superman film ends up being a critical success they could make it work, people are fine with Avengers being Iron Man 3 with a few others tossed in for good measure. So long as the story itself is good and the new Supes movie makes people care about Superman again, they might be able to pull it off.

MiTT3NZ wrote: Yeah, bad idea releasin it so soon. And OL's right, the characters need their own individual films first. Might be an idea to use the Green Arrow from this new TV series, and I can't see em usin Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern in the same universe, but it'd still be an option.

I think it would be pretty challenging using the guy from the new series. Schedules in any kind of entertainment are brutal, especially in Hollywood. But television especially are so mind boggling in the pace and frantic nature of cranking them in and spitting them out, it would make your head spin. :P Juggling a show and a movie would be nearly impossible unless he only had a very tiny role in the League or they put the show on hiatus. (very risky) I suspect they'll probably use Ryan again, for better or worse.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Problem with that logic is that the Hulk is about the Hulk, not Bruce Banner as much. So they got away with that by making Hulk smash and funny. A trained chimp could've been Bruce Banner and I would've been still believable (though I kinda still wanted it to be Ed Norton).

Plus its really "another-new-Batman, Superman and their not so interesting or known friends" vs "Iron Man and his AMAZING friends". Big big difference. How many people in the mainstream really know about Flash, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman? Not many knew about Thor or Iron Man before until their (successful) movies came out. People are gonna end up calling it that "Batman and Superman movie".

It might do well but the forcast is a lot more cloudy than seeing a movie with well-establised chararacters in the mainstream.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Eh Wonder Woman and that been around since the 1930's. Pretty sure everyone knows who they are. Well at least know the names. My mom is 72 and knows who they are but never read a comic in her life. Green Lantern might be more obscure however. Still they been around longer than I bet most people parents on this forum.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:17 pm

As was John Carter and Conan and look how well those recent entries did.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Next

Return to Off Topic