PS4 small leap in power less costly *RUMOR*

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

PS4 small leap in power less costly *RUMOR*

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:51 am

http://playeressence.com/did-the-wii-u- ... will-have/

The PlayStation 4 dev kits are currently on their way to developers according to a report by VG247. Based on what was reported, the PS4 ‘seems’ be a powerful console, well under high-end PC’s, that will be more affordable than the PS3 was at launch. Users who are a lot more tech savvy than I am also noted that with the specs that were released in the report, the PS4 will not have the same leap in graphics we saw from the PS2 to the PS3. More interestingly it ‘seems’ the PS4 will not be vastly superior graphically, to the Wii U. Sony is known for pushing high-end graphics, but it looks like they are more worried about optimization, ease of development, and gameplay fluidity this time around. We also know Sony’s game division has posting multimillion dollar losses lately. So This has me wondering if the Wii U’s $299-$350 price point, forced Sony to hold back a bit on the PS4′s graphics to stay competitive?

I like this if true. In fact Manny called it I think when he said the architecture will be closer to a PSvita.

I like this because more developers open to it and costs less for us consumers and devs . Now for those who want massive leaps. That is what PC is for.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: PS4 small leap in power less costly *RUMOR*

Postby Spokane » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:15 pm

I also like this news, hope its true.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby KiBa » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:00 pm

No, this is horrible. Rich people aren't going to have a console this generation. I'm sick and tired of all this egalitarian shit. Now that Sony is communist, I hope it fails.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Spokane » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:06 pm

KiBa wrote: No, this is horrible. Rich people aren't going to have a console this generation. I'm sick and tired of all this egalitarian shit. Now that Sony is communist, I hope it fails.

Your moms a failure.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:43 am

KiBa wrote: No, this is horrible. Rich people aren't going to have a console this generation. I'm sick and tired of all this egalitarian shit. Now that Sony is communist, I hope it fails.

Rich people can buy suped up PC's
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:20 am

People will buy expensive consoles just like they buy new ipads every year. But i don't think we will see a big leap in graphics next gen but rather other areas will be more of a focus. Its time for smarter A.I
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: People will buy expensive consoles just like they buy new ipads every year. But i don't think we will see a big leap in graphics next gen but rather other areas will be more of a focus. Its time for smarter A.I

Thought you believed next gen will be 8X the power?

Also to be fair not fair to lump Apple fans with console gamers. They often buy anything with that logo
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:49 pm

Your comments are always amusing Kiba :lol:

Yokosuka Martian has received a thanks from: KiBa
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:26 am

Ryudo wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote: People will buy expensive consoles just like they buy new ipads every year. But i don't think we will see a big leap in graphics next gen but rather other areas will be more of a focus. Its time for smarter A.I

Thought you believed next gen will be 8X the power?

Also to be fair not fair to lump Apple fans with console gamers. They often buy anything with that logo

Posting articles doesn't mean i belive everything in them but i don't see MS or Sony doing a Wii next gen. 8X would be good but it would not mean a stupidly over priced console.
And views change and as i said i can see less focus on graphics next gen and more innovation in the gameplay area with better Physics and Animations.
We already have games that look real enough but most articles from devs talking about the future say they want to have smarter A.I and so on not Avatar like graphics which is good IMO.

They will both sell a powerful console at a loss for a few years like they have before but then the current consoles were behind top end PC's when they launched so not many expect the next consoles to be on par/better than the best PC's right now.
Neither console from MS/Sony will be priced over £400 and i bet MS will have their monthly plan available from the start for those that want to jump in but can't afford it right away.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:46 am

I still believe it won't be that big of jump. Wii U I think is using a GPU from 2009 Evergreen series. I expect Sony/MS to use ones from 2011/2012 but nothing that would cost an arm and a leg. Middleware PC chips. Still if Wii U can run Unreal Engine 4 and no doubt Sony/MS will have more powerful hardware that is still a nice leap. Ken Kutaragi is the main reason PS3 went overboard. He was nuts. Manny might be right when he said the hardware will be more like Vita design. Which of that rumor is true he is right. Vita is very powerful. However it's also cheaper to develop for than PSP was. Vita is nicely designed inside. Also sony while selling it at a loss it's not costing them so much that they heme rage monry like they did with PS3. PS4 will have good power but seems Sony will focus on 1080P 3D games. So PS2 it was DVD and PS3 was blu ray and PS4 might be full HD 3D games.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Martin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:09 am

It's just another rumour to add to the pot of rumours. All I want to know is two things;

1) Will my PS3 games be playable on PS4?
2) Will my PSN content carry over?
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Sonikku » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:49 am

Martin wrote: It's just another rumour to add to the pot of rumours. All I want to know is two things;

1) Will my PS3 games be playable on PS4?

Of course they will! By re-buying them all digitally. :D

Martin wrote:2) Will my PSN content carry over?

I doubt it. :P
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby QWERTY » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:25 am

Sonikku wrote:

I think it will. You'll basically have the same account but using a different interface. Basically saying to your customers that all that DLC you purchased is now gone is commercial suicide. If one company decides to do it and the other doesn't then you'd be sure that their market would switch over to the other side as a sign of protest and neither would be willing to risk that situation. It would be a different story if we were talking about an EA console though, those cunts don't give a toss.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:01 pm

QWERTY™ wrote:
Sonikku wrote:

I think it will. You'll basically have the same account but using a different interface. Basically saying to your customers that all that DLC you purchased is now gone is commercial suicide. If one company decides to do it and the other doesn't then you'd be sure that their market would switch over to the other side as a sign of protest and neither would be willing to risk that situation. It would be a different story if we were talking about an EA console though, those cunts don't give a toss.

There is another scenario. They ALL make you re-buy everything. I'm not saying that is definitely how it will be, but it's a possibility. Then gamers will have no where to go to protest. The console makers clearly negotiated with each other at least enough to ensure they would all go cheap low end this generation as blowing your budget for the most powerful hardware possible is only an edge if no one else does it. So long as the relative level of power is comparable, it doesn't matter if the consoles are all powerful or all weak. They likely figure they are no worse off as far as consumers are concerned. All while lowering their costs.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:10 pm

To be fair PSN is the same PSN on Vita that it is on PS3. It's cross platform.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Next

Return to General Gaming