Rare Shenmue II DC video?

(Chapters 3-6)

Re: Rare Shenmue II DC video?

Postby Kiyuu » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:20 am

Master Kyodai wrote: Don't give up hopes for a miracle. Tech has advanced every day since. So much pioneer work in Shenmue, sure SEGA licensed the CRI middleware for sound and video compression, but from todays view it is crazily expensive and time and resource consuming to write everything from scratch, the game engine, music formats and so on. Today you just license a 3D engine and add mp3/WAVE music and that's it. They even had to puzzle and trick a lot to have it fit on 4 GD-ROM. I think every day it gets cheaper and easier to make Shenmue 3.

I had given up hope on Duke nukem a decade ago. And then suddenly a miracle happened. Why not for Shenmue?

I'll never give up hopes, because sometimes a miracle does happen as you just showed. ;-)

Kiyuu has received a thanks from: nskachu
Kiyuu
News Poster
News Poster

Postby mue 26 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Kiyuu wrote: That's when I started watching over Shenmue.

I love this mental image of Kiyuu being the guardian watching down from on high over the entire Shenmue franchise. Especially as I already considered Kiyuu a Dark Knight-esque character wacthing down over the dojo.

Last edited by mue 26 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mue 26 has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, nskachu, Ziming
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ziming » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:24 pm

mue 26 wrote:
Kiyuu wrote: That's when I started watching over Shenmue.

I love this mental image of Kiyuu being the guardian watching down for on high over the entire Shenmue franchise. Especially as I already considered Kiyuu a Dark Knight-esque character wacthing down over the dojo.

How about we change her title from "Veteran Contributor" to "Shenmue Guardian"? ;-)

Ziming has received a thanks from: mue 26
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:28 pm

I'm thankful she never left. Quietly makes this place hum with great info.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: mue 26
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Lan Di-sama » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:08 am

If anything, Kiyuu should be an executive consultant for Shenmue III, and get to play through bits first, and make recommendations on behalf of the Shenmue fanbase. Her salary will be 70 million dollars. Should fit in the budget for Shenmue III.

Back on topic, though - Hope can't hurt. Shenmue is valuable IP, but that value has to be transferred to a product that will recover costs and - god willing - even make money. It is possible.

Lan Di-sama has received a thanks from: Ziming
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Rakim » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:34 am

Lan Di-sama wrote: If anything, Kiyuu should be an executive consultant for Shenmue III, and get to play through bits first, and make recommendations on behalf of the Shenmue fanbase. Her salary will be 70 million dollars. Should fit in the budget for Shenmue III.

Back on topic, though - Hope can't hurt. Shenmue is valuable IP, but that value has to be transferred to a product that will recover costs and - god willing - even make money. It is possible.

To be involved with the game professionally would spoil an experience anticipated by the grimy denizens of this board for over a decade. Not even Steven Seagal deserves to be punished that severely.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shenhaZ » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:27 pm

hey guys, maybe someone know where to find the video of "catching leaves" episode from a dreamcast version without stupid comments?
will be appreciative
shenhaZ
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Lucky Hit

Postby Fenix » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:55 pm

shenhaZ wrote: hey guys, maybe someone know where to find the video of "catching leaves" episode from a dreamcast version without stupid comments?
will be appreciative

If you only want the song, watch Ziming or Shenmuedojo Youtube channel and enjoy.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby shenhaZ » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:44 am

Fenix wrote:
shenhaZ wrote: hey guys, maybe someone know where to find the video of "catching leaves" episode from a dreamcast version without stupid comments?
will be appreciative

If you only want the song, watch Ziming or Shenmuedojo Youtube channel and enjoy.

no, I need a video with japanese sound and eng subtitles
shenhaZ
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Lucky Hit

Postby drunkensailor » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:24 am

shenmue 1 sold nealry half a million copies in japan which is quite good. especially on a brand new system. however shenmue 2 sold a lot worse becaus edreamcats was very dead by then in japan. I'm sure the cult fanbase of shenmue is far bigger in the west than it is in japan. shenmue 2 on dremacats japanese version is still very cheap after all
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985

Previous

Return to Shenmue II