Anniversary - Broadway Tickets or Concert Tix

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Anniversary - Broadway Tickets or Concert Tix

Postby Jokatech19 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:07 pm

I need tickets for cheap to any musical shows, but all I find are cheap orchestra seats which come to above my budget. I need back row tickets for cheap because my budget is around $100 for 2 tickets being that I have less than 2 weeks to get the tickets for my anniversary. Need help for a good site to check. Thanx
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Re: Anniversary - Broadway Tickets or Concert Tix

Postby Axm » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:59 pm

I saw Chicago when I was in N.Y. wasnt that expensive and could buy them same day at the theater itself.

Axm has received a thanks from: Jokatech19
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Spokane » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:36 am

I went to see Jersey Boys, the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons here and loved it. My mom said its the best one she has seen and she has been to a few, I believe she saw The Lion King and Wicked too, don't remember what else. Was my first broadway.

The thing about that though is its also pretty much a cover band since they sing all the popular songs and then some plus they look a lot like the original guys. So they are actors that can also sing very well.

Spokane has received a thanks from: Jokatech19
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Jokatech19 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:46 pm

thanx
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jokatech19 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:26 pm

I've been scouring the net and have found some really good sites and prices, but they are such huge sites, that I feel like I'm in a maze. I know there are some dirt cheap good tickets out there, but I don't know how I should be looking. I found balcony tickets for Annie Dec 8th for $85 each. Then I found some Les Miserable tickets for $47 each, but all the way in May of next year. These are both big shows. Shouldn't I be able to find some off-broadway musicals or plays or even operas for way less than that? I know they're there, but they are so hard to find. I don't want to break down and buy the Annie tickets and then find out I could have seen another great show for half that price. That always happens to me.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spokane » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:39 pm

I always wanted to see Les Miserable.

You don't want to know what we paid to see the one we went to. It was 70 or 75 or something like that and it was just here in good ol' Spokane at the INB Performing Arts center in the middle of the seats somewhere.

The thing about broadways is they are so expensive but they are professional actors and extremely well put together productions its easy to see why it would costs that much.

Have you found any concerts? Not that they are any cheaper sometimes. (My dad and me paid $200 to see The Police after all)
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Jokatech19 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:47 pm

Spokane wrote: I always wanted to see Les Miserable.

You don't want to know what we paid to see the one we went to. It was 70 or 75 or something like that and it was just here in good ol' Spokane at the INB Performing Arts center in the middle of the seats somewhere.

The thing about broadways is they are so expensive but they are professional actors and extremely well put together productions its easy to see why it would costs that much.

Have you found any concerts? Not that they are any cheaper sometimes. (My dad and me paid $200 to see The Police after all)

I saw some extremely cheap concert tickets, but was too confused and lazy to search through the hundreds of pages. I did spot a Kean concert for next to nothing. OMG.I kept researching and found about three sites including livingsocial.com and broadway box. As a musician, I've seen the scale of ticket prices fluctuate to weird number over the years. I also remember growing up hearing all my teachers brag about going to see cheap broadway shows and how it's a treat because to see that or an opera are so cheap. So this whole time, those faint memories have been in the back of my mind. Despite being doubted by relatives and what not, I started to see prices that looked right. MTV used to have $2 concerts with high profile artists. Living social has listing based on your area and clearance prices. I found tickets to Fuerza Bruta for about $25. I read the reviews and decided I'll check it out later. I found shows that come in a package with meals and everything. Then I found $55 for 2 tickets to Marrying Mozart. Like.... wow. I'm so glad, because no one wants to grimace while trying to enjoy an evening and entertainment because of monetary damage. People like my teachers would be sitting in front of my $200 seat for $20 grinning up at me.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Off Topic