Vote for Ryo in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed

(Latest news & updates on the series)

Moderator: News Poster/Veteran Contributor

Re: Vote for Ryo in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transforme

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:21 pm

I'm arguing our case, and I think I'm in the majority, but as it's ultimately down to one person to present the list to Sumo it's a nailbiter that could go either way at the moment.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Bluecast » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:27 pm

I read some of the comments. I don't think most of thm are really SEGA fans as in ever played a Genesis and didn't see the rise and fall of SEGA.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:30 pm

Deese damn young'un ain't got no remember a nuttin.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pus6XF_qh38[/youtube]

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby mue 26 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:47 pm

I'm confused as to why they want to pull out Ryo and can't be arsed to wade through that Sega forum thread, can someone clarify? Is it that "he was already in the first game" BS argument? Why they try and jip us for... hmph
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:57 pm

mue 26 wrote:Is it that "he was already in the first game" BS argument?

Indeed. Despite being the most demanded character, some people seem to think it's appropriate and fair to place him behind a less popular character who hasn't been in the series yet (because, evidently, they're not popular enough to have warranted it).
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:11 pm

^
That's such a lame argument and doesn't even make much sense. Just present the list as it is. Well, I'm sure S0L will be well aware of what the results are anyway regardless of what they present to him, I suppose.

Anyway, pat yourself on the back Shenmue community, we done good.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Fenix » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:27 pm

Agree with mue26.

You guys made a pretty good campaign. We have defensed Ryo&Shenmue and showed the kids that their idols are nothing compared to Shenmue.
I don't understand why so much people is raging trying to kick Ryo from the list.
Last edited by Fenix on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:36 pm

S0L hath spoken, and sanity hath prevailed! \:D/

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: mue 26, Yokosuka Martian
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:50 pm

Nice. I now just hope that the majority of those votes were all legit and above the board. I hope Shenmue fans aren't just the most diehard cheaters the world has ever seen, though I'm pretty sure we're an honest bunch.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:56 pm

Hopefully the Four Wude have kept us on the straight and narrow.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:17 pm

I can't say that for some of the people on the petition. I'm sure there were some doubles.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Fenix » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:33 pm

Sure we have double and even more thean doubles, lol.

In my case I can swear that I only voted one time.
I even only voted for Ryo. Not for other characters and i'm sad for this. I'd like so much to see STARS like Alex Kid, Alis, Axel&Blaze or the guy from Space Harrier or even Out Run, hahaha.

But anyway I still don't understand why Miku has so many fans. Not sure if one of you can give me a good response of this. Another thing that I want to know is why the hell were non sega characters in the thread...

As far as I know, this game is called "SONIC AND SEGA ALL STARS", not "SONIC, SEGA & ALMOSTSEMINONSEGATALL ALLSTARS"... Well, I respect that but still don't find a reason...
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby FourCartridge » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:53 pm

The results have just come in. A few words from the dev:

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?4 ... ost7698552

I look at this thread and wonder if it can go more than 4 posts without someone having an argument... :P

Bear in mind that TB and other volunteers took this on in their free time and have done an amazing job of managing this and organising it. Give them a little respect chaps rather than dictating to them what they should do!

Anyway...

When I first laid down the gauntlet, I never expected this to get as big as it has... Not only has this been an amazing response from the community, it's also attracted lots of mainstream coverage. Much more than I expected! I didn't do this - you all did this. Through the love, passion and rallying calls of the fans, this has become a much bigger event than I ever expected.

So well done! It's been incredible to watch (even the arguing!).

What will happen next then...

First...

Originally I set the 'three characters over 1000 votes' rule to help you understand how hard it is to work with restrictions. It's not simple to work with a limited number of characters - and going on the argument on what to do with the final scores - I think you may all appreciate this a little more...

However... I will take all the characters over 1000 votes. I know there has been heavy campaigning to get those characters over that hurdle so take this as recognition of that effort.

Next...

I will need to work with the team who have collated all the votes to make sure the data is all above board. For me to be able to present this, I also need to be certain it's completely valid. This will take some time, not least as it's midnight on a Saturday night right now for me :P

Once we've verified the votes, I'll create a post with what we consider the accurate and final scores are. If we see there is rampant cheating on any character - well - then that'll be interesting. Right now I'm not sure what we'll do if that is the case - let us do the verification and we'll take it from there.

Next...

Well this is where it gets interesting for me :P

I will organise and present the data to SEGA. As I've said right from the very start, I can't and won't promise anything at this stage. Adding anything to the game costs a significant amount of money for creation and testing and release.

But... we know they've been watching. I think they're also a little surprised about how big a response we've seen.

And that's it for now. I would like to thank again everyone who has been involved for making this as memorable as it has been, especially the fans who've picked up my gauntlet and absolutely run with it. Hopefully... I can use this data and we'll all see something exciting as a result!

---
S0L
---

For those of you following here, that bolded part means all 7 characters that broke 1,000 instead of three will be suggested. They are:

* Ryo Hazuki
* Segata Sanshiro
* Miku
* Vectorman
* Bayonetta
* Ristar
* Toejam & Earl
FourCartridge
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: FourCartidge
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: SART

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:55 am

Fenix wrote:Another thing that I want to know is why the hell were non sega characters in the thread...

As far as I know, this game is called "SONIC AND SEGA ALL STARS", not "SONIC, SEGA & ALMOSTSEMINONSEGATALL ALLSTARS"... Well, I respect that but still don't find a reason...

When the petitions were set up, there was a rule against non-Sega characters but also some confusion around the licensing of Miku, so she was allowed to stay after it was later discovered that Sega don't own the rights.

That said, the actual title of this game is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - not specifically Sega All-Stars. And there are already characters in the game who aren't the property of Sega: Danica Patrick and Wreck-It Ralph.

So basically it was a series if ambiguities and gray areas that allowed the likes of Miku to proceed as a contestant. If she hadn't had the kind of support she did, then perhaps the organizers would have been firmer, but apparently an angry mob of anime schoolgirl fans is something to be feared.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: Fenix
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:45 am

Really depends on how they count "multiple votes". I got friends and family (some of whom haven't played Shenmue, but have either seen it being played or heard of it) to vote. In a few cases, I essentially did it on their behalf in front of them coz of how shit they are with computers. And when it comes to certain people on the internet, they prefer utilising user names as opposed to real names. People can share post codes, IP addresses, plenty of shit. So, basically, there's gonna be no concrete way of differentiating these cases from "multiple votes".
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates