Let's just say SIII is in development and....

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Let's just say SIII is in development and....

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:09 pm

It's guaranteed to come out in let's say 2 years for multiple consoles and PC.

Now Sega has the story done but wants feedback on the gameplay as let's just say SEGA is doing a massive fan service to get it done and done how the fans would want it. (sure that can be a disaster but this is all fantasy and hypothetical)

Features you would add or take away.
How is the pacing and feel of the game.

Is it more Shenmue I is it more II a mix of the two or something very new.

==================================================================
I would like the option to have Ryo eat,sleep when he wishes. I would like a mix of the pace of Shenmue I & II. It starts off slower like I and of course get's more fast paced. No curfew but Ryo does get tired like stamina.
More forgiving QTE or remove QTE.

Just to start off.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: KiBa
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Let's just say SIII is in development and....

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Nay on Proposition "Remove QTEs".

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, Perfect_Chaos
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Ok then keep them in but revise them a little IMO. Maybe more how Darksiders uses them as a prompt or something. IMO Shenmue II was unforgiving.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby south carmain » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:37 pm

more side stories, the only thing I find missing from shenmue is that it doesn't have enough substories to fill its huge bustling world, it's a great thing that you voiced every character and made hundreds of shops yu but it would be great if these served more than "sorry, I'm busy right now"

south carmain has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, ThyDarkAngel, Yokosuka Martian
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby mue 26 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:55 pm

Well, Shenmue 2 always felt very different from Shenmue 1 to me, and it's something that I always loved about it. But it didn't feel like it wast trying to be different just to add a few new bullet points on the back of the box, and changing things for the sake of it. It was just that the content and feel of the game was always very much dictated by the location and story, and if your moving from one country to another (and a relatively small town to a massive city, at that) then it only felt right that the two games should feel quite distinct from one another (but in a natural and perfectly flowing way).

I'd just be happy for Shenmue 3 to keep up that way of doing things, and let the location of game dictate the feel of everything in a natural way. I don't need any developers trying to make it feel like S1 or S2 to make us happy, just let the game be what it is, and what it was always meant to be.

mue 26 has received 3 thanks from: DreamcastPast, Luvly KM, MiTT3NZ
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:54 pm

Ryo needs a breakdance move and turn it into some spin kick while spinning on his head.

Ah come on it's the 80's when that kind of thing became popular!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Rakim » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:18 am

I hope they do a prologue, like there was at the end of Harry Potter, that shows a middle aged mustachioed Ryo and his wife visiting a grave site and telling his son Zhao the tale of a brave young girl he once knew.

Rakim has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, KiBa, Perfect_Chaos
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:20 am

Epilogue*

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, Perfect_Chaos
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:23 am

#-o Fuck you.

Rakim has received 3 thanks from: KiBa, MiTT3NZ, Perfect_Chaos
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:55 am

Side stories are a big plus along with the ideas Ryudo mentioned.

As for the pc version,releasing dev tools would be a big bonus in my book.The community may not be as big as say the elder scrolls but I'm sure dedicated fans would put in time to make mods.

Samanosuke Akechi has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, DreamcastPast
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:59 am

The game series that's most in need of dev tools is Splinter Cell. Can you imagine being able to build your own maps in Chaos Theory or Double Agent? Youz would never see me on the Dojo again.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:09 am

If I knew how to use them I would just build a full Yokosuka to run around in and explore. My fave video Lan DC ever did was the one where he ran down the streets of Yokosuka.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aix7aeDPkuE[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ledmIV2gJ88[/youtube]

Bluecast has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, ys
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Golf Wang » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:51 am

I would like for Sega to implement lots of side stories with various characters, put in the bike that we saw in the Shenmue beta, add the ability to swim, no curfews but the watch still goes off and tells you when to sleep and you may lose stamina/energy if you don't sleep, eat wherever and whenever you want, updated fighting system (like Sleeping Dogs), more forgiving QTEs (some of those QTEs in Shenmue II were just brutal, lol), be able to change clothes (he wears the same outfit the whole damn game, it'd be nice for a change :lol:), and be able to have deeper conversations with NPCs.

Golf Wang has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Golf Wang
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: G0LFxWANG
Currently playing: Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:13 am

Keep the QTE's as they are. We don't need this game made easy or anything and I'm fed up with games going easy on gamers. Hell the only one i can think of that really punished you was the long ass planks section and who didn't save after each one anyways?
Last edited by Who Really Cares? on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who Really Cares? has received 3 thanks from: Lan Di-sama, MiTT3NZ, ThyDarkAngel
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby szymon247 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:08 pm

When Shenmue 2 came out I thought - "wow, this world is so awesome. How amazing are games going to be like in 10 years?!".
Obviously everything went wrong from what I had imagined and games aren't more complex. Only graphics and sometimes mechanics are, but not the worlds and experiences/vibes.

I only wish they made the game similar to Shenmue 1 & 2 (to me they weren't that different in the way they played), perhaps an "alive city" like in S1 but with S2-style action and events. However I wish they made everything more "usable". Which means, the great part of Shenmue was how you could interact with everyone, everywhere in the "city". I wish it would go further and into more detail. So you could actually interact with different people in different ways, chat about more/different things with different kinds of people and most of all focus on the experience itself and not some virtual outcome.
I wish you could enter and explore more unique buildings, perhaps visit random people just for a chat and some little unique experiences (like, entering a Chinese village hut and having a chat with a Chinese Civil War veteran and getting a scroll from him or whatever) etc. Basically Shenmue was the most life-like game ever made. You could totally feel that you're in the 80s, knocking on random peoples' door and expect them to react life-like, and to some extent the game totally delieved that at least better than anything else. I expected more from the "future games", not only Shenmue and certainly I'm left with disappointment and perfect games remain only in my imagination.

It felt like Shenmue was kind of an entry gate to the awesomeness of life-like experiences in video games. You didn't get the experience you already know, what you're familiar with - in that sense it was more like holidays in a foreign world mixed with time travel to the 80s, filled with things you would actually do there and they were presented just like they could really happen - in detail and slow paced, so you felt like you were actually living through that day.
I wish Shenmue 3 would take that concept further. That's all I'm wishing for actually.

szymon247 has received 4 thanks from: AM2, Luvly KM, MiTT3NZ, ys
szymon247
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Next

Return to Shenmue III