Unpopular Opinions

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Unpopular Opinions

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:37 am

In my defence, Nas woulda probably listened to me, nod his head, interrupt me more than a few times, wait til I said my peace then school the shit outta me. With books n'all.

But yeah, I obviously understand where you're coming from, and it's the most logical train of thought. I just tend to try thinkin outside the box and look at things objectively from a neutral standpoint. Sometimes to the point of dehumanisation, if I'm using the right word there. Either way, I wouldn't say you're wrong, and I wouldn't say I'm wrong either, coz at the end of the day we'll never know.

If we cast aside slavery for a minute, I think the best way to sum it up is that I don't condone slavery or owt, but I'm grateful for the people who were born out of this and went on to make my life - and many others - a little better along the way.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Brothaman
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Jeff » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:39 am

Here's one. Probably not unpopular in the US. So you want the government to pay for your healthcare, fine. Just find the revenue to do so. I know of an untapped source of revenue. How about we charge these freeloading countries who depend on our security and our armed forces for our services? South Korea has depended on our military to protect their borders for over 50 years. It I was president i would walk right into their parliament or whatever they got there and say to them that if they enjoy not having a million North Korean troops cross your border and have to answer to Kim Jung Un you fuckers are gonna pay for our services. Their army is a joke because they suck on the teet of the good ol' USA. Thats just one example. Watch the documentary ' a world without US'. Its on Netflix. Japan, Germany, Taiwan, Afganistan, Iraq if they dont start paying up, syonara suckers.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby south carmain » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Jeff wrote: Here's one. Probably not unpopular in the US. So you want the government to pay for your healthcare, fine. Just find the revenue to do so. I know of an untapped source of revenue. How about we charge these freeloading countries who depend on our security and our armed forces for our services? South Korea has depended on our military to protect their borders for over 50 years. It I was president i would walk right into their parliament or whatever they got there and say to them that if they enjoy not having a million North Korean troops cross your border and have to answer to Kim Jung Un you fuckers are gonna pay for our services. Their army is a joke because they suck on the teet of the good ol' USA. Thats just one example. Watch the documentary ' a world without US'. Its on Netflix. Japan, Germany, Taiwan, Afganistan, Iraq if they dont start paying up, syonara suckers.

and then everyone kicks Americans out of their countries and America loses a great amount global influence and can't keep an eye on the many enemies it has made in the past century? wait you're right, that's a brilliant Idea :lol:

south carmain has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby beedle » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:26 pm

that is a terrible example, north korea is a fucking shitheap with a terrible army. the south would walk all over them

also; loul@the healthcare argument

beedle has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, mue 26
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jeff » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Thats not true, North Korea has enough man power compared to South Korea, we're talking 1 million men against 40k. I dont care how advanced your technology is, that difference in man power is daunting. You wonder why the US cant afford healthcare, its because we have to pay for the military power of other countries. Watch that documentary, it explains it all.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby beedle » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:46 pm

i'm sorry but man power generally isn't the deciding factor in war, especially modern warfare... the NK military is so backward and stuck in the early cold war japan was worried their nuclear missile tests would misfire and hit them.

also i can't watch the documentary because i don't have netflix

beedle has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:18 pm

beedle wrote: i'm sorry but man power generally isn't the deciding factor in war, especially modern warfare... the NK military is so backward and stuck in the early cold war japan was worried their nuclear missile tests would misfire and hit them.

not to mention their soldiers are malnourished poorly equipped dwarfs, the had to abandon the minimum hight due to the famine fucking up the growth of so many people

oh and @jeff it's not just 40k men, in SK military service is compulsory so in event of a war against the north they have the entire adult male population trained for war

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Yokosuka Martian
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Sonikku » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:33 pm

KiBa wrote: <ramble ramble>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwzRm_Ut7HM[/youtube]

I can't believe the singer of that song all this time was a dude. :shock:

Sonikku has received a thanks from: KiBa
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:38 pm

Sonikku wrote:
KiBa wrote: <ramble ramble>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwzRm_Ut7HM[/youtube]

I can't believe the singer of that song all this time was a dude. :shock:

Yeah I only found out a year ago. Blew my mind :lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Sonikku » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Jeff wrote: Thats not true, North Korea has enough man power compared to South Korea, we're talking 1 million men against 40k. I dont care how advanced your technology is, that difference in man power is daunting. You wonder why the US cant afford healthcare, its because we have to pay for the military power of other countries. Watch that documentary, it explains it all.

You realize of course that NK's missiles and warheads are nothing but props, right? :lol: You might as well be asking ancient Rome to do battle with modern Britain. :P
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:53 pm

Sonikku wrote:
Jeff wrote: Thats not true, North Korea has enough man power compared to South Korea, we're talking 1 million men against 40k. I dont care how advanced your technology is, that difference in man power is daunting. You wonder why the US cant afford healthcare, its because we have to pay for the military power of other countries. Watch that documentary, it explains it all.

You realize of course that NK's missiles and warheads are nothing but props, right? :lol: You might as well be asking ancient Rome to do battle with modern Britain. :P

That's not fair. Even if a few thousand years old Romans had technology and machines,flame throwers even. Attacked in the thousands. However yeah no Air support and the average soldier was 5'4" and 140 pounds. Acient Rome would beat modern NK. :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:10 pm

I care more about the people in the present.

I can respect that your trying to find the positives in such depravity, and that you aren't really trying to condone slavery. But you seem to talk as if black Americans are now on a completely even footing with white Americans and that everything is hunky dory now. But that's just not the case. America is still a racially divided country, regardless of the fact that Obama is president, and we are still dealing with the damaging after effects of slavery.

As I said, I still respect that you are trying to see the good in the worst of things, in fact in many ways that's the best thing to try and do, but I think that (what seems to be) your general assertion that slavery has led to black people today leading higher quality lives, is just wrong. Yes there has been much great art inspired by racial inequality, but saying things along the lines of "if I could go back and do the slave trade all over again, I would, because I needs to be bumping my illmatic" is just beyond, beyond, beyond, beyond ridiculous.

Anyway sorry for dragging this on further, and I'm really not trying to have a dig at you Mittz.

Here's one. Probably not unpopular in the US. So you want the government to pay for your healthcare, fine. Just find the revenue to do so. I know of an untapped source of revenue. How about we charge these freeloading countries who depend on our security and our armed forces for our services? South Korea has depended on our military to protect their borders for over 50 years. It I was president i would walk right into their parliament or whatever they got there and say to them that if they enjoy not having a million North Korean troops cross your border and have to answer to Kim Jung Un you fuckers are gonna pay for our services. Their army is a joke because they suck on the teet of the good ol' USA. Thats just one example. Watch the documentary ' a world without US'. Its on Netflix. Japan, Germany, Taiwan, Afganistan, Iraq if they dont start paying up, syonara suckers.

Also, I know the healthcare issue is a controversial one in America, but why, why are poor working people opposed to it!! It's designed to help people like you Ryudo! Imagine if you were in a state that didn't have whatever healthcare programme yours obviously did? How helpless would you have felt? There are millions and millions of people in your country that do not have healthcare insurance, your system is far from one that works well. Stop drinking up all the "this is one step closer to Stalinist communist Russian" BS. Yes you may be taxed a bit more, but think of those milllions of your fellow Americans who don't have any healthcare insurance. Americans take the principle of individualism too far.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:16 pm

I don't pay tax anymore also as I said my main issue is a personal one. in 4 years my mother is cutoff from getting healthcare. It's just like that episode of Star Trek TNG where at 60 they have to kill themselves,despite the one man who can save their world is years from his final results. I can't accept an age cut off date. I won't no matter what it's a bullshit deal. It pisses me the fuck off to not god damn motherfucking end. Also as I said before I''d be dead under obama care and a part of the family at age 88 would not have had his heart surgery. Now he is doing great. Fuck that shit GOD DAMNIT FUCK IT! It pisses me off more than you can fucking know!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:20 pm

beedle wrote: i'm sorry but man power generally isn't the deciding factor in war, especially modern warfare... the NK military is so backward and stuck in the early cold war japan was worried their nuclear missile tests would misfire and hit them.

Are you going to start teaching us things again, Beeds? You have degree in history afterall, son. And an A-level in politics...
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:25 pm

mue 26 wrote:

Are you going to start teaching us things again, Beeds? You have degree in history afterall, son. And an A-level in politics...

He is right if all it took was manpower then the Persians wold have ruled Greece and Rome would not have been the most powerful empire. Also the Romans would have taken scotland if it was not for the damn highlanders making the Romans quit. Athens was very small but had an incredible army. Very Advanced tech wise. Flame Throwers,Navy and more. yes of course the best example is 300 Spartans and 1000 other sorldiers vs the 10,000+ Persians. :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic