Unpopular Opinions

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Unpopular Opinions

Postby Bluecast » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:06 pm

NASA proved Global Warming is bullshit.
The earth was very Warm in the middle ages. Man must have been all those donkey farts as they didn't have cars back then.

Bluecast has received 3 thanks from: Jeff, mrslig100, Perfect_Chaos
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:11 pm

Biggie and 2pac are way overrated. To the point of ridiculousness sometimes. And Slim Shady LP > Marshall Mathers LP.

@Ryudo: Yeah, it's sad that peeps still bang on about global warming. We're actually entering a cooling period that's due to last for the next 20-60 years.

MiTT3NZ has received 3 thanks from: mrslig100, OL, Perfect_Chaos
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:12 pm

Ryudo wrote: NASA proved Global Warming is bullshit.
The earth was very Warm in the middle ages. Man must have been all those donkey farts as they didn't have cars back then.

Global warming, or just us causing it?

Wait a minute, the correct term is "climate change", isn't it? In which case, yeah I definitely agree it exists, but all the other shit I said still fits. :twisted:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:15 pm

Double post.

On that topic, when water is frozen, it expands. So in theory, if an iceberg has something like 70% of its frozen mass below the water line already, shouldn't the water level actually go DOWN when it becomes water again, since ice takes up more room?
Last edited by St. Elmo's Fire on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:17 pm

Exactly. And climate change obviously exists, otherwise the ice age would never have existed.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Tis what I meant anyway. ;-)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Don't make me come up there and slap you in the hid!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Luvly KM » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:42 pm

For my undergrad dissertation a few moons ago I found global warming to be nonsense. Just a way for corporations and governments to look like they care about something important. The Kyoto Protocol is basically a joke. As is 'CSR'...
Luvly KM
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bluecast » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:02 pm

SEF don't forget there is the theory we are long past due for an equator shift. Supposed to be natual but basically north becomes warm and south becomes hot. So places like Russia become hot and Egypt becomes cold.I don't know if I believe that theory but just saying.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Luvly KM wrote: casual Religious garments (such as a head scarf) are stupid... They serve nothing but to differentiate and ultimately divide people.

Diversity is superb and should be supported but purposefully wearing garments which say, "i am different to you" is not helping society.

And of course, i understand the religious element. I would only question why one needs to wear an external, materialised garment for an internalised, loving belief. surely that transcends the need to materialise.!

An unpopular opinion 101

I can understand your last point of course, but if your main problem is that they purposefully differentiate people, then surely the problem is not just religious clothes but all specific forms of clothing that groups of people part of a sub-culture like to dress in. This includes the goths, the harajuku doll types, people who like Hip Hop and wear baggy clothes, or various fashionista circles, ect. People usually dress the same way as all the other people in their group because they want to be part of something and feel that comfort. I do actually tend to agree with you though, in that dressing a certain way just because other people do does seem a bit silly and can divide people. But I'm not sure it's fair to just single out religious clothing in this respect.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Golf Wang » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:43 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: Biggie and 2pac are way overrated. To the point of ridiculousness sometimes. And Slim Shady LP > Marshall Mathers LP.

I find Biggie overrated. I love 2Pac and he will always be my favorite, second is Eminem. I can't decide which is better between Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP, they're both brilliant in their own right.
Golf Wang
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: G0LFxWANG
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:39 pm

NiGHTS has it's charm but really is a bad game. Not to mention one of the worst songs in video game history..on the same level and Friday.
That said and going to conflict myself. I like Sonic R and the bad music. The game is horrible...yet I like it.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Brothaman » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:28 pm

"Scientist" that say the g-spot does not exist do not know how to fuck.

Brothaman has received 2 thanks from: Axm, MiTT3NZ
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Jeff » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:51 am

'Man Made' Global warming is bullshit. I'm a former president of the science club and I say this. There is no serious science behind the greenhouse effect, unless you think CO2 can block light rays, if that's the case, car exhaust would have a shadow. The reason why the icebergs are melting, and how there are less snow caps are because it's still a thawing process from the last ice age. I don't know why this is so hard to comprehend. I think the higher powers of the European and communist countries are promoting control of CO2 to take down the US economy. Notice how militant environmentalists are about it? It's because they have been conditioned to act that way, and that's by design.

Jeff has received a thanks from: KiBa
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:11 am

Jeff wrote: I think the higher powers of the European and communist countries are promoting control of CO2 to take down the US economy. Notice how militant environmentalists are about it? It's because they have been conditioned to act that way, and that's by design.

I thought you'd put all that stuff behind you? "Commie" countries, I assume you actually mean China? They pollute worse than the US do, so I can't see it being them starting it. A few EU countries did play their part, but TBH I think it's more some tree-hugger/greenie agenda than trying to take out the US economy. They're militant, 'cos they're the noisy minority, like anti-abortionists, gaybashers, religious extremists etc...
Last edited by St. Elmo's Fire on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic